Ondra

Technic 2016 Discussion and Speculation

I don't think it's such a bad thing. Personally I don't want to get all of next year's sets revealed now already, there won't be anything to be excited about when the release date arrives.

If we know everything about the sets 4-5 months, maybe a year in advance, it'll be boring when they finally get released.

I don't think it's such a bad thing. Personally I don't want to get all of next year's sets revealed now already, there won't be anything to be excited about when the release date arrives.

If we know everything about the sets 4-5 months, maybe a year in advance, it'll be boring when they finally get released.

So when can we expect the first pics then?

In mid September, official pictures mid/late October.

And you will be allowed to talk about it in this very thread in January.

haha haha haha.

(in SW forum, people are officially not allowed to talk about new TFA sets)

Technic folks, the guy that posted information of 2016 sets was a troll, so no new info about 2015 sets.

That guy will be banned very soon.

(Handel's Halleluja everywhere) :-)

But really I thought it was real... but not so much because of the 3 licensed sets.

Who was that guy? I read about one at the Bionicle forum.

(Handel's Halleluja everywhere) :-)

But really I thought it was real... but not so much because of the 3 licensed sets.

Who was that guy? I read about one at the Bionicle forum.

No, I mean the guy that posted at the Marvel thread (Neckir, I think). We discussed a bit about him, so I wanted to clarify that it was fake.

The guy that posted the set list (CM4SI) is still a reliable source.

Very, very interesting! on the other hand, going by history its the licensed model that is the flagship. But now when theres two licensed models it might be another model as a flagship so i also believe its the ultimate car as the 2H flagship, and the heavy lift helicopter is probably the 1H flagship, would be cool if it was a very big version of 42020.

some guesses:

42053 Volvo EW160E - midsize to big, pneumatic

42054 Claas Xerion 5000 TRAC - very big, motorized, but with only a few functions

42055 Bucket Wheel Excavator - midsize only, cable operated manually

42056 Ultimate IP Car - RC, very big

42056 it could be any European supercar, Lego and Ferrari has worked closely together since the first Ferrari set came out in the 90's, I'm thinking more in the lines of a Ferrari F12Berlinetta, Porsche is a good bet too with the recent partnership producing the Speed Champions 918 Spyder and 911 race team, could it be a 918 under the Technic scheme? Audi comes in mind too, think R8 V10 Plus, Lamborghini also comes into play as they made a partnership back in the late 2000's producing the Racers Gallardo civilian and police versions, but a true supercar under the raging bull right now is an Aventador followed by the more recent Huracan, if any of these shows indication I'd love to see a licensed supercar with AWD and of course working suspension, a V-8 is always welcome but a V-10 or V-12 is more enticing and sure enough going to be even more fun to build.

No, I mean the guy that posted at the Marvel thread (Neckir, I think). We discussed a bit about him, so I wanted to clarify that it was fake.

The guy that posted the set list (CM4SI) is still a reliable source.

Oh, really? Thanks for the correction. And Neckir (now I can remember) was also trolling at Bionicle. For the sets then? As others always say: we will see.

Edited by Jockos

So what exactly was the trolled information about? Was is about the Licenced Products? I never found anything about those in the thread CM4SI referred to...

I believe the amazon.de info, nothing else ;)

So what exactly was the trolled information about? Was is about the Licenced Products? I never found anything about those in the thread CM4SI referred to...

I believe the amazon.de info, nothing else ;)

About the Marvel (licenced) stuff, Nexo knights (castle 2016) and Bionicle. The set names could still be real.

So if the 2H sets wasnt true... the 1H isnt either?

No, the set list could still be true (reliable source). Remember this guy? This is the troll:

I'm not allowed to say anything pertaining the details of future sets anymore, or risk getting my account locked/deleted. Sorry.

It couldn't say anything of new sets because it was all a lie.

42056 it could be any European supercar, Lego and Ferrari has worked closely together since the first Ferrari set came out in the 90's, I'm thinking more in the lines of a Ferrari F12Berlinetta, Porsche is a good bet too with the recent partnership producing the Speed Champions 918 Spyder and 911 race team, could it be a 918 under the Technic scheme? Audi comes in mind too, think R8 V10 Plus, Lamborghini also comes into play as they made a partnership back in the late 2000's producing the Racers Gallardo civilian and police versions, but a true supercar under the raging bull right now is an Aventador followed by the more recent Huracan, if any of these shows indication I'd love to see a licensed supercar with AWD and of course working suspension, a V-8 is always welcome but a V-10 or V-12 is more enticing and sure enough going to be even more fun to build.

Technic is most popular in Germany, my bet based on this is Porsche supercar.They already have license for speed championship, so technic will be only another level.

