CMP

Heroica RPG - Quest #140: Requiem for a Machine

After the zombie had pushed Keliim into Em, he thinks "whoa, what punch in that corpse. Alright, that didn´t work so well!" He "sobers" up, stands up straight and puts the booze back into his pack, takes a more serious stance. He still looks at the two freakshows, especially Lieutenant Emelia, how can she be part of the townwatch. But Keliim decided not to concentrate on that, although he didn´t trust the two.

He says to Emelia with a smile, "Thou be pretty strong for a walkin dead! How long thou been with the townwatch?"

The big man turns to Gontzo and nods "I apologize for that, it seems that thou habt suffered much and as my fellows told thy, we art here to find out who and why? Thou wouldst not habt to suffer any more." He looks again at the townwatch but continues to talk to Gontzo. "Whats didst the intruder look like, didst it/they say or talk?"

Edited by Mencot

Ooc: sorry for double post. Moblie messed up.

Edited by Mencot

Annienal quickly pockets the topaz. She feels somewhat bad for doing it, but this thug slug seemed like a dishonest individual. Stealing off of someone who probably stole this item felt rather ironic. She then inspects the items on the shelf, looking to identify the different liquids.

The bottles appeared to be a Potion, a Tonic, and a Venom.

He says to Emelia with a smile, "Thou be pretty strong for a walkin dead! How long thou been with the townwatch?"

20138565711_c253c99fbd_t.jpg

"Well, I died in service to them..."

19512039713_ce7d62c389_t.jpg

"Emelia not really part of Town Watch anymore. Not like Grash is."

"Well, they didn't exactly have the chance to fire me, did they? I was one of the earliest infiltrators, even if I'm dead they probably don't want my skills going to waste."

"Probably being key word."

The big man turns to Gontzo and nods "I apologize for that, it seems that thou habt suffered much and as my fellows told thy, we art here to find out who and why? Thou wouldst not habt to suffer any more." He looks again at the townwatch but continues to talk to Gontzo. "Whats didst the intruder look like, didst it/they say or talk?"

"I've dealt with vigilantes before," Mortimer nods, his thoughts drifting to his early days as a hero. "I can deal with them again."

He turns to Gontzo. "How many were there? Did they leave anything behind? Better yet, were they only interested in you?"

The thug slug rolls his eyes.

19510382634_30185ab423_t.jpg

"Mota mota mota...koda echuda locata keecho. Anoka oshuda calee boto..."

" 'Questions questions questions...those three machines didn't stop for any of those, at least. Let me just tell you the whole story...' "

Gontzo starts talking in his own language to Grash for the orc to translate. Avina lowers her voice again.

19510387124_06631a879f_t.jpg

"Be wary, it wouldn't surprise me if this slug was lying to our faces. Take note of what he's said so far, and see if there are any inconsistencies in his story we can use to put the squeeze on him..."

"Okay, Grash has full story from Gontzo. Supposedly.

'I had been visiting the Marketplace in the afternoon. Very busy as I'm sure you can guess, there were many witnesses who can confirm this, a slug of my stature has a tendency to stand out. I was shopping around for a few mixtures at Priscilla's Potions. I was chatting with the lovely proprietress about the prices of Neutralizers or something or other while I picked up some Elxiirs. After paying - the full asking price, I assure you, good heroes - I decided to make my way home, as the sun had set quicker than I expected.

I must've taken a wrong turn at the Antiquary on the route back here to my house when I slid into a rather dark alleyway. My eyes strained, but I could hardly make out the details. I did manage to discern a group of figures, no less than four to be sure, and all of them were advancing on my with some sort of lights blinking all over them. They were armed, clearly, so I was forced to - understandably - open fire on them with my crossbow, which I had the foresight to bring with me.

I must have hit one of them somewhere where it hurt, as it began spitting sparks and distracting the others, long enough for me to escape, luckily enough. I fled the dastardly muggers and came home as quick as I could, locking the door behind me. Assuming I was safe, I put away my purchase, which you can clearly see on this shelf here. But the machines managed to force their way in through my door. They never touched me, but instead fired blinding lights and some sort of fiery...beams at me. Before I knew it, I was knocked out.'

Certainly breaking in would explain the noises the neighbors reported later that night to the passing guardsman. What do heroes think of the story?"

