Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

The 42054 Claas Xerion 5000 TRAC VC sounds promising. The fact that is a 2h set, sounds like it will be a bigger tractor (picture looks like a tractor) than ever before!

Sorry to be annoying but when can I buy the 1H sets. The two I would like in particular are the 42048 Go kart and the 42050 Dragster. Also could I buy them from TLG or would I have to buy them from somewhere else?

Sorry to be annoying but when can I buy the 1H sets. The two I would like in particular are the 42048 Go kart and the 42050 Dragster. Also could I buy them from TLG or would I have to buy them from somewhere else?

Well, they should be available from the Shop website in mid-late December. LEGO Stores usually have the new stuff on the 1st of January,with retailers like Toys R Us getting it soon after.

So I did some digging from my (secret) sources, and that lever on the go-cart? Ya, it's connected to a 2-speed gearbox. That's the big surprise that drove me nuts for weeks. Not that it's not cool though.

I also found in the description of the dragster (translated from German)-"Set to the body to reveal the chassis , the exhaust pipes and the functional gear ."

I think that means the body does lift up, makes sense why there's an mLA.

Smart way of thinking.

if they would add pull-back motor then it makes sense , as you would have option to drive it normally and then engage the pull-back motor :)

Agreed! As a rule of thumb, a simple gearbox has three modes, switched to side A, switched to side B and neutral :wink:

You sure that wink isn't a violation of the NDA? ;-)

Edited by Trango

You sure that wink isn't a violation of the NDA? ;-)

I'm simply saying that every gearbox I know, switches between two modes and neutral :laugh:

You can look at every set from the past couple of years, Mercedes, Helicopter, Crane, etc.

well less than 24h for Jim's and Pawel's reviews :) :) I think YT servers will be saturated :) :) I cannot wait till then :)

Wow time sure flies! 10 days passes so quickly the reviews are available tomorrow. I can't wait to check out the Helicopter.

Tomorrow is the 1st of December?! Then I better start working on those reviews :wink:

Tomorrow is the 1st of December?! Then I better start working on those reviews :wink:

They are 1 click away from being published I believe ... so excited

So Jim, could you please remind me what sets will you be reviewing?

I will be reviewing these six sets:

42044 - Display Team Jet

42046 - Getaway Car

42047 - Police Interceptor

42048 - Race Kart

42050 - Drag Racer

42052 - Heavy Lift Helicopter

These two will follow later this week. I have sent them to Mostlytechnic but delivery took longer than expected :hmpf_bad:

He is quite capable of writing good reviews, but obviously he will need some time to do it properly.

42049 - Mine Loader

42045 - Hydroplane Racer

OK, at what time can we expect them?

Dec 1st 0:00 CET ? :P

Max

Edited by MaxSupercars

Did you saw this Pictures already?

Image too big

And the B-Model :-)

Image too big

Greetings

Hsky

The Seats are looking new, that's not a Lego Technic-Part or i'm wrong?

Edited by Jim
Images too big

Well that looks a bit disappointing to me. It's not as majestic as I have expected.

And look at the loading ramp. No LA. I'm just sad.

Question: can a 24-tooth gear mesh with a bevel 12-tooth gear?

They are new L-shaped panels.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

OK, at what time can we expect them?

Dec 1st 0:00 CET ? :P

Max

The whole shebang, delivered to you on the 1st of December. I won't stay up late on Monday, so you can expect the reviews around 8:00 UTC/GMT +1 :wink:

You might have missed this :sweet:

Greetings

Hsky

Please don't embed images larger than 1024 wide.

Ok thanks for the very kind answer Jim!

I think most of us forgot about the mine loader :blush: :blush: , defintiely not the best set out there this year!

Anyway can't wait!!!!! :wub: The Heavy lift elicopter doesn't look too bad and comes with usefull parts!!

Image too big

Image too big

Greetings

Hsky

Eek, the cockpit on thaty B-model is ugly...

Modding a pullback motor into the Kart behind the gearbox would be cool, but you'd need to find a way to lock the motor from spinning with the Kart is neutral or fake-engine mode.

I think I know where the battery box is in the A model. If you look at upper orange panel in the door of the B model, you can see the sticker with two triangles and one circle. That sticker is definitely used for battery box instruction. So the battery box in the a model must be near the orange panels. Which means the batter box may be installed upside down, like the one for 9396.

Ok thanks for the very kind answer Jim!

I think most of us forgot about the mine loader :blush: :blush: , defintiely not the best set out there this year!

Anyway can't wait!!!!! :wub: The Heavy lift elicopter doesn't look too bad and comes with usefull parts!!

No problem.

I have just received confirmation that Mostlytechnic received the sets. His reviews will probable be published by the end of the week. I guess that leaves something for dessert :wink:

Another airplane with OK identification (Czech republic registration)...Another Milan's model?

Edited by Ondra