CM4Sci

Creator 2016

Its hard to tell from the pictures we have so far but it looks to me like the ocean explorer comes with the 1 x 2 inverted slope in dark blue. If so, YES YES YES, I need a bunch of those for MOC projects :)

Edited by jonwil

Instructions for a few of the new Creator sets are now available and its confirmed that the Ocean Explorer contains 2 of the blue inverted slopes. YAY.

thanks for the pics. like the look of the lakeside lodge... especially that moose!! will definately get at least one copy of that and see if i can track down some white roof tiles.

Here's a look at the new Lakeside Lodge... all three builds! :classic:

Build 1:

23769452246_bf45697cce_z.jpg

23713116141_862b79bbb0_z.jpg

23713113441_2097dd5a95_z.jpg

23499857900_1a5512d790_z.jpg

23168744253_d8b14c341c_z.jpg

Build 2:

23769447506_f8e5241e68_z.jpg

23795546875_3f02e28ec3_z.jpg

23795546875_3f02e28ec3_z.jpg

23769453696_ac2245a2ea_z.jpg

Build 3:

23167412374_6711e003b0_z.jpg

23499860880_b133682a1e_z.jpg

23769446996_0aefd4ba66_z.jpg

23769818736_f93da25856_z.jpg

Edited by just2good

I have similar feelings like with Changing Seasons. Good idea, but weak realisation. A bit wasted potential.

thanks, just2. i like the main build, but not the others so much. with the third build, it seems the door should be where the 3 windows are, treating the sandy patch where the frog is like a deck.

i will pick up at least one copy, but may get more if i want more moose. can the moose not be built with the other 2 designs? if not, it seems odd they didnt incorporate the antlers as a trophy like they did the fish.

Not a fan of the set as a whole but I will probably pinch the idea for that moose and get the bits from Bricklink or something.

Didn't see this reported here yet but it seems like these 2016 CREATOR sets were confirmed recently.

31051 Lighthouse

31052 Holiday

31053 Treehouse

New names:

31049 Dual-Rotor Helicopter

31051 Lighthouse Cape

31052 Holiday Destinations

Listings here:

http://www.sinqel.com/lego-dubbel-rotor-helikopter-lego.html

http://www.sinqel.com/lego-vuurtorenkaap-lego.html

http://www.sinqel.com/lego-vakantieplekjes-lego.html

No sign of the Treehouse yet.

31051 Lighthouse Cape

31052 Holiday Destinations

Sounds nice. And they looks like quite big sets (basing at price).

Holiday destination can be interesting set, probably with many details and mini builds.

Twin rotor helicopter is interesting it is like chinook or like kamov.

The Corner Deli is quite interesting, if only for its selection of Medium Blue (?) and Dark Orange bricks. I also quite like the minifigure parts, especially the torsos.

I could see a lot of the parts in it being used for when I mod my Brick Bank, such as that keyboard-printed 1x2 slope which would be used for the 24-Hour ATM I plan to add, and the dark orange bricks for the upstairs above my separated laundromat...

Holiday Destinations sounds interesting.

With the "3 in 1" aspect, I wonder whether it's something like beach, mountains and snow. Or whether it's something like arcade, fast food restaurant and museum?>

Edited by Agent 86

Thank you very much for the review of the sea hut, just2good, and for the news, BlockLogo and Fritzy! :classic:

The Holiday Destinations sets sound very promising. For 70 Euros I'm curious about what'll be included - esp. which buildings.

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Not sure if this means anything but... I came across this listing for Holiday Destinations that same day, and when translated from Russian to English using Google Translate, it spits out "Camping" (the other listings translate to "Lighthouse" and "Tree house").

Very curious about the Lighthouse - I wish LEGO would make a big Creator Expert lighthouse one day.

Been following set information to see what would make a good gift for the wife in 2016.. I was kind of interested in the Lakeside Lodge, but she already owns Lego Mountain Hut and this just seems to be a smaller rehash of the same theme, so that is a pass for me.

That said, the Corner Deli looks like a fantastic set to me. It would look so cool with Bike Shop & Cafe on either side as a city corner diaroma. I've got my eyes on you, Corner Deli.

I'm intrigued by it too, but I've noticed there hasn't been much discussion on it since it released.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No don't be silly it's the set descriptions from london toy fair.

Creator
  • 31049 Dual Rotor Helicopter – £19.99
  • 31051 Cape Lighthouse – £39.99
    Brick built large killer whale. The lighthouse lights up and detaches from the rest of the set.
  • 31052 Vacation Getaways – £49.99
    Big white and blue RV with fold out awning and a brick built bear.
  • 31053 tree house adventures – £24.99

• 31052 Vacation Getaways – £49.99
    Big white and blue RV with fold out awning and a brick built bear.

I am interested in this