Posted Image

Posted Image

You find yourself on Nar Eurbrikka, one of the moons orbiting Nal Hutta, and home to some of the scum of the galaxy. Not to say that there aren't nice parts of Nar Eurbrikka, this just isn't one of them. You walk around glancing at the bars and shops when all of a sudden you hear a voice yelling at you...

Posted Image

“Hey, you! Yeah you, with the eyeballs! Interested in making some easy credits? I need a bounty hunter and you look like you have the skills I require. All you have to do is take care of a little problem for me, and I’ll pay you handsomely. Take a look at my ‘shopping list’ and come back and see me when you’ve retrieved one of the ‘items.’"

Mission List
For builders with more than 0 XP:
Rodian on Tatooine Posted Image
Geonosian on Ord Mantell Posted Image

For builders with more than 10 XP you have all the previous missions and:
Wookiee on Endor Posted Image
Lasat on Lothal Posted Image
Weequay on Geonosia Posted Image
Talz on Hoth Posted Image

For builders with more than 25 XP you have all the previous missions and:
Twi’lek on Corellia Posted Image
Mon Calamari on Fondor Posted Image
Zabrak on Felucia Posted Image
Gungan on Coruscant Posted Image
Gamorrean on Nar Eurbrikka Posted Image

For builders with more than 50 XP you have all the previous missions and:
Neimoidian on Dantooine Posted Image
Bith on Bothawui Posted Image
Gran on Mon Cal Posted Image
Dug on Corellia Posted Image
Sullustan on Tatooine Posted Image
Tusken on Naboo Posted Image

For builders with more than 100 XP you have all the previous missions and:
Kel Dor on Nal Hutta Posted Image
Trandoshan on Kashyyyk Posted Image
Duros on EndorPosted Image
Ewok on Naboo Posted Image
Ithorian on Dantooine Posted Image
Jawa on Lothal Posted Image

For builders with more than 125 XP you have all the previous missions and:
Togruta on Felucia Posted Image
Vurk on Geonoisia Posted Image
Cerean on Commenor Posted Image
Mirialan on Kuat Posted Image
Toydarian on Fondor Posted Image
Kyuzo on Ord Mantell Posted Image
Nautolan on Naboo Posted Image
Besalisk on Sullust Posted Image

For builders with more than 150 XP you have all the previous missions and:
Hutt on Hapes Posted Image
Umbaran on Endor Posted Image
Clawdite (Skin Changer) on Lothal Posted Image

"I know it can be difficult to get 'items' of this nature through spaceport security, so if your cargo gets detained, just bring me a holoimage. I still need to know it was you who got the item! For example, see that Trandosian? Bossk has been working for me for years. If you want to learn how to do this job, you should learn from his example. For instance, he never asks questions about why someone is on the list. He just does his job and receives the credits. He also doesn't leave any room for questions about whether he's done his job right or not. I always know he's gotten the right 'item.' On the other hand, I had a bounty hunter named Greedo who used to work for me and he had no clue how to do his job well.'"

Posted Image
"See this holoimage? It's so blurry I can't even tell if that's Greedo or one of his cousins! And he claims that skeleton was the Sullustan he was supposed to take care of on Tatooine, but how was I to know he was telling the truth?"

Posted Image
"And in this holoimage Greedo claimed he was on Endor, but it looks more like he was in one of the parks on Coruscant! He said he had used a flame-thrower on his Duros target, but there wasn't enough left to know if it was a Duros or barbecued Bantha!"

Posted Image

Posted Image
"Now Bossk, he knows how to convince a guy! He was picking up a Wookie for me on Kashyyyk. His holoimage of him flying through the Wroshyr trees with that mass of fur hanging off the back of his speeder showed he had gotten the right 'item.'"

Posted Image
"And here, even though I can't see the whole body, I know there was only one Gungan crazy enough to be in that back alley on Coruscant so I know he got his guy!"

What is this?
The Bounty Hunter Missions are a way for SoNE builders to expand their building skills and stories outside of just the normal troopers. With each rank you earn, more missions become available for you to complete. Show your bounty hunter collecting each of the different aliens to unlock a special tag as well as removal of the XP restriction on freebuilds for your normal SoNE character.

