Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

When I have this BWE in hands, I'll be holding it around my house pretending to be a maniac murderer with a chainsaw.

That's not very kind⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️

Here nice video about Volvo 160E... Arocs and this Volvo are brand new machines so we can assume that it is also strategy to make promotion via Lego...

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

I was not a big fan of wheeled excavators but when I saw this video I like how versatile it is... :) And you're right... the new pneumatic would fit on it very well... :)

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Thanks for info about that belt system, but I find for showcase purpose mininig truck next to BWE very interesting.

As I say BWE is probably flagship without RC and ultimate car is flagship with rc because price seems to indicate this.

What can the BWE's B model be? With tracks, conveyor belt, and bucket wheel, I think a trench digger is most likely.

chain-trencher-tracked-22663-2725377.jpg

Edited by nguyengiangoc

What can the BWE's B model be? With tracks, conveyor belt, and bucket wheel, I think a trench digger is most likely.

This is very high possibility, good idea!

Mil_82_192.jpg

Edited by Ondra

This is very high possibility, good idea!

*snip*

Probably. It could aslo be a harbour crane with conveyor belt.

I'm thinking it will be something like the 8043 motorized excavator.

Edited by Kaanere

Wikipedia says that BWEs are the largest ever machines so is it expected to be the largest LEGO set, surpassing the AROCS?

And if it will include a huge superstructure, where would that (or part of it ) be used in Model B?

Edited by Samer

Wikipedia says that BWEs are the largest ever machines so is it expected to be the largest LEGO set, surpassing the AROCS?

And if it will include a huge superstructure, where would that (or part of it ) be used in Model B?

We have no clue about the scale yet, and its more expected to be pretty similar as the blue crawler crane both in functions (like one motor alone does alot of work with a complex gear box) AND size, ok well maybe slightly bigger.

Cwetqo say that there are sets priced 220€ for regular flagship and 300€ for ip car.If we assume that BWE is regular flagship price is higher than arocs .So there is really possibility that piece count will be higher.

BWE are impressive machinery so lego version must be impressive too.

It will be interesting to see how (or if) they can justify such a extremely high price for just a car, it needs to be very special then. Maybe a new RC system with a pistol grip transmitter?

It will be interesting to see how (or if) they can justify such a extremely high price for just a car, it needs to be very special then. Maybe a new RC system with a pistol grip transmitter?

Or something like this?

EDIT: I will never understand of how to put a video.

Edited by Kaanere

Or something like this?

[media=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMKe89zcvHU]https://www.youtube....e89zcvHU[/media]

EDIT: I will never understand of how to put a video.

Take out the "s" in 'https' It should work.

Edited by JJ2

Maybe Technic will be starting a "Technic USC" line of sorts. Something kids won't be interested in, or have money for, but AFOLs will eat up like candy?

​Disclaimer:This is NOT a rumor, just my idea. Don't go nuts went you read it cause you"re on a sugar high from Halloween.

Maybe Technic will be starting a "Technic USC" line of sorts. Something kids won't be interested in, or have money for, but AFOLs will eat up like candy?

​Disclaimer:This is NOT a rumor, just my idea. Don't go nuts went you read it cause you"re on a sugar high from Halloween.

There, I fixed it. :sweet::laugh: In all seriousness, the Ultimate IP car had better be exceptional. If this scenario were to be the case, Lego would want to test the waters, and if the car is poorly received, that could nuke the chances of getting other ucs style sets. Also, considering it is like $300+, I would hope for a new, non IR control system, that will be used in other sets. It may be that this is actually a launching platform for an expanded series of PF components, much like 8275 back in 2007.

The annual flagship sets receive "special" treatments here in Vietnam. For big sets like 42042, their prices in Vietnam is 2 million VND higher than their original prices (don't freak out, the actual monetary unit in VN is 1000 VND, not 1 VND). For examples, the original price of the 42042 in VND is around 3 mil VND, and it is sold in Vietnam for 5 mil. The 2 million difference is quite acceptable, because when I order Lego sets from a shipping company, the service fee is also around 2 mil VND.

But, for 2H flagships, for some unknown reasons, the difference is 4 mil VND. Arocs' original price in VND is around 5 mil VND and it is sold in VN for 9 mil VND, which is already higher than middle-class average monthly income.

If the IP Car turns out to cost 300 EUR, I think it won't be able to breathe Vietnamese air.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

I like and dislike Technic UCS idea at the same time. While I hope it would be awesome, I'm afraid my wallet is not going to be very happy about additional spending to already quite high values.

In case that UCS model will be at least good it is going to have a success on the market. We all know what happened to first SW UCS and Modulars, so reseller will make sure to stock on Technic UCS models.

Edited by zux

i hope so because i really want a better motor for my models :D

Aside from the fancy car, what information we have so far on the 2H set sizes? Seems 42054 is most probably going to be the smallest one. Or is it not?

Aside from the fancy car, what information we have so far on the 2H set sizes? Seems 42054 is most probably going to be the smallest one. Or is it not?

It is the one that has most sense to make smaller, but judging by the set number, the Volvo would be the smaller.

I know, we need more information.