"I don't see any elixirs there, but nevermind that. As far as you know, is the one you shot still there, or did it recover? Also, did the assailants take anything or do anything else other than knock you out? Also, how did it feel?" Calamity is very interest in a beam that knocks people out, now that, could come in handy.

"I don't see any elixirs there, but nevermind that. As far as you know, is the one you shot still there, or did it recover? Also, did the assailants take anything or do anything else other than knock you out? Also, how did it feel?" Calamity is very interest in a beam that knocks people out, now that, could come in handy.

"Uh, choy?..."

"Hang on, the girl's right. There's no Elixirs here." The lieutenant narrowed her eyes a bit at Gontzo.

Gontzo blinked, shaking his bulbous head somehow and mumbling something to Grash, who translated:

" 'It didn't seem to do any permanent damage, because it came back with the other three in the attack on my home. The home assault. As I am the victim, might I remind you. They didn't take anything or do anything else. It, well...hurt. I couldn't see anything for a long while, the lights...blinded me.' "

Edited by CallMePie

Mortimer raps his fist against his chestplate, his eye trained between Gontzo's. "Did you not say you were beaten and pummeled in your own home? How could that be if they didn't touch you? You also mentioned that you didn't lift a finger against them, but if you had your crossbow and fired..."

"So did they knock you out or blind you?" Calamity asks, struggling to keep herself from poking the bulbous mass of Gontzo's body with her staff.

After paying - the full asking price, I assure you, good heroes - I decided to make my way home, as the sun had set quicker than I expected.

I must've taken a wrong turn at the Antiquary on the route back here to my house when I slid into a rather dark alleyway.

Annienal furrows her brow and pulls out a map of the city.

"Um...

. You claim to have begun to walk home after your suspicious trip to the market. However, that's impossible considering the Antiquary is to the city's east, in the Crescent Hill District, while you live to the west in the Way's End District.

What were you doing out near the Antiquary?"

"Well, I died in service to them..."

"Emelia not really part of Town Watch anymore. Not like Grash is."

"Well, they didn't exactly have the chance to fire me, did they? I was one of the earliest infiltrators, even if I'm dead they probably don't want my skills going to waste."

Keliim nods, "Intresting, we will habt to talk 'bout this later".

"Um...

. You claim to have begun to walk home after your suspicious trip to the market. However, that's impossible considering the Antiquary is to the city's east, in the Crescent Hill District, while you live to the west in the Way's End District.

Keliim smiled at this question and looked at the thug slug that would probably soon nervously shake and crack. The big man looked Gontzo firmly in the eyes and its face, looking for some hesitation and the start of sweat drops. He tapped with his right foot to the ground in beat with his axe hilt. Then he asked him,

"Lets take this from the beginnin, what exactly where thou doing before thou were "assulted?" Keliim looks around the room and asks "Where be thy crossbow now we wouldst like to look at it and how many shoots didst thy fire, exactly?" He continues to look at him.

The big man smiles and says in sarcastic and humorous tone, "I beat thy wouldst now considered it to been a better option to take my fine bottle of whiskey and gotten drunk!"

Edited by Mencot

"Lets take this from the beginnin, what exactly where thou doing before thou were "assulted?" Keliim looks around the room and asks "Where be thy crossbow now we wouldst like to look at it and how many shoots didst thy fire, exactly?" He continues to look at him.

The big man smiles and says in sarcastic and humorous tone, "I beat thy wouldst now considered it to been a better option to take my fine bottle of whiskey and gotten drunk!"

"Um... Kellim, how many shots he fired isn't important since he never stated how many shots he fired to begin with. We only know he managed to hit one of his targets severely, and that there were no less than four targets. He could've shot less than four bolts and still be logically correct.

Although, you do, um, raise a good point about the crossbow..."

Edited by Kintobor

"Um... Kellim, how many shots he fired isn't important since he never stated how many shots he fired to begin with. We only know he managed to hit one of his targets severely, and that there were no less than four targets. He could've shot less than four bolts and still be logically correct.

Although, you do, um, raise a good point about the crossbow..."

keliim whispers to Annie,

"Thou be probaly right, that doesn´t really matter right now. Was just intrested to hear, what we art up against, did it fall from just one bolt or how many did he shoot.

Wouldst think the fat slug wouldst not be able to fire many bolts with a regular crossbow in that time he were attackd.... If he doesn´t have some kind of rapid firing bow, that is."

