CMP

Heroica RPG - Quest #140: Requiem for a Machine

Recommended Posts

Mortimer bows his head to the ogre in greeting. "We've come to say hello to an old associate."

15551083836_c4700330a1_t.jpg

"You seem pretty heavily armed for a social call. Luckily for you, heroes are more welcome than they have been in the past. But you still need to disarm."

Avina shot a sideways look at the party, evidently uncertain that this was wise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Leaving the weapons habt been the custom here and it hasn´t gotten me into any trouble before..." Keliim lowers his voice and looks at the others, "Buuut, I habt a feelin somethin' can go doon tonigh'!"

He looks at Em and whispers, "Whats do thou say, how weel do thou know this place?" "

"Avina, Canst we smuggle in some weapon?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Em whispers back to Keliim, his voice low. "I don't know it, but we've got no choice. Maybe someone will have to stay outside, come in with our weapons if things heat up. Thoughts?"

Mortimer's hand twitches a little. He seemed hesitant to give up his weapons, his hand touching Erdy's handcannon. "No problem," he mutters, making eye contact with the ogre. "I assume you'll make sure nothing happens to them while we're inside?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OOC: I didn't realize this until now, but for some reason the Wicked Javelin is still in my inventory, and I remember selling it you, Pie. :blush: If you could remove it, I'd appreciate it.

Annienal felt nervous. She didn't recall ever going to the Hovels, and the entire atmosphere felt ominous and uncomfortable with the beggars and the poor surrounding her. She wasn't fully aware this place was this bad. She kept close to the group as they wandered the derelict streets.

"You seem pretty heavily armed for a social call. Luckily for you, heroes are more welcome than they have been in the past. But you still need to disarm."

Annienal reluctantly hands all of her weapons over, her Bonaparte Cutlass (WP:9, doubled if the user has reputation among the Bonapartes; longsword), Ammit (WP: 6; greatsword, user gains 5 ether for every kill), Anointed Gladius (WP: 8, deals damage undead; great sword), Sanctified Rito Longsword (WP: 4, Hits doubled against flying enemies, longsword), but keeps her Training Sword (WP: 4).

"Can I give you my word that I will not draw this blade inside the building?" Annienal asks diplomatically. "Now that I look at it, I have a lot of weapons." Annienal blushes feeling somewhat over armed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks at Em and whispers, "Whats do thou say, how weel do thou know this place?" "

"Avina, Canst we smuggle in some weapon?"

19510387124_06631a879f_t.jpg

"Not sure. It'd have to be something small...seems like sacrilege to you barbarian types, I know."

Em whispers back to Keliim, his voice low. "I don't know it, but we've got no choice. Maybe someone will have to stay outside, come in with our weapons if things heat up. Thoughts?"

19510387124_06631a879f_t.jpg

"Seems risky...there's no guarantee he'd even let us inside to handle it."

Mortimer's hand twitches a little. He seemed hesitant to give up his weapons, his hand touching Erdy's handcannon. "No problem," he mutters, making eye contact with the ogre. "I assume you'll make sure nothing happens to them while we're inside?"

15551083836_c4700330a1_t.jpg

"Of course."

"Can I give you my word that I will not draw this blade inside the building?" Annienal asks diplomatically. "Now that I look at it, I have a lot of weapons." Annienal blushes feeling somewhat over armed.

The ogre's eyes seemed to soften at the young elf's diplomatic tone, taking her other weapons and setting them down behind him.

15551083836_c4700330a1_t.jpg

"Fine, fine. Suppose a young lass like yourself wouldn't cause much ruckus anyhow..."

The bouncer looked over at the rest of the party. Avina held her hands up, evidently having been able to hide her dagger.

15551083836_c4700330a1_t.jpg

"Right, you're good too." The ogre looked over at Calamity, Mortimer, and Kellim. "You three have an issue with our policy, we can't let you in, sorry. Are you disarming or not?"

The three of them were left to sort out their weapons situation while Avina followed Annienal just inside.

20451706991_b3e315e433_b.jpg

Lady Luck's Locale was busier than ever considering it was only just in the afternoon. The air was very warm, and thick with stench of countless different forms of alcohol permeated the air, amongst other scents, which varied wildly in being better or worse. It was hard to keep track of what was going on, and the heroes could barely hear themselves think with all the chattering, drinking, and wenching going on.

