Looks good - classy in its own right.

The model looks great! I think it's really awesome that you are revisiting it to improve on it! :classic:

Thanks guys

The connection isn't "illegal" because the pin doesn't snap/isn't secure (at all), but because it basically ruins the part over time, so I'd say the bottom one.

Since there is a bar through the pin, keeping the prongs expanded, wouldn't that overcome the detriment of it being compress?

As for improvements, my only problem with your design would be the ends of the wings, which are very "steppy". Have you considered making that side of the wing fully flat by rotating the whole wing itself?

As to force a perspective that the slopes appears linear than what it actually is?

Since there is a bar through the pin, keeping the prongs expanded, wouldn't that overcome the detriment of it being compress?

Nope since it has no room to expand (I wonder if such a round brick with room for pins would be technically doable, probably not).

I was inserting pins in round bricks all the time when I was a kid, eventually they wouldn't pin anymore, not that I really cared about rules back then.

As to force a perspective that the slopes appears linear than what it actually is?

Only to have the wings less steppy, whatever the mean. Of course another way is to use plates, I'm not sure what's worse, studs or steppy slopes.

Nope since it has no room to expand (I wonder if such a round brick with room for pins would be technically doable, probably not).

I was inserting pins in round bricks all the time when I was a kid, eventually they wouldn't pin anymore, not that I really cared about rules back then.

Oh, I see, since the clearance of the Technic pin is slightly wider than the diameter of a bar.

Only to have the wings less steppy, whatever the mean. Of course another way is to use plates, I'm not sure what's worse, studs or steppy slopes.

Some of the cheese slopes delineating the gun housing have to be offset by a half plate so that the stacked slopes as a whole are linear, and that is only possible with modified bricks and brackets. I have tried to integrate plates into the setup, but that has been unsuccessful and clunky.

There is this other slope 2744.t1.png (2744), and when stacked it is linear, but unfortunately, the Technic holes…

Edited by LiLmeFromDaFuture

I think that if you use this slope instead it would be less steppy, but that would mean redesigning the whole wings and also I'm not sure if the angle would be right.

Indeed it is less steppy, and sure would require a considerably amount of redesigning, though will not work so well with how thick it is

Indeed it is less steppy, and sure would require a considerably amount of redesigning, though will not work so well with how thick it is

It can work, though the angle won't end at the front in a nice point, as you say.

Very nice model, by the way! :classic:

While it works better because the steps are parallel to the other axis, it's still steppy though.

I didn't know about part 2744, seems interesting.

Otherwise there's a combination of both, which has a "cut" instead of a "step", & is only better because it preserves the line.

LessSteppy.jpg

If you managed to adapt the first slope here, it'd look much better. Note that it doesn't work in the LDD because the 1x2 slope snaps to half studs, but that's only in the LDD.

70bf747361d1cb555d8b732ed21274ed.jpg

Edited by anothergol

It can work, though the angle won't end at the front in a nice point, as you say.

Very nice model, by the way! :classic:

Thanks! Your T-47 is what inspired me fashion mine with brick built wings.

About the nice point at the front, that is what I was trying to find the words to say. To elaborate why it was not possible to manage using that sloped brick resulted from finding a new solution for the nose, which is similar to Lars' original design, but does not involve partial connections, and that ultimately required a finer point so that the wings align up with the nose smoothly as possible with minimal gaps and rough edges.

While it works better because the steps are parallel to the other axis, it's still steppy though.

I didn't know about part 2744, seems interesting.

Otherwise there's a combination of both, which has a "cut" instead of a "step", & is only better because it preserves the line.

*snip*

Though the issue remains present of how to keep the line linear at the end of the 4 x 1 sloped brick?

If you managed to adapt the first slope here, it'd look much better. Note that it doesn't work in the LDD because the 1x2 slope snaps to half studs, but that's only in the LDD.

*snip*

For the 18º slope, the piece in the middle will need to be connected, and that seems it could be done with a 99206 modified plate, but the problem being that it is a 2 x 2. Do you have any ideas of how it could connected otherwise?

Edited by LiLmeFromDaFuture

For the 18º slope, the piece in the middle will need to be connected, and that seems it could be done with a 99206 modified plate, but the problem being that it is a 2 x 2. Do you have any ideas of how it could connected otherwise?

well yes, using a 47905. So you'd have to manage to attach a stud for the middle slope, & antistuds for the 2 others, which could be tricky.