Rules
  • For these bounty hunter missions you get to create a new character to use as a bounty hunter. The bounty hunter you create can be human or alien regardless of whether you are part of the Rebels or the Empire, but you must use the same bounty hunter for every mission. You can have your current sig-fig help with the mission if you so choose, but you must also have your bounty hunter included. Your bounty hunter does not count towards any number of allowed character(s) for the episodes and freebuilds. While your bounty hunter may show up in any other SoNE builds (episodes or freebuilds), he/she should not be the main protagonist of any of these builds.
  • Each build must show your bounty hunter capturing their target either alive or dead. You can write a backstory explaining why the target needed to be taken out, or you can just build.
  • Each build must show specific details of the planet the target is located on. Information on the planets can be found here or on Wookiepedia.
  • Your posts should be titled with a header following these guidelines [BH alien]. I.E. [BH - Rodian].
  • Each build has a minimum size limit of 512 square studs (or the equivalent of 16x32 baseplate). That means your build has to equal 512 square studs or larger. Builds with non-square bases that are another size are acceptable as long as it equals 512 total studs. These builds are not meant to be quick, they are meant to show skill.
  • How much XP you’ve earned shows what Bounty Hunter Missions you’ve unlocked. As you gain more XP, more missions open up. As you gain the next level of XP, you still have access to all previous missions.
  • As not everyone has a collection of every Star Wars minifigure, you are not required to use a full alien minifigure in your build. You can use creative methods to show your target without having to reveal that it’s not the official minifigure. Examples, such as those seen above, would be just an arm showing from inside a dumpster or "fur" showing through a net. To make up for the lack of minifigure, you should compensate by putting more detail into the surrounding showing what planet your target is on. The rule of thumb is that if you don't use the official minifigure, make up for it in creativity! If you don't have an Ewok minifigure and just show a pair of legs, make up a story for why your bounty hunter has to track him down on Naboo. The more creative the better!
  • Your bounty hunter builds do not count towards your 4 freebuild limit per episode. There is no limit to how many bounty hunter builds you can enter per episode.
  • Your entry will be judged by at least 3 judges with a pass/fail vote. If it is not up to the standards shown in these rules, you will be asked to try again. If your build does not pass the first time, you must wait until the next episode starts before trying that mission again. Not passing one mission does not prevent you from trying another mission during that episode. Results for the pass/fail will be posted by the SoNE Admin account. If the build fails, an explanation will be given for what needs to improve for it to pass.
  • A special thanks to Bricklink for the use of their images for the Mission List. If you want to grow your Star Wars minifigure collection, trying looking on Bricklink.com for a good deal!
  • For each Bounty Hunter Mission you complete, you will earn 5XP.
  • If you complete all the Bounty Hunter Missions, you will unlock this tag: Posted Image Unlocking this tag will grant you the ability to build freebuilds on any planet without any team-control XP restrictions. You can have this tag in addition to another SoNE tag.

Player Achievements:

Empire
Dragonfire
-Rodian :thumbup:

goatman641
-Twi'lek :thumbup:
-Ewok :thumbup:
-Cerean :thumbup:
-Kyuzo :thumbup:
-Clawdite :thumbup:
-Hutt :thumbup:
-Genosian :thumbup:

Puvel

VaderFan2187
-Rodian :thumbdown:

Rebel Alliance
Forresto

Jannik
-Wookie :thumbup:
-Twi'lek :thumbup:

Lord Vladivus

Monty Python
-Geonosian :thumbup:
-Neimodian :thumbdown:

Very cool! It's kinda like one of the story arcs in The Old Republic game for the Bounty Hunter class. Let the hunt begin! :classic:

Just a little question: What are the rules on collaborating? Can two bounty hunters team up to catch a bad/good/whatever guy?

On "Mission list" are the xp unlocks reflecting the amount of XP our main character has? i.e.: with 13 xp, you can only complete:

Rodian on Tatooine sml_gallery_38409_298_14061.jpg

Geonosian on Ord Mantell sml_gallery_38409_298_4079.jpg

Is that correct?

Edited by Vedauwoo

Very cool! It's kinda like one of the story arcs in The Old Republic game for the Bounty Hunter class. Let the hunt begin! :classic:

Just a little question: What are the rules on collaborating? Can two bounty hunters team up to catch a bad/good/whatever guy?

You can have a collab with another player, but for both of you to complete the mission you must both build MOCs that meet the requirements. So if you teamed up with Wick Nole, you would have to build an entry meeting all the rule specifications and can include Wick's bounty hunter; but then Wick would also have to build a qualified entry. You could show two different aspects of the mission, but both must compete. The other option is to use other player's bounty hunters in your entry, but it wouldn't count for that player. They would have to finish the mission themselves at a different time. Does that make sense?

