Sign in to follow this  
Jorrith

[Freebuild] Arrival and Departure at Shadowmere

The following events take place at Shadowmere's north gate:

20174729751_9350fe8983_c.jpgDSC00395 by J H, on Flickr

The summer months have made the swamp surrounding Shadowmere florish. Lots of plantlife, and other life that eats alive things... The road to shadowmere's north gate has been a safe route for years, and many travelers and the local populace make use of it.

19981071958_02ee00da6a_c.jpgDSC00398 by J H, on Flickr

The guard troll is standing outside the gate, watching over the people that come and go... Some lumberjacks are going out to cut some firewood in the swamp, while hunters return...

19546502084_2691417f29_c.jpgDSC00402 by J H, on Flickr

And other hunters hunt for the local fauna in the city's moat...

20174732001_a3c1ce2047_c.jpgDSC00406 by J H, on Flickr

A tradesman is bringing in a supply of fine wine and ales from Avalonia...

20174732131_1a999af248_c.jpgDSC00403 by J H, on Flickr

While one of his customers allready has been hitting the bottle quite hard this morning...

19546501794_a5d164887a_c.jpgDSC00407 by J H, on Flickr

The streets are busy and lively, though some travelers are a bit startled by the local quisine... Or is it because of the large teeth of the kazzar walking in front of him?

19981114860_0ef717cd4c_c.jpgDSC00408 by J H, on Flickr

The kids in the street are playing knights, with sticks as swords....

19982490959_d338b92c5f_c.jpgDSC00412 by J H, on Flickr

When they become older, they might buy a real sword from the local arms dealer...

19546498764_f57a8cfcaa_c.jpgDSC00422 by J H, on Flickr

Suddenly, a person is entering shadowmere in quite a haste... The guard troll does not like, but before he can say anything, the figure has past the gate. It is a messenger, with a letter..

Shortly there after, in the living quarters of shadowmere's main castle....

20169153335_9796c3af7d_c.jpgDSC00424 by J H, on Flickr

While his stay at shadowmere is pleasant, Lord Mortis likes to relax in his quarters, reading alot of old lore and maps from the shadowmere library. His study of an old map is suddenly interupted by a knock on the door.

Lord Mortis: "Enter"

20161032682_c783c3c526_c.jpgDSC00427 by J H, on Flickr

The guard in the hallway enters the room..

Guard: M'lord, there is a messenger here to see you.

Lord Mortis: Very well, send him in, will you?

Guard: Yes M'lord!

19981070368_f3ef7d9d3c_c.jpgDSC00430 by J H, on Flickr

The messenger enters the room..

Messenger: Lord Mortis, i bring word from Lady Sonja. She sent me in advance to inform you that she and the army will arrive in shadowmere within two days. Also she has given me this letter to give to you.

Lord Mortis: Excellent, i was expecting the army to arrive sooner, but Sonja will probably have a good reason for that.

19546500904_628765b0c4_c.jpgDSC00433 by J H, on Flickr

The messenger hands over the letter to Lord Mortis...

Lord Mortis: Good man, you must be tired from bringing this message in such a hastely matter... Please ask the guard outside for the shadowmere quartermaster. Tell him you are one of my servants and that you require some quarters to rest.

Messenger: Thank you M'lord!

19981113910_c1ff01bc2b_c.jpgDSC00434 by J H, on Flickr

While reading Sonja's letter, the look on Lord Mortis his face is turning from grim to even more grim...

Encountered Raavage's forces?

Been skirmishing?

Local populace is forced into service by Raavage's troops?

Minimal losses?

I must inform Vladivus!

Lord Mortis: Guard! Please summon Lord Vladivus! I have some important matters to discuss with him!

20161030682_9bedb64332_c.jpgDSC00436 by J H, on Flickr

After a while, Vladivus enters the room. Lord mortis is standing on the balcony watching over shadowmere, pondering about the contents of the letter Sonja has sent him....

20142868766_a943f9e392_c.jpgDSC00437 by J H, on Flickr

Lord Vladivus: Mortis, you have word from lady Sonja?

Lord Mortis passes the letter from Sonja to Lord Vladivus...

Lord Mortis: Yes, and the reason why her arrival was late, is very dire. She has been fighting her way to shadowmere. Raavage's troops are everywhere rounding up entire villages! The men are given a choice, join his army, or be killed, have their village burned and their women and children enslaved. From what Sonja is reporting, alot of villages have been hit along the route she took to shadowmere, imagine if this is happening all across of nocturnus, then Raavage must be assembeling a huge army!

Lord Vladivus: If what she has written in that letter is correct, we might be facing a army the world has never seen... This sure is a problem...

