CM4Sci

Creator 2016

I don't know, I kind of like the helo. A twin-rotor helicrane is novel, and there's still the alternate builds. Could be about 8-10 studs longer, but yeah, I'm OK with it. Also, tracks.

I'm actually really impressed at how they made a two story building out of an RV. If you had told me that there was going to be a Creator set where the primary build was an RV and the second a two-story building, I would have said you were making things up. But there it is.

There is one thing that could make this helicopter interesting: looking at the picture there should be enough space inside to link the rotors with gears. Or am I just dreaming? This would be a novelty in the recent creator line.

I too am hoping for the continuation of the amsuement sub-theme. I'm actually hoping they alternate, one year a travelling ride, the next year a statis ride, and so on. I'd like to see a waltzer, dodgems, gravity wheel, etc.

The amusement park friends sets have great potential for a sideshow alley.

What can I say ... I absolutely love this set. I probably have to buy two of these, one for the van, one for the house!

<picture cut out>

Amazing job TLG - gives me the Creator Expert VW T1 Camper Van feeling when I look at this gorgous box and set :wub:

I love the potential of this set. It seems to be a perfect gift set both for die-hard Lego fan and newbie. With this set you get 3 different scenarios to play with. Simply awesome!

Edited by peter_m

Surprisingly the lighthouses from creator and scooby doo lines cost the same.

I'm still undecided which I like more...

What i the better deal in your opinion?

Surprisingly the lighthouses from creator and scooby doo lines cost the same.

I'm still undecided which I like more...

What i the better deal in your opinion?

I'd lean heavily in the Creator one's favor - though I don't think we have a piece count for it yet, I'd wager it's a better price per piece since Creator sets usually are. Plus it has a light brick.

The more interesting question is how this new lighthouse compares to the previous Creator lighthouse set from a few years back (on price, on design, on piece content etc)

The 5770 is bigger (I mean the tower, not the piece number in whole set)5770_alt1.jpg

Edited by parsom

I'd lean heavily in the Creator one's favor - though I don't think we have a piece count for it yet, I'd wager it's a better price per piece since Creator sets usually are. Plus it has a light brick.

That box art has me liking even more!!

Hi,

Me too, I find this lighthouse more interesting than the Scooby one. I think it will be an automatic buy for me.

I was quite disappointed by the first wave of Creator sets this year but it seems TLG kept some amazing sets for the summer !

Good for me, I will be able to buy more LEGO after the middle of the year (budget troubles will be over...)

That camping car is so great and the alternatives builds seems very good, as the lighthouse it's a no brain buy I think !

I got my first creator set, Corner Deli, this week. This is my first modular. I liked the design and it was cheap haha. I may go for the bank when I get my tax refund. Is the bank worth getting?

I got my first creator set, Corner Deli, this week. This is my first modular. I liked the design and it was cheap haha. I may go for the bank when I get my tax refund. Is the bank worth getting?

Yes, The brick bank is worth getting, I got it already, and it is a great part to put with all other modular buildings.

Iv also started getting them. Get the older ones first before there discontinued like the pet shop next.

Planning on getting the Brick Bank and maybe the bike/cafe set during March double points. I really like the auto repair build from the bike/cafe set as it will go nicely with what my downtown plans.

I also got the pet shop a few weeks back and deli. I wouldn't class the deli as modular but it is nice. Iv just ordered the palace cinema. I'll get the older ones first.

You were right:

31051-1.jpg?201601290143

This looks surprisingly like the Friends Lighthouse I was going to buy my wife.. I might hold on for this.. Or not.. :S Not sure..

Is there anything you need to know about the Friends version that would help you make a decision? I have the set but have yet to build it.

The May Lego store calendar is out. 31052 Vacation Getaway will be available in May, it doesn't mention anything about any of the other Creator sets though.

How about that new exclusive set, is there any info about it? Maybe a new Creator car...

I think that's later, I think this one is gonna be Big Ben.