"But the most important now is that he was caught contradicting himself and thy question Annie, He needs to be really careful with his answer for it... That the next thing he say is," Keliim looks at Gontzo "definitely the Truth!"

Edited by Mencot

Mortimer raps his fist against his chestplate, his eye trained between Gontzo's. "Did you not say you were beaten and pummeled in your own home? How could that be if they didn't touch you? You also mentioned that you didn't lift a finger against them, but if you had your crossbow and fired..."

"He did say both of those things. Lights and lasers aren't exactly 'pummeling', and it seems like you provoked them well enough."

Annienal furrows her brow and pulls out a map of the city.

"Um...

Grash looks over Annie's shoulder at the map.

"Hmm. Elf lady is right. Antiquary nowhere near the route back to Gontzo's house."

"So did they knock you out or blind you?" Calamity asks, struggling to keep herself from poking the bulbous mass of Gontzo's body with her staff.

Gontzo starts blubbering something loudly and feverishly in his own language. Grash translates again.

" 'I woke up and I was blinded! Really! That part isn't a lie!' "

Keliim smiled at this question and looked at the thug slug that would probably soon nervously shake and crack. The big man looked Gontzo firmly in the eyes and its face, looking for some hesitation and the start of sweat drops. He tapped with his right foot to the ground in beat with his axe hilt. Then he asked him,

" 'I was buying Elixirs, I already told you! I didn't look to see how many I was firing, honest. I think I'd like to hold onto my crossbow, obviously you people have no intention of protecting me should I be attacked again...interrogating the victim....' "

Avina leans against the wall, crossing her arms and quite intently watching the heroes work. Gontzo wiped some mucus-laced sweat off the back of his bulbous head...or maybe it was somewhere near where his neck should be. In either case, the thug slug was obviously very on-edge. It wouldn't take much more for him to snap. Clearly the heroes poking holes in his story was getting to him...

"Nal kon chuba, mochua plinke robasca kachula,-?..." Gontzo trails off quietly.

" 'Are you done here, or did you want to continue interrogating the traumatized victim?' "

Edited by CallMePie

Keliim watched the slug sweat like a pig, he will crack soon. Keliim had a feeling to scream out "Cut th' guff ye fat basterd!" But he holds his tongue and says,

""Traumatized victim", "Elixirs" HA! Cut it and Relax Gontzo, we be just intrested to know who and what attacked thou? Keliim takes a sec and looks at the others and then back on the slug.

"Thou didn´t answer the lady here, what were thou doin near th` Antiquary, when it isn´t near thy home, pretty longeth shortcut home from the marketplace, don´t thou think?

The big man turns to Avina and says "Do thou know somethin moor ´bout this guy, we canst press him with?"

"What were they armed with, exactly?" Mortimer mutters, more to himself than Gontzo.

His chin suddenly shoots upwards, glaring at the slug. "And who's Priscilla? Were you not at Portia's Potion Shack?"

Annienal watches as the others continue, thinking over Gontzo's statement for any more loopholes or contradictions.

Edited by Kintobor

His chin suddenly shoots upwards, glaring at the slug. "And who's Priscilla? Were you not at Portia's Potion Shack?"

Keliim looks at Em and then back to Gontzo and smiles, thinking, "Yea, who be this?"

Edited by Mencot

Sorry for the delay, was a bit busy yesterday. But you solved the optional puzzle so yay. :laugh:

"What were they armed with, exactly?" Mortimer mutters, more to himself than Gontzo.

"Erhhh....."

"Yeah, that's right. The potion shop lady is Portia, not Priscilla...none of this adds up, Gontzo."

The guardsmen looked to be on-edge now, gripping their weapons intently and staring down the enormous thug slug. Gontzo flashed the heroes a cold glare - and at once the slug reached a stubby arm down to his side, a crossbow bobbing up into view.

For a moment it seemed as though the scoundrel would attack - but on-edge now, the guardsmen quickly rushed the markslug. Emelia disarmed his crossbow with ease, while Grash was quickly to snap some shackles on the other wrist. The heroes gained experience!

"Keepuna...echuta, dopa maskey, stoopa wakamancha kung!!"

" 'Victim'. Gontzo almost had Grash..."

"You have our thanks for seeing through this charade, heroes. But why the lies, Gontzo? While inaccurate, the details of the attack were...mostly similar to what we've seen before."

The thug slug wriggled uselessly in place, grumbling something to Grash as the orc shackled him. Avina, still leaning against a nearby wall out of sight, stood up again.

