Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

The part is not new (I remember it seing in some other set), might be in a new color. Barrel is made of two identical parts.

Similar axle exist in in Go-kart's back.

The yellow axle in the rear is the piston engine's crank shaft.

These look really really good :thumbup:

I'm glad the mine loader has a grabber (more interesting to me than a bucket) and a large 60t turntable. My favourite so far is the go cart. That lever and clutch gear have to mean something, I'm thinking gear box. Will be very interesting to see if there are any new parts there to achieve that, which might give insight into a future flagship, much like the clutch gear released in 1993 in a hovercraft gave a clue as to what functionality was coming in 1994, the 8880 gearbox. That go cart also looks gorgeous!

Hydroplane racer must have wheels... It's got the engine block with pistons.

It looks like that the motor block is geared to the propellor in the back, do we need to rotate the propellor to see the motor block working :wacko:

It looks like that the motor block is geared to the propellor in the back, do we need to rotate the propellor to see the motor block working :wacko:

The white rim is locked, only a propeler spin inside(not visible). Obviously the motor is geared by the rubber wheel beside the cockpit Edited by Timoonn

The yellow axle in the rear is the piston engine's crank shaft.
Ah, true.
Pulley wheel is visible behind the seat, which makes me think it will be propelled by wheel(-s) Edited by zux

I swear they were yellow on the preliminary photos, that's just too bad :-(

What is that red barrel piece with the loader? New? One or made from multiple?

That are two identical pieces used in hero factory figures and they were trasparent before. http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?P=15361&idColor=18#T=S&C=18&O={"color":18,"ii":1} Edited by LXF

I love the look of that go kart. How is the steering done though - Is it similar to how it is done on 8256, a previous Technic go kart model? I also loke the two pullback racers. Will they have a B-Model made from the parts between them like previous pullback racers or not because the colour scheme would be a bit weird.

Edited by Technic Jim

Whats with the yellow 7L axle at the police interceptor's front lights?

An early glimpse at a future where all the black and light bley axles are red and yellow respectively! Lamenting the passing of black 3M pegs will be NOTHING by comparison.

Its most likely connected to both a tire and a propeller :thumbup:

Are those wheels on the mining loader what I think they are?

I think they are silver too..... If that is what you were thinking :laugh:

An early glimpse at a future where all the black and light bley axles are red and yellow respectively! Lamenting the passing of black 3M pegs will be NOTHING by comparison.

The go cart appears to have a red 4M axle going to the steering wheel.

At first sight the Mine Loader looks like it's handling a hazardous radioactive barrel. I still don't understand what sort of mine loaders come with a grabber...

At first sight the Mine Loader looks like it's handling a hazardous radioactive barrel. I still don't understand what sort of mine loaders come with a grabber...

That makes 2 of us! its either that, or some kinda explosives :sceptic:

What's with the other three 1H 2016 sets? Dragster, Fire Rescue, Heavy Lift Helicopter?

P.S. I bet the Race Kart is made by Grohl :wink:

If he made the Race Kart, than i bet you he have never seen one in real :laugh::sceptic:

If he made the Race Kart, than i bet you he have never seen one in real :laugh::sceptic:

I actually drove many...

Anyway, looky what I built guys:

P1210495.JPG

Video coming soon.

Just like that?! you just build it... yes that IS crazy! GOOD JOB :thumbup: btw wheres the knob for closing/opening the grabler located?

more pics!

All of these sets look nice IMO. I think the go kart will have to be a must buy with those purple panels.

Just like that?! you just build it... yes that IS crazy! GOOD JOB :thumbup: btw wheres the knob for closing/opening the grabler located?

more pics!

I agree, that's one fast build! :laugh:

I actually can't see a mechanism on the actual prelim picture of the loader; there's a worm gear, so I suppose that closes the grab - but the arms look to be manually operated, which is odd... :wacko:

Edited by Maaboo35

I agree, that's one fast build! :laugh:

I actually can't see a mechanism on the actual prelim picture of the loader; there's a worm gear, so I suppose that closes the grab - but the arms look to be manually operated, which is odd... :wacko:

Yes i noticed that too, its a bit sad that a medium sized model with alot of potential has just a simple manually function like this for raise/lowering. Ofc the worm gear is for the grabler, it could be routed through the mid center and operated from the rear end, even if no universal joint is visible.

Yes i noticed that too, its a bit sad that a medium sized model with alot of potential has just a simple manually function like this for raise/lowering. Ofc the worm gear is for the grabler, it could be routed through the mid center and operated from the rear end, even if no universal joint is visible.

I reuted the claw mechanism to the back, you can find more info here:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=115745