19510387124_06631a879f_t.jpg

"I've never seen this place so busy...this complicates things." She pointed out the black-haired man with a drunken smile full of golden teeth, flanked on either side by an elf that looked ready to attack the other. "That's our man, but he looks busy, and that's on top of all of this noise. Seems like everyone's been drinking themselves silly...we ought to try and talk around and pinpoint any potential threats before trying to interrogate Goldjaw." Avina looked over the brothel calculatingly as if trying to play out a potential battle in her head. "If this goes sour, not only are we under-armed, but we'll be outnumbered by every sleazy drunk in the place. We'll be in a much better position if we know beforehand who's dangerous and who's not."

Edited by CallMePie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mortimer hands over his Handcannon, his Blazing Bow, Doppelganger, and Balanced Main-Gauche.

He nods to the bouncer, making his way inside. "Well then," he whispers to the heroes. "Let's figure something out."

He heads over to the man by the staircase, nodding in greeting. "What are you having tonight, fella?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ogre's eyes seemed to soften at the young elf's diplomatic tone, taking her other weapons and setting them down behind him.

15551083836_c4700330a1_t.jpg

"Fine, fine. Suppose a young lass like yourself wouldn't cause much ruckus anyhow..."

"Much appreciated, sir." Annienal replies, tipping her visor in gratitude before entering the establishment. She began to look around as her breathing escalated. She took a few deep breaths as Avina points out Goldjaw.

"The women around him don't seem to pleased." Annienal muses. "Anyone around her look familiar, Avina?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keliim says to Calamity, "I canst stay outside for now and check if someone of intrest tries to come out. Lassie leave thy visible weapons with me and go inside withst the others."

The big man nods again to the ogre and postitions himself on the otherside of the door, "Busy night?" He asks him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calamity hands her staff over to the ogre, and adds cheerfully: "One scratch, and you're pulp. Thanks!"

Inside, she walks up to the waitress:

"Could you get me a drink? What do you recommend?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mortimer hands over his Handcannon, his Blazing Bow, Doppelganger, and Balanced Main-Gauche.

He nods to the bouncer, making his way inside. "Well then," he whispers to the heroes. "Let's figure something out."

He heads over to the man by the staircase, nodding in greeting. "What are you having tonight, fella?"

The man was dressed similarly to a monk or a priest, but his crook looked more suited to bashing than to healing. One drained mug was left at his feet, but he swayed where he sat nonetheless. The gelatinous green phlegman next to him gave Mortimer an almost grateful, as the man seems to have been been mumbling about his life story for some time.

19831229444_aeffb0c3f3_t.jpg

"-it's...then...no, firs' I lost the job, and then we ran outta money. Thingsh're not looking good for us, so but she said, to me, she said, 'I believe in you', and just, just look- where'm at now, okay? Is this- does she, believed right, or-"

15408266980_ccfc057e7c_t.jpg

"Yep, it sure does, look, Big Red, a visitor."

19831229444_aeffb0c3f3_t.jpg

"Wha?" the cleric, 'Big Red', looked up at Mortimer. "Having Amethyst here tonight, she's, she listens, and she don't- there's no, it's not like..." the man closes his eyes blearily, then reaches for his drink before remembering it's empty. "...damn it...damn it all. Looksir. This is my annervashury, and I just, I just want to forget...no, I just want to drink, 'til it's tomorrow, and then it won't be. But Reg decided he needed the two elves, so I don't...have enough, to forget. Okay. That's....right?"

15408266980_ccfc057e7c_t.jpg

"...he's...usually not like this." Amethyst shrugged. "Usually more comprehensible. And less drunk. One of the more respectable patrons, that hangs around some other, less-than-respectable ones..."

"Much appreciated, sir." Annienal replies, tipping her visor in gratitude before entering the establishment. She began to look around as her breathing escalated. She took a few deep breaths as Avina points out Goldjaw.

"The women around him don't seem to pleased." Annienal muses. "Anyone around her look familiar, Avina?"

19510387124_06631a879f_t.jpg

"A few of the working girls. That leprechaun's always here far as I can tell. I think the wererabbit working the bar is in charge when the madame isn't around...which she usually isn't, at first."

Keliim says to Calamity, "I canst stay outside for now and check if someone of intrest tries to come out. Lassie leave thy visible weapons with me and go inside withst the others."

The big man nods again to the ogre and postitions himself on the otherside of the door, "Busy night?" He asks him.

The ogre gave Kellim a weary look.

15551083836_c4700330a1_t.jpg

"You have no idea. Dealing with those Wolfgangers is a job in itself when they decide to come around. Funny though, they weren't in such high spirits when they came in. I've seen a lot of depressed men come through here lad, but I've never seen the wind taken out of Reg's sail like that."