"Gontzo's crimes worse than we feared.

'Ugh, you stupid...-' Grash does not feel comfortable translating this part. '- heroes, you just had to stick your obnoxious noses in every little corner, didn't you? Times have been tough, do you think this house pays for itself? I was appropriating some - unneeded! - surplus from the damn potion lady....except I was spotted by one of these idiot guards, and he chased me around half the city. I thought I lost him, but when I got back to my place it seemed he'd managed to track me down. So I disposed of the issue, and-' "

"You MURDERED one of our guardsmen?"

The thug slug blubbered something almost incomprehensibly quick.

" 'There was no-' "

"Don't bother translating that, Grash...we're taking this vermin back to lock-up."

"So you're saying this has been a complete waste of our time?"

"Excuse Grash, but Grash was ABOUT to say, Gontzo spilling beans left and right...

'There was no way to get out of it, so I did what I had to! Except he was too damn loud when I was hiding the body, the neighbors must've heard and- but wait, I can give you more, I can be cooperative! I heard about these attacks from my pal Reg, he says he and his new gang the Sewer Wolves got hit by the machines a while back. He told me all about it while we were out drinking, he's- he loves that places down in the Hovels, Lady Luck's Locale, that's the one. You can find him there, I swear, I swear, he almost never leaves the place these days!' "

Keliim watched the slug sweat like a pig, he will crack soon. Keliim had a feeling to scream out "Cut th' guff ye fat basterd!" But he holds his tongue and says,

""Traumatized victim", "Elixirs" HA! Cut it and Relax Gontzo, we be just intrested to know who and what attacked thou? Keliim takes a sec and looks at the others and then back on the slug.

"Thou didn´t answer the lady here, what were thou doin near th` Antiquary, when it isn´t near thy home, pretty longeth shortcut home from the marketplace, don´t thou think?

" 'I spent all night coming up with a decent cover...how was I supposed to know where the place is, who visits the antiquary anymore these days anyway?! There weren't any machines, but my buddy Reg seemed to know plenty about them, he said he and his pals were out drinking hard one night, and the 'bots took all of them out.' "

Edited by CallMePie

Mortimer glares at the slug, scorn clouding his good eye. "Good work," he nods. "Sorry to hear about the guardsman."

He turns to the party, angling his head towards the door. "Let's move on. The Lady Luck's Locale, was it? You know of it, Avina?"

Annienal grins and blushes. She felt somewhat proud of herself calling out a criminal, and she felt somewhat more assured in her theft of the shiny gem in her pouch. She takes a moment to write down the establishment name.

"I'm ready to head out whenever you guys are. Pleasure to be of assistance, Lieutenant, Constable." Annienal bows to the two Watchmen.

Edited by Kintobor

Keliim feelt good about this, we nail'd a lowlife without violence and he will get a sentenced for his crime... hopefuly. This was a good start for the oath of doing good and gettin the scum from harming the innocent. But back to the quest,

'There was no way to get out of it, so I did what I had to! Except he was too damn loud when I was hiding the body, the neighbors must've heard and- but wait, I can give you more, I can be cooperative! I heard about these attacks from my pal Reg, he says he and his new gang the Sewer Wolves got hit by the machines a while back. He told me all about it while we were out drinking, he's- he loves that places down in the Hovels, Lady Luck's Locale, that's the one. You can find him there, I swear, I swear, he almost never leaves the place these days!' "

But hunting down more scum was good and bad and returning to the tavern in the Hovels wasn´t what he would had liked right now. Because what would prevent him from bashing up the next thug he would meet there. But keliim was a ambitious so he would do anything for the success of the quest.

Keliim looks at the others, especially Em and Avina and says,

"I habt been to the Lady lucks a few times." and I am also ready to continue to hunt this Reg down to see what he knows ."

Then he turns Emilia and asks her, "I apologize for me behaviour earlier but it felt as a great idea to get ride of thy two, because I didn´t think thou were part of Town watch. Don´t take this wrong but thou habt to be a pretty good infiltrator when they habt kept thou around after thy death? Habt thou been one a long time?

Edited by Mencot

Then he turns Emilia and asks her, "I apologize for me behaviour earlier but it felt as a great idea to get ride of thy two, because I didn´t think thou were part of Town watch. Don´t take this wrong but thou habt to be a pretty good infiltrator when they habt kept thou around after thy death? Habt thou been one a long time?