Lord Mortis: I agree, and for me the time to just sit idle has past. Maybe rash on my part, but i cannot stand sitting here doing nothing else but reading, though i must say you do have a exquisite library here in shadowmere.. But my army will arrive within two days, and it's time to shed some blood! Please understand my lust for action, i fear if we do not act against these recruitment methods of the enemy, we might be severely outnumbered.

Lord Vladivus: Well friend, if you must ride to battle, then so be it. I'll summon the royal blacksmith to take your measurements... If you are going to battle, you will need a suit of armor!

Lord Mortis: Why thank you, my dearest Vladivus!

20161032192_b2e68f1b0d_c.jpgDSC00444 by J H, on Flickr

After two days, a large mass of men is approaching the north gate. Clad in black and red, just like the shadowmere troops.. Only these troops carry the symbol of the bat...

20174730531_3042426da9_c.jpgDSC00446 by J H, on Flickr

The army was expecting some relief from fighting, only to hear at their arrival that they will be leaving Shadowmere shortly for another campain against the spire...

And then, there's the moment to say goodbye...

19548185343_c98c2100f1_c.jpgDSC00451 by J H, on Flickr

20161031712_fd10da899e_c.jpgDSC00452 by J H, on Flickr

Lord Mortis: Lord Anfauglir, it has been a pleasure meeting you and a pleasure being in your company! I sure do hope we will meet again!

Lord Anfauglir: Lord Mortis, i have seen many a vampire, but very few were as pleasant company like yourself. We will meet again, i'm sure of it!

20161030452_f9d91139d2_c.jpgDSC00453 by J H, on Flickr

Lord Vladivus: The blacksmith has outdone itsself! I might have him ask to make me a suit of armor like that one too!

Lord Mortis: Hahaha! And risk that i will lead your troops? Lord Vladivus, thank you so much for everything, i am endepted to you for quite some time!

Lord Vladivus: Nothing of that! If you feel that you are endebted to me, than make up for it killing Raavage's troops!

Lord Mortis: Lust for blood is what vampire's are good at!

19981069238_d285135fc1_c.jpgDSC00454 by J H, on Flickr

Lord Mortis: Would'nt you agree Lady Sithanna?

Lady Sithanna: I am so sad to not join you... I know the fire that drives you all to well! But my place is next to Vladivus. Maybe we will meet at the battlefield, and fight alongside eachother.

Lord Mortis: And i will be waiting for that day, to have such beauty fighting alongside in battle....

19982489039_35280820fc_c.jpgDSC00456 by J H, on Flickr

Lord Vladivus: It seems Mortis can be quite the charmer it seems... But before you go, i have one final parting gift. Even though we are always short on mounts, i cannot let you leave on those few tired mounts your army came with. I have ordered the stablemaster to ready our fittest mounts for you, and have them armored with what we can spare. Lady Sonja, it has come to my understanding that you love to ride a white warg... Well it just so happens we had one in the stables, and its yours now.

Lady Sonja: ... My lord... That's a kingly gift!

Lord Vladivus: Well if you say so.... Sorry Lord Mortis, you get the black steed with gold armor, haha!

Lord Mortis: A fine beast too, maybe she wants to trade her warg for this magnifiscent steed after a while!

Lord Vladivus: Well, whatever you do, be safe and i hope we will meet again soon.

The party says goodbye and the vampire army marches...

19546499464_6f90ee532f_c.jpgDSC00457 by J H, on Flickr

On top of the tower...

20142866696_02b2055a59_c.jpgDSC00459 by J H, on Flickr

OOC: Hey there! I hope you have enjoyed this story and i must appoligise for being out of GoH for a short bit! I've missed out on the kaliphlin civil war totally! But i'm back and i finally opened up a flickr account! (some more pics there too!) I will be building more for the pride of Nocturnus! C&C Welcomed!

Epic!

Great build and storyline.

Let me name a few highlights: the living quarters (floor!) - the kneeling messenger - the foilage .. and more.

Excellent!

Wow. Just wow. I really like this!

One question, where did you git the bright red hair piece? The one that is on the fig that leads the incoming army?

Great build and story! But what I love most is the figure combinations, all of which are superb.

That drunkard is particularity good, but I think the best combo is actually that skeleton stag with the tradesman! The parts usage and even the trade materials the stag is carrying is just perfect. Great job!

Thanks everybody! I was a bit unsure on the total build, the characters added to make the lively scene, i've made quite a few, but some of them just did not make the cut. The room scene was an addition because i felt this was needed to tell the story.. The story itself is also a bit of a compromise, but in the end i like how everything turned out. Leaving Shadowmere is also a choice to free up our characters, as some of you know i have been into a collab with Lord Vladivus and MassEditor, and some time going guerilla on Raavage gives us time to go our separate ways. Also Jacob Nion and Blufiji have entered the collab, but need time to work their way up to shadowmere, storywise.

Wow. Just wow. I really like this!