I think that ferrari technic set will be very overpriced such as old technic enzo and fiorano .

Neither the Enzo nor the Fiorano were instantly recognizable to me, just red sport cars with some Ferrari flavour, as close to the real models as the 8070 to a Ferrari Sedan.

Modelling within the constrains of an official set is very hard, the curvier the model the worse. The typical Porsche is one of the worse case scenarios because it has many subtle but very distinctive curved shapes. A Lamborghini might be easier to model and recognizable.... as a "generic" Lambo. Unless way higher part count than previous models is used in the bodywork I don't expect the IP to be meaningful at all.

Anyways *IF* there is a licensed supercar I expect it to be a Mercedes SLS AMG, Lego loves to put fancy doors on their supercars, it is quite boxy, has not too subtle distinctive features and is the perfect excuse to make silver panels like in the Silver Champion :thumbup:

Man, I feel like I have just spent a year waiting for this damn Arocs to become available...and you guys are already driving me crazy with all this new information. :wub:

We could always use more Mercedes, btw. I say LEGO gives us a Dark Blue / Silver G63 AMG 6x6 to play in the dirt with.

I update first post with photos of real vehicles, but they not resemble actual models or models from preliminary pictures, these are most google relevant pictures.If there will be preliminary pictures I will change photos to most closer real thing or put official picture I will not upload preliminary photo or will not put link to first post.

I update first post with photos of real vehicles, but they not resemble actual models or models from preliminary pictures, these are most google relevant pictures.If there will be preliminary pictures I will change photos to most closer real thing or put official picture I will not upload preliminary photo or will not put link to first post.

Great!! It's fun to see whether your images are close to reality. Nice idea :thumbup:

No! It will not be Porsche as IP car! I don't like Porsche! I must be Mercedes at least! We got Unimog, Arocs and now comes Mercedes S Cabrio... :)

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

No! It will not be Porsche as IP car! I don't like Porsche! I must be Mercedes at least! We got Unimog, Arocs and now comes Mercedes S Cabrio... :)

Max...

I use Porsche because this year main flagship for speed championship theme is Porsche related.

Cool pictures. I really hope the Interceptor/Getaway set will be visually close to those pictures. Even if they will be quite small... The Go-Kart also looks very tempting.

I am almost beginning to hope the Ultimate "IP" thing is not true. Otherwise it will be very expensive January :grin:

Edit: I kinda imagined the getaway car to be some bright color. Yellow or orange? Anyway further away visually from the interceptor. It might also be red, there hasn't been many red technic sets recently. But seems many are bored with that color? I wouldn't mind some new red pieces...

Edited by LegoCube

Max...

Wait, you don't like Porsche???

MONSTEEEER!

Just kidding.

Honestly, I don't like Mercedes S Cabr. I just don't like Mercedes cars in general (excluding G-class). Just look at my profile pic. :grind:

I would like a motorized 911 Turbo with spoilers that open at max gear.

I am almost beginning to hope the Ultimate "IP" thing is not true. Otherwise it will be very expensive January :grin:

We think that some of those are from the second half, because it seems strange that they give us 13 sets only in 1H when usually that's the total number of sets in the full year. Edited by Kaanere

For 95% this is full 2016 line.

My opinion volvo as flagship for first half and ultimate ip car as second half flagship, of course there can be possibility that claas xerion 5000 is 2H flagship but highest number mean flagship until now, also name ultimate evoke in me something special.

For 95% this is full 2016 line.

My opinion volvo as flagship for first half and ultimate ip car as second half flagship, of course there can be possibility that claas xerion 5000 is 2H flagship but highest number mean flagship until now, also name ultimate evoke in me something special.

I can see this happening. Volvo is a big name and obtaining their licensing just for anything other than a flagship doesn't make sense. I also think the police interceptor and the getaway racer would be small sets in a scale similar to the 42022 hot rod.

I also think the police interceptor and the getaway racer would be small sets in a scale similar to the 42022 hot rod.

The pricing for them in the amazon.de leak was same as for the pullback sets this year. So safe bet would be they are pullback or similar.

Here are the prices from that source. Maybe these could be added to the first post? (Names translated from German, that is why name can be different)

lego Technic 42044 - Jet 9.99 Euros

lego Technic 42045 - Rescue-bot 14.99 Euros

lego Technic 42046 - Escape Vehicle 19.99 Euros ( =Getaway Racer )

lego Technic 42047 - Police Interceptor 19.99 Euros

lego Technic 42048 - Go-cart 26.99 Euros

lego Technic 42049 - Mining loader 39.99 Euros

The piece count information in the first post could perhaps also be estimated based on this info?

Edited by LegoCube