"It's been...gods, seventy, eighty years now? Since I died, I mean, I only came back two years ago. They didn't keep me around. I'm...not sure they'd even accept me, but I'm not letting my skills go to waste. So I've been helping Grash here do his investigating. I'm starting to think we'll leave this one to Heroica, though."

"I'm ready to head out whenever you guys are. Pleasure to be of assistance, Lieutenant, Constable." Annienal bows to the two Watchmen.

"Grash thanks pretty elf for help. Grash not so sure about Heroica after brother Gnash died helping them. Captain not even tell Grash what Gnash was doing. But Grash thinks heroes not so bad now."

Mortimer glares at the slug, scorn clouding his good eye. "Good work," he nods. "Sorry to hear about the guardsman."

"Don't worry. He'll be serving plenty of time for this. Thug slugs are pretty long-lived too, might even get triple or quadruple sentence..."

"Echuta..." Gontzo continued mutter expletives under his breath and wriggling in his shackles uselessly. Eventually his slimy fedora fell off his head. He reached his stubby arms down for it, but Grash snatched it up first.

"Grash not think so, Gontzo doesn't need extra strength in prison. Take this, heroes. Gontzo will not need it."

20133020435_4f42806b72_t.jpgWolfish Fedora (+5 WP for each standing hero with Wolfgang reputation and Wolfgang NPC in the party, headwear, suitable for heroes with Wolfgang reputation)

Gontzo glares at Grash, grumbling something under his breath. The orc frowns and furrows his brow, translating one last time for the slug:

" 'Say hello to ma for me?' "

He turns to the party, angling his head towards the door. "Let's move on. The Lady Luck's Locale, was it? You know of it, Avina?"

"Actually, yes. Hid out there a year ago while I was being hunted by one of the bloody Pilgrims. Halloween party. I was sitting right next to him and he didn't take so much as a glance at me." Mortimer can't see Avina smirk, but he can practically hear it in her voice. "It's a dump in my opinion, but I'm told there's more history there than it appears."

The party departs Gontzo's house, leaving the Town Watchmen to deal with the thug slug, heading dead east towards the Hovels. Avina rubs her chin.

"You handled that worm well. I wasn't exactly expecting him to give in so easily...at least, I thought it would be coming to blows. I just hope you know you can't talk down everyone. A precise application of force can be just as if not more effective. But I suppose you have an image to maintain..."

Keliim looks at the others, especially Em and Avina and says,

"I habt been to the Lady lucks a few times." and I am also ready to continue to hunt this Reg down to see what he knows ."

"Really? Then hopefully you'll know your way around the place. The proprietress can be...difficult. Unfortunate. We've tried contacting her several times, she was one of the best information dealers in the business back in the days of the original Veterans. Or so I hear." She flicks through her ever-present folder again, and presents the party with another page. "Now, here's what we have on Reg."

19801107613_1cdd6e2ba2_o.jpg

As the party read over the report, they noticed they had passed through the Hovels gate. The sun was still high in the sky, and they passed a considerably variety of beggars out in the middle of the day. Noticeably, none of them seemed to confront the party. It looked as though the face of the Crimson Crown was known enough to make them wary of Avina and the party. The alchemist didn't seem to take any notice as the party reached a tall, surprisingly intact building. It was old, outdated, antiquated, and yet it still was one of the most cohesive-looking buildings in the Hovels, decorated with moth-eaten red draperies around the outside.

15388652068_6055df17cc_z.jpg

"Seems like he's got some history with your organization. He'd better be in a cooperative mood...and he better have some information for us, or we'll have to think- think of-"

Avina trailed off as the party reached the front door, guarded by an...eccentric-looking bouncer.

14954626483_3102970e57_z.jpg

15551083836_c4700330a1_t.jpg

"...." The ogre crossed his arms over his burly chest. "What's your business here, heroes?" he questioned demandingly. Apparently he'd had experience with them before, too.