Well, the extra parts arrived weeks ago, but I have been so caught up with redesigning my AT-ST, that I unintentionally neglected sharing photos of the new improvements that I made to my Snowspeeder in LDD. The cockpit is impressively better structured then originally, and the nose redesigned now being 100% connected to the rest of the model, and the heatsink fins remodeled to ecmo47's design. Among other things, the structure of the wings has been reworked significantly, as well the gun housings, air brakes, laser cannons, etc. I will have proper photos to come…

28066441793_944ff6ac44_c.jpg

28066441113_bcce84fcb0_c.jpg

28066440183_d210d34d49_c.jpg

28066439453_1ab268eb00_c.jpg

28682131345_a9aa625a0f_c.jpg

28682130535_b143223d6f_c.jpg

28682129825_491e9a170e_c.jpg

28682129085_7c20110fcd_c.jpg

28398061940_9b259bd6e6_c.jpg

Awesome - looks great in bricks - well worth the wait. Another top job LiLme.

Thanks! I say of the cockpit (where the minifigures sit) that it has the sturdy structure which can be expected from Lego's sets; it will be able handle a good deal of play. Before I make the file available, I will 1) make sure that all elements are in their most recent molds, currently produced, and in colors readily available; 2) polish up the generated building guide so it is coherent enough to be built from LDD; and 3) create a BrickStock file of the required parts, so it will be easy for anyone to attain the parts through Bricklink—for to provide an enjoyable experience for everyone!

It looks excellent, playable, sturdy, and a lot more accurate than Lego's offering. Well done sir!

I'd say it's the best among the small ones I've seen so far (minifig scale). Remarkable! Somehow I totally overlooked the existence of that fine windscreen you used in the front. Great choice.

Now, all you need is to finish that AT-AT to stomp on it properly ;) .

I'd say it's the best among the small ones I've seen so far (minifig scale). Remarkable! Somehow I totally overlooked the existence of that fine windscreen you used in the front. Great choice.

Thanks—it is certainly larger in life! The windscreen worked out well being longer and deeper than other ones (like the one for the rear), though it still negates from the flowing aesthetics of the overall aircraft; I hope Lego will produce a windscreen (and an appropriately long one) exclusively for this at some point.

Now, all you need is to finish that AT-AT to stomp on it properly ;) .

I am anticipating that day with malice :devil:

What do you think about changing the pin/clip on the back by a jumper plate so that you can plug in a blaster?

The rear gun definitely needs to be redesign, since there is a stud preventing use of the previous version, and I have looked into implementing blasters, but I dislike that they angle upwards, yet I will keep searching for other solutions, and I do appreciate suggestions from others like yourself—thank you.

This is beautifully built speeder and the continued refining of it's shape and build has been great to see.

Looking at Brickdoctor's older speeder I like the sloping of the wings little more as it alleviates the 'step' nature along the size although I'd need to see how to incorporate that into the rest of your excellent build.

I've got the last lxf file you uploaded but once (if) you get round to uploading the new one I think I'm going to try and build this.

I absolutely love this design. I feel like LEGO gets so caught up in getting its products out that they don't design things as well as people can do when they make a MOC. I dislike how LEGO doesn't try to implement SNOT Techniques as much as possible. I love that you have smooth surfaces and very few studs showing which only adds to the design at this point.

28066439453_1ab268eb00_c.jpg

/\

| (There's an obvious winner) V.S.

|

75098-Assault-on-Hoth-snowspeeder-angled.jpg?8e70df

Keep up the great work!!! I cant wait until you share the new lxf file!!!

Edited by MaxTube55

I dislike how LEGO doesn't try to implement SNOT Techniques as much as possible.

Well, that's not quite fair. If an 8 or 9 year old kid would try to assemble a really advanced, SNOT-build model, I guarantee it would be their very last contact with LEGO. Even if they succeded, following the instructions, they would never be able to build anything similar. Toys need to be sturdy and reasonably simple (which does not mean primitive, of course) a that's what LEGO sets are. Adult building is a whole another story. And about visible studs - that's company's policy; the studs are considered a LEGO heritage and will be exposed to the end of days :) .