Inside, she walks up to the waitress:

"Could you get me a drink? What do you recommend?"

20267229469_e6ac7a2fdc_t.jpg

"Mmm?" The redheaded fairy turned while precariously balancing a few empty glasses and one full bottle of wine on her tray. "Sorry, you'll have to talk to Diamond down there if you want to order something. If you do, though, I'd suggest the Mountain's Punch, or maybe a Gold Dragon, or the Miracolada. Normally I'd suggest the Doom's Daquiri, but, um, it shaves years off your life, and I hear humans don't actually have that many."

Edited by CallMePie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ogre gave Kellim a weary look.

15551083836_c4700330a1_t.jpg

"You have no idea. Dealing with those Wolfgangers is a job in itself when they decide to come around. Funny though, they weren't in such high spirits when they came in. I've seen a lot of depressed men come through here lad, but I've never seen the wind taken out of Reg's sail like that."

Keliim kept his cool and seemed like he had never heard of these men before as the ogre mentioned about Reg. He though, "hey it seems that it was a great idea to stay outside afterall."

"So I keep hearin' `bout those Wolfganger everywhere one goes, they usually hang around here? Is this Reg was it?, the leader or somethang? What didst thou mean ´bout they weren´t in such a high spirts, didst thou overhear If something habt happened to them?" The big man rolls his axe around nonchalant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The man was dressed similarly to a monk or a priest, but his crook looked more suited to bashing than to healing. One drained mug was left at his feet, but he swayed where he sat nonetheless. The gelatinous green phlegman next to him gave Mortimer an almost grateful, as the man seems to have been been mumbling about his life story for some time.

19831229444_aeffb0c3f3_t.jpg

"-it's...then...no, firs' I lost the job, and then we ran outta money. Thingsh're not looking good for us, so but she said, to me, she said, 'I believe in you', and just, just look- where'm at now, okay? Is this- does she, believed right, or-"

15408266980_ccfc057e7c_t.jpg

"Yep, it sure does, look, Big Red, a visitor."

19831229444_aeffb0c3f3_t.jpg

"Wha?" the cleric, 'Big Red', looked up at Mortimer. "Having Amethyst here tonight, she's, she listens, and she don't- there's no, it's not like..." the man closes his eyes blearily, then reaches for his drink before remembering it's empty. "...damn it...damn it all. Looksir. This is my annervashury, and I just, I just want to forget...no, I just want to drink, 'til it's tomorrow, and then it won't be. But Reg decided he needed the two elves, so I don't...have enough, to forget. Okay. That's....right?"

15408266980_ccfc057e7c_t.jpg

"...he's...usually not like this." Amethyst shrugged. "Usually more comprehensible. And less drunk. One of the more respectable patrons, that hangs around some other, less-than-respectable ones..."

Mortimer nods, a frown tugging at his mouth as he glances around the blurry bar with his good eye. "Poor lad. Who's he hang around with that's less-than-respectable?-- You want another drink, Big Red? It's all a friend can offer."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Annienal nods at Avina's response and makes her way up the bar and toward the wererabbit, squeezing between the two patrons.

"Um, hi. Okay, um, what do you have to drink?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calamity thanks the waitress, and slides down the stairs, where she gets the attention of the bartender.

"Heya, Can I have a Miracolada, please. Also, are you girls all named after precious gems?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Keliim was waiting for an answer he also looked around the street if there would be anything of interest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, I swear I updated yesterday...

"So I keep hearin' `bout those Wolfganger everywhere one goes, they usually hang around here? Is this Reg was it?, the leader or somethang? What didst thou mean ´bout they weren´t in such a high spirts, didst thou overhear If something habt happened to them?" The big man rolls his axe around nonchalant.

15551083836_c4700330a1_t.jpg

"That's him. It sure sounded like it, but I'll tell you what, they were probably asking for it, whatever it was."

The ogre scratched his arm.

"Look, you seem like a decent man, just try and be discreet about your weapons and you can go on in. I don't mind heroes, meself."

Mortimer nods, a frown tugging at his mouth as he glances around the blurry bar with his good eye. "Poor lad. Who's he hang around with that's less-than-respectable?-- You want another drink, Big Red? It's all a friend can offer."

15408266980_ccfc057e7c_t.jpg

"That Goldjaw fellow over there."

19831229444_aeffb0c3f3_t.jpg

"Nah, no...no good getting piss drunk...it'll just...make every...last damn thing my daughter said about me and m'friends true..." Red sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Plus it ain't much becoming of a cleric to be drinkin' like this. What if somefin happens and I gotta be healin' my pals over there? I'm fine, but...thanks, friend, really."