Party

a126cabc798a9ad470820a8d617b5d8c.png

Mortimer "Em" Mahzan (Emjajoas)

Unknown age human male Warden *Immune to Electricity, Fire, Water, and Ice* *Half damage from elemental attacks* *Party Leader*

Level 25

Power Bonus: 5

Defense: 28

Health: 45/45

Gold: 304

Equipment: Tritech Handcannon (WP:16, permanent poisoned 17, cursed), Vigilant (SP 12, halved damage from elemental attacks, immune to Electricity, Fire, and Water; shield), Iron Knuckle Armour (Body, foot, and hand wear. Counts as one artefact. Usable by knights and dragoons. SP: 10. Cannot be removed by enemies), Anniversary Medal (Artefact/Accessory, Power +3, SP +3, Max. Health +3, Max. Ether +3. The values will increase by 1 with each passing year), Frost Helm (SP: 3, immune to ice, suitable for anyone, headwear)

Inventory:

Weapons: Blazing Bow (WP: 14, Fire-elemental), Doppelganger (WP:10, Retribution: The user inflicts any negative effects he or she has on the target enemy on successful hits; longsword), Balanced Main-Gauce (WP: 10, Riposte has a 1/6 chance of instantly killing the/each target, dagger, suitable only for marauders), Crescent Shield (SP: 5, halved damage from elemental attacks, shield), Carpenter's Gloves (Enhancement is automatically successful, traps deal double damage, handwear, suitable for artisans)

Consumables: Health Core x5, Potion, Remedy, Mead, Venom, Phoenix Esssence (3), Ambrosia (4), Mulled Wine (2), Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used.), Nostrum, Smelling Salts, Elixir, Bone, Smoke Bomb (5), Floral Bomb (2), Ice Bomb (2), Lightning Bomb (2), Fire Bomb, Water Bomb (2), Holy Bomb (2), Dirt Bomb (2), Air Bomb (2), Chaotic Bomb (100 random elemental damage to all opponents)

Misc: Bedroll (2), Shovel, Pickaxe, Telescope, Reaper's Heart, Mythril Shard (1), Amethyst, 5 Silver Ore (Worth 60 gold), Oath of Renewal (When the targeted enemy is killed, the Vindicator regains full health. Oath, suitable for vindicators)

18717533121_e5362cca03_t.jpg

Annienal Anavir (Kintobor)

"19" year old elven female Mystic Knight *Bonaparte Reputation* *Immunity to Earth and Fragile* *Takes half damage from elemental attacks*

Level 16

Power Bonus: 0

Defense: 10

Health: 31/31

Ether: 20/20

Gold: 20

Equipment: Bonaparte Cutlass (WP:9, doubled if the user has reputation among the Bonapartes; longsword), Crescent Shield (SP: 5, Halved Damage from elemental attacks; shield),

Heavy Armour (SP: 5, immunity to fragile, body wear, suitable for barbarians, knights, dragoons, skirmishers, regulators, and vindicators), Locustoid Greaves (Max Ether +4, immune to Earth, suitable to ether users, hand wear)

Inventory: Ammit (WP: 6; greatsword, user gains 5 ether for every kill), Anointed Gladius (WP: 8, deals damage undead; great sword) Wicked Javelin (WP: 7, throwing weapon, retrievable, 1/6 chance to slow), Sanctified Rito Longsword (WP: 4, Hits doubled against flying enemies, longsword), Training Sword (WP:4), Shark’s Tooth (Power increased by 5 against Aquatics, Accessory), Tridentian Cape (Max Ether +3; protects from Blinded effect; suitable for mages, clerics, necromancers and scholars; backwear), Lethauros Fellwings (SP: 3, wearer is immune to Sudden Death, backwear), Tobacco Pouch (1/2 Chance of Blinding with attacks, accessory), Helmet (Max Health +1, headwear), Pauldrons (SP: 2, suitable for knights, dragoons, and skirmishers; accessory), Plain Shield (SP: 5), Lethauros Mask (SP: 2, wearer deals double damage to Beasts and Vermin, headwear, suitable to everyone)

Emerald (Wood), Sapphire (Wind), Aquamarine (Water), Amethyst (Darkness), Topaz (Lightning)

Consumables: 3x Potions, Grand Potion, Field Rations (Restore 15 health), 2x Phoenix Essences, 4x Remedies, Mead, Venom, Smoke Bomb, Fire Bomb, Bedroll, Shovel, Telescope, Pickaxe, x2 Grand Tonics

Scrolls: Scroll of Fire Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to fire for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Ice Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to ice for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Water Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to water for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether), Scroll of Wood Warding (1/2 chance to make the target immune to wood for the duration of one battle at the cost of 1 ether)

16895570282_2f08bd649b_t.jpg

Calamity (Scubacarrot)

24 year old human Mage

Level 6

Power bonus: 2 (spell)