One question, where did you git the bright red hair piece? The one that is on the fig that leads the incoming army?

Assuming you know bricklink, it's this piece: http://www.bricklink...59&itemID=79790 It's also available in other colors. If you don't know bricklink, maybe don't click the link... Your wallet will thank you for it later. :grin:

Assuming you know bricklink, it's this piece: http://www.bricklink...59&itemID=79790 It's also available in other colors. If you don't know bricklink, maybe don't click the link... Your wallet will thank you for it later. :grin:

Oky, thanks. I knew what piece it was, but I just wondered what sets it came in. Now I know.

Hehe, Yeah, I already know Bricklink... and my wallet too unfortunately :laugh:

Spectacular! I love all the different colors of the foliage! All the different types of orcs, as well as all the other species are interesting (he, he love the drunk guy :wacko: )!

The gate and wall kind of remind me of the Morannon (Black Gate of Mordor), in a good way. I soooooo want to do some black builds, but don't have the pieces... my wallet is going to hate me...

Great build, can't wait for more!

Damn Jorrith! That's awesome! I really like the plant life, looks cool! Some great gig combos, and I love the amount of civilian life you've shown as well!

Awesome! I really like both the exterior and interior builds, and all the nice details you've put in there.

It's also nice to see the Nocturnus civil war continue, I'm suspecting that we now are seeing events which will set the stage for the next challenge? :classic:

Now I'm inspired! That build turned out excellent. You, Vlad and ME are really good at interiors btw!

You've made Shadowmere a very active place. I hope I can do the edges of Lord Vladivus' lands as much justice.

The Nestlands Clans wish Lord Mortis luck in seeking to drain Raavage's body dry. Hopefully his blood won't be too noxious.

Thanks everybody for all these wonderfull comments! :blush:

Spectacular! I love all the different colors of the foliage! All the different types of orcs, as well as all the other species are interesting (he, he love the drunk guy :wacko: )!

The gate and wall kind of remind me of the Morannon (Black Gate of Mordor), in a good way. I soooooo want to do some black builds, but don't have the pieces... my wallet is going to hate me...

Great build, can't wait for more!

Building in black sure has been a challenge, i've aquired a fair amount of black bricks with the tower of orthanc, but together with what i've allready had, i still had to order some more black bricks!

Awesome! I really like both the exterior and interior builds, and all the nice details you've put in there.

It's also nice to see the Nocturnus civil war continue, I'm suspecting that we now are seeing events which will set the stage for the next challenge? :classic:

Well, the next challenge will be in Nocturnus, our beloved lands... But for now we nocty's are just freebuilding and waiting for the next challenge.

Now I'm inspired! That build turned out excellent. You, Vlad and ME are really good at interiors btw!

Somehow i don't particulary favor interior scenes, but they are in fact pretty easy to build.. I'm glad i could spark some inspiration, and in all honesty, the gate build was in turn inspired by LV's build here.

Great to see another epic Nocty build! Sweet gatehouse and the landscape is superb too, great variety of plant life :thumbup: Neat weapons shop and details inside the wall as well.

Excellent interior scene too :classic:

Great depiction of the swamp! And amazing army. I hopefully look forwardto confront the Black Spire.

Amazing work dude! One of your best yet, the big and little details here are just too cool. This is such an awesome representation of Shadowmere, with the crowded bazaar, the extremely diverse residents and that fearsome Shadowmere architecture.

So many great touches to appreciate here, I especially like the lush swamp and all that clever vegetation. I love all civilian depictions of Nocturnus' residents, and this is definitely among the top. So cool to see the normal life and activities of urban dwellers in Nocturnus. The skeleton stag is especially awesome.

The interior scene is fantastic as well, very nicely decorated and designed. The mosaic floor is particularly impressive and I like that kneeling soldier.

Your photography is always good and very engaging. I especially like the second to last pic, with Jorrith and his army marching away with Shadowmere in the background. I would hate to be among the Black Spire goons who ran into this army!

It is encouraging to see that, while Raavage betrays his allies and sets them upon themselves, the Nocturnian resistance grows ever stronger.

Edited by MassEditor

Great work here, Jorrith! Love the architecture and swamp-lands! Keep it up!

Both your interior and exterior work is great, Jorrith!

Your North Gate perfectly complements Vladivus' (west?) gate and there are so many brilliant details. It is always nice to see Shadowmere growing!

Your interior has a mass of npu (like those suitcases for drawers), but oddly enough, what impresses me the most is the one plate thick tan line running around the walls - a little detail that adds so much to the build!

Further, I will add once more - this collab is brilliant and I feel like just having watched the last season of something and now just biting my nails for the next season to be released! GIEF ME MORE! :wub:

The last chapter in book II is promising to be really interesting, with the base you guys are setting up! :thumbup:

Edited by Bregir