Annienal nods at Avina's response and makes her way up the bar and toward the wererabbit, squeezing between the two patrons.

"Um, hi. Okay, um, what do you have to drink?"

The man Annienal squeezed past fell out of his chair.

19874605253_907cc51b30_t.jpg

"SHEHASASWORDSHE'SGONNAKILLME!"

20501830591_2807bd7565_t.jpg

"Briar, please, calm down for two seconds?!"

The werebunny at the bar looked incredibly stressed out at how busy the Locale was at the moment and wiping up Briar's spilled drink off the counter.

15593877755_3ce091e565_t.jpg

"What? Sure, here's out menu."

She passed Annienal a small list of drinks.

Lady Luck's Locale

19874324423_3196b65acc_t.jpgMountain's Punch (Gives the drinker the lucky and inspired effects, as well as all the job traits of a Barbarian Chieftain for the duration of one battle) - 50 gold

20486454452_875c4de703_t.jpgMiracolada (Gives the drinker the blessed effect, as well as the job traits of a High Cleric for the duration of one battle) - 30 gold

19874324553_2ace73fd63_t.jpgGold Dragon (Gives the drinker the job traits of a Guardian Knight for the duration of one battle) - 20 gold

heroica-mead.jpgMead (Gives the drinker the encouraged-effect for the duration of one battle) - 10 gold

Calamity thanks the waitress, and slides down the stairs, where she gets the attention of the bartender.

"Heya, Can I have a Miracolada, please. Also, are you girls all named after precious gems?"

15593877755_3ce091e565_t.jpg

"That'll be 30 gold. And yes, that's the idea. I'm Diamond, for example."

20501830591_2807bd7565_t.jpg

"While I am Aquamarine!"

15593877755_3ce091e565_t.jpg

"There's typically nine of us at any given time."

Edited by CallMePie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The man Annienal squeezed past fell out of his chair.

19874605253_907cc51b30_t.jpg

"SHEHASASWORDSHE'SGONNAKILLME!"

20501830591_2807bd7565_t.jpg

"Briar, please, calm down for two seconds?!"

The werebunny at the bar looked incredibly stressed out at how busy the Locale was at the moment and wiping up Briar's spilled drink off the counter.

Annienal jumped slightly at Briar's reaction. She attempted to help Briar up and brush him.

"I'm, um, so sorry! Please, um, let me help you up!" She glanced at the drinks, but seemed more interested in Briar. She does however point at the Golden Dragon and places down 20 gold, leaving her penniless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mortimer rubs a hand across his chin, frowning at Big Red and raising an eyebrow at Amethyst. "Your daughter? What exactly did she say about you? It doesn't sound like you're in good sorts, friend."

Edited by Emjajoas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Annienal jumped slightly at Briar's reaction. She attempted to help Briar up and brush him.

"I'm, um, so sorry! Please, um, let me help you up!" She glanced at the drinks, but seemed more interested in Briar. She does however point at the Golden Dragon and places down 20 gold, leaving her penniless.

Aquamarine helped grab Briar's arm and lug him to his feet. The man's eye was twitching slightly but otherwise he didn't respond immediately. Diamond gave him a disapproving head shake and proceeded to mix Annienal a Gold Dragon.

20501830591_2807bd7565_t.jpg

"Er, sorry. He's usually much, gentler, or at least, much less nervous- "

15593877755_3ce091e565_t.jpg

"It's because she's a hero, Aqua." The wererabbit sighs exasperatedly. "Seriously, you need to watch for the signs. Armor, check. Weapon, check. Mismatched companions, check. Goes straight for the bar, check."

20501830591_2807bd7565_t.jpg

"Wait, really? Is that true, miss?"

Mortimer rubs a hand across his chin, frowning at Big Red and raising an eyebrow at Amethyst. "Your daughter? What exactly did she say about you? It doesn't sound like you're in good sorts, friend."

19831229444_aeffb0c3f3_t.jpg

"Oh, it's...nothing, it's, it's like, she's just...." Red mumbles something under his breath. "...like her...damn mother....oh, she doesn't understand, she don't know what things are like out there, yaknow? With the, the muggings, and the violence, and just...damn this city. The Wolves take care of their own but she won't have it no more. With her writing and her...ugh. I told her, that's how Reg ended up here, on the streets."

15408266980_ccfc057e7c_t.jpg

"...he lost his wife to this city, now he thinks he'll lose his daughter to it, too. Wouldn't be the first story like this I've heard. Don't worry about him sir, Big Red's strictly a healer, he doesn't get violent or anything. Can't say the same about his boss over there." Amethyst gave Reg Goldjaw a beady look across the room.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mortimer nods, patting a gentle hand on the hooded man's shoulder. "Thank you. You take care, Big Red."