Health: 10/10

Ether: 10/10

Gold: 81

Equipment: Skull-Topped Staff (WP: 3, staff), Gold skin Gloves (Spell power +2, Usable by mages, Handwear)

Inventory: Bedroll, 4x Potion, 3x Tonic,4x Remedy, Scroll of Blindness (Enables casting the Blinded-effect to the target, making it unable to use a physical attack for the next three rounds. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.), Amethyst

16580412818_113a708a52_s.jpg

Keliim (Mencot)

35 years old male human Barbarian

Level 10

Health: 17/17

Defense: 2 (doubled against free hits)

Gold: 37

Equipment: Dwarven Orichalcum Axe (WP: 5), Heroic Helm (Headwear, SP:2, Helm's SP doubles on free hits)

Inventory:

Order Imperial Longsword (WP: 5),Really Hard Helmet (SP: 2, Immunity to Rock), Королева's Blessing (When equipped the player gains the ability to Animal Speak to Spiders only, and all spiders are Enamored with him for the first three rounds of battle, accessory), Scarab Shield (SP3 Shield, bearer takes half damage from vermin)

Consumables: x10 Potion, Grand Potion, 3X Mead, 1X Smelling salt, 2X Smoke Bomb, 1X Poison, 1X Dirt Bomb.

Misc: Shovel, 2X Obsidian Shard: may be affixed to a blunt weapon to give the Bleeding 2 effect for one battle. 2X Charion beetle horn. 1 X Crystal Shard(treasure item, worth 20 gold)

Avina Truenal, Crimson Crown Alchemaster (NPC, controlled by Emjajoas) *Immune to Cursed, Jinxed, Hexed, Transcended, and Blessed*

36 years old female human Alchemist

Level 15

Health: 34/34

Gold: 40

Equipment: Zeta and Sigma (WP: 13, dual strike, daggers), Leather Gloves (For Mixture, the die is rolled three times instead of twice, and the highest two results determine the created item; suitable to alchemists; handwear), Masque (Immune to cursed, jinxed, hexed, transcended and blessed, accessory, suitable to members of the Order of the Crimson Crown)

Inventory: 5 Potions, 2 Remedies, Phoenix Essence, Cloud of Celerity

Edited by CallMePie

"Really? Then hopefully you'll know your way around the place. The proprietress can be...difficult. Unfortunate. We've tried contacting her several times, she was one of the best information dealers in the business back in the days of the original Veterans. Or so I hear." She flicks through her ever-present folder again, and presents the party with another page. "Now, here's what we have on Reg."

Keliim thinks if he should had been quiet about visiting the place to Avina but nevermind, he answer her with a round and around answer,

"Aye but I guess all of us habt been to the hovels sometime before, right! But I can´t say so much 'bout the "Locale" in general, A place like the other to habt a drink I guess... If one can watch his own bac, And purse.

Avina trailed off as the party reached the front door, guarded by an...eccentric-looking bouncer.

15551083836_c4700330a1_t.jpg

"...." The ogre crossed his arms over his burly chest. "What's your business here, heroes?" he questioned demandingly. Apparently he'd had experience with them before, too.

Keliim just nods to the ogre and says "evening", this was the second time he had meet the ogre. The last time he was down here, there was no problem to get in as long as his weapons were left here behind.

But maybe it seems the ogre did have some past experience with some of the others in the party. The big man stands himself next to Em and Avina and just waits for them to say something.

Edited by Mencot

Mortimer sets the Wolfish Fedora aside for now, planning to dish it out later.

"Actually, yes. Hid out there a year ago while I was being hunted by one of the bloody Pilgrims. Halloween party. I was sitting right next to him and he didn't take so much as a glance at me." Mortimer can't see Avina smirk, but he can practically hear it in her voice. "It's a dump in my opinion, but I'm told there's more history there than it appears."

"You handled that worm well. I wasn't exactly expecting him to give in so easily...at least, I thought it would be coming to blows. I just hope you know you can't talk down everyone. A precise application of force can be just as if not more effective. But I suppose you have an image to maintain..."

Mortimer shrugs, thumbing his eyepatch. "I'm sure you know we're unmatched when it comes to force, Avina." He lets the remark hang for a long moment, taking a couple deep breaths. "I'd rather avoid giving everyone we cross a thrashing if I can help it."

Mortimer bows his head to the ogre in greeting. "We've come to say hello to an old associate."