He nods a farewell towards Amethyst before continuing up the stairs to approach the woman with the hood and the bandaged humanoid with the hat.

Edited by Emjajoas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He nods a farewell towards Amethyst before continuing up the stairs to approach the woman with the hood and the bandaged humanoid with the hat.

Mortimer could hear the hooded woman snickering distinctly as he approached.

19880952753_3d035eefd4_t.jpg

"Here he comes now, just one eye down-"

19879196284_870dc8a030_t.jpg

"Why did you just have to come over here."

19880952753_3d035eefd4_t.jpg

"-but at least he can wear a frown!"

19879196284_870dc8a030_t.jpg

"You ought to stick to music, Val, my dear."

19880952753_3d035eefd4_t.jpg

"I'm a Helsinger, not a Helsongstress. We've been over this before, Caede dearest."

19879196284_870dc8a030_t.jpg

"That didn't rhyme."

19880952753_3d035eefd4_t.jpg

"That wasn't in pentameter."

19879196284_870dc8a030_t.jpg

"...What did you need from us, my half-blind friend?"

Edited by CallMePie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Em makes a conscious effort to keep from glaring. He jerks his thumb towards the bar with an exaggerated shrug, the plates of his armour clanking as they rose and fell.

"Bar's the best place to hear stories," he starts. "You two look like you've got a few. What's a Helsinger, though?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OoC: So I guess Keliim could take his own weapons inside but not the other heroes weapons?

15551083836_c4700330a1_t.jpg

"That's him. It sure sounded like it, but I'll tell you what, they were probably asking for it, whatever it was."

The ogre scratched his arm.

"Look, you seem like a decent man, just try and be discreet about your weapons and you can go on in. I don't mind heroes, meself."

Keliim nods his head and makes a gesture with his hand from his forehead to the ogre as he walks into the Locale.

"Thanks, I knew thou be a great fellow. I willst jist tak' a drink at th' tavern and relax. One question, do thou remember how many art part of this Reg's gang?"

As he walks into the place where the others are he can see that atmosphere this evening was more wild than when he was here the last time.

"He hey, I choose tae play drunk in th' wrang place it seems." He says to himself, laughing and walks over to the bar.

He looks over the list of drinks that Annie has,

Lady Luck's Locale

19874324423_3196b65acc_t.jpgMountain's Punch (Gives the drinker the lucky and inspired effects, as well as all the job traits of a Barbarian Chieftain for the duration of one battle) - 50 gold

20486454452_875c4de703_t.jpgMiracolada (Gives the drinker the blessed effect, as well as the job traits of a High Cleric for the duration of one battle) - 30 gold

19874324553_2ace73fd63_t.jpgGold Dragon (Gives the drinker the job traits of a Guardian Knight for the duration of one battle) - 20 gold

heroica-mead.jpgMead (Gives the drinker the encouraged-effect for the duration of one battle) - 10 gold

"Dha' mountain punch looks good but nathin' wins mead."

"Heyo Annie, didst I miss something? He whispers to her.He first listens to her and then continues:

"Heelloo there ladies!" The big man says to the waitresses and smiles then looks through the list of drinks, again. "Hist this all drinks thy got? What be the best drink thy got to get really drunk and knockout?"

Edited by Mencot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aquamarine helped grab Briar's arm and lug him to his feet. The man's eye was twitching slightly but otherwise he didn't respond immediately. Diamond gave him a disapproving head shake and proceeded to mix Annienal a Gold Dragon.

20501830591_2807bd7565_t.jpg

"Er, sorry. He's usually much, gentler, or at least, much less nervous- "

15593877755_3ce091e565_t.jpg

"It's because she's a hero, Aqua." The wererabbit sighs exasperatedly. "Seriously, you need to watch for the signs. Armor, check. Weapon, check. Mismatched companions, check. Goes straight for the bar, check."

20501830591_2807bd7565_t.jpg

"Wait, really? Is that true, miss?"

Annienal shifted uncomfortably.

"Um... yes? I mean, I don't really want to get anyone hurt, I'm just here to cool off, you know? I'm trying to stay out of a fight. Anyone around here I should stay away from if I don't want to get into a fight?" Annienal asked the girls, grabbing her drink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calamity pays, and heads up to the angry redhead upstairs.

"What has gotten your knickers in a twist? And why isn't it one of these girls?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.