On "Mission list" are the xp unlocks reflecting the amount of XP our main character has? i.e.: with 13 xp, you can only complete:

Is that correct?

Knew this question would come up so thanks for asking it now! It's actually if you have 1-10XP you can complete:

If you have 1-25XP you can complete:

Wookiee on Endor sml_gallery_38409_298_9694.jpg

Lasat on Lothal sml_gallery_38409_298_5247.jpg

Weequay on Geonosia sml_gallery_38409_298_392.jpg

Talz on Hoth sml_gallery_38409_298_266.jpg

Make sense?

so, follow up question, a player could in theory only do these bounty hunter missions and eventually complete them all correct?

so, follow up question, a player could in theory only do these bounty hunter missions and eventually complete them all correct?

I'm not sure I fully understand, but a player would also need to complete some freebuilds and or Episode builds to be able to complete all the Bounty Hunter Missions. Completing all of the missions within the "up to 100xp" range (assuming every build got a perfect 5) would only give 85XP. So they would have to get 15 more XP from somewhere else before being able to build the next set.

I'm not sure I fully understand, but a player would also need to complete some free builds and or Episode builds to be able to complete all the Bounty Hunter Missions. Completing all of the missions within the "up to 100xp" range (assuming every build got a perfect 5) would only give 85XP. So they would have to get 15 more XP from somewhere else before being able to build the next set.

ok, so there are "gates" at certain XP ranges (the 100-125 section as you mentioned) that require other SoNE builds to reach (although having now done the math, all one would need is that extra 15 to hit 100xp, and they would be able to only do bounty missions and eventually complete them all.

Also you mention getting a perfect score to get the 5xp, while the rules state "For each Bounty Hunter Mission you complete, you will earn 5XP." that sure reads as 5xp guaranteed on completion/approval.

This is a great idea guys! I think we're going to get some really cool builds out of this. I'm already planning my modular Lothal build (it was going to be Octan, but I've been itching to try Lothal).

One suggestion I have... the reward for this, aside from XP, seems pretty far off. Occasionally having an "alien roundup" with increased prizes might encourage more builders that would otherwise pass this up. It could be something like: "submit your best BH build in the month of March to win ____ (double XP, a polybag, sponsor prize, special tag, etc.)"

Regardless, I'm in!

ok, so there are "gates" at certain XP ranges (the 100-125 section as you mentioned) that require other SoNE builds to reach (although having now done the math, all one would need is that extra 15 to hit 100xp, and they would be able to only do bounty missions and eventually complete them all.

Also you mention getting a perfect score to get the 5xp, while the rules state "For each Bounty Hunter Mission you complete, you will earn 5XP." that sure reads as 5xp guaranteed on completion/approval.

Whoops! Forgot my own rules there for a moment. You are correct, every build, if it passes gets an automatic 5XP. As I counted it I think there is one other "gate" where you would need 10XP from other sources besides BHMs, but you are correct in that a person does not have to do a whole lot more than BHMs to reach the end goal.

This is a great idea guys! I think we're going to get some really cool builds out of this. I'm already planning my modular Lothal build (it was going to be Octan, but I've been itching to try Lothal).

One suggestion I have... the reward for this, aside from XP, seems pretty far off. Occasionally having an "alien roundup" with increased prizes might encourage more builders that would otherwise pass this up. It could be something like: "submit your best BH build in the month of March to win ____ (double XP, a polybag, sponsor prize, special tag, etc.)"

Regardless, I'm in!

I'm glad you like the idea and I really like your suggestion! The topic of reward vs. effort was brought up as we discussed this prior to launching. I based the reward off of the Guilds of Historica: Age of Mitgardia mini-challenge. In that challenge you had to complete 36 builds and only got a tag for completing them. For the BHMs you get a tag and XP so it's roughly the same. I personally feel that having a simple tag as the prize is okay because it makes that tag worth that much more. Not many people will have it so it provides some bragging rights. At least, that's how I feel about my Age of Migardia shield tag :grin: But, I think your idea of "best BHM build in a month" is a very good one and will help provide additional reasons to build. We'll see what we can do about hosting one of those in the next couple months.

This sounds great! And great timing too, I've just about half-done a bounty hunter ship! This would be a great place to use it when finished! Does the xp gained affect our main SoNE character, i.e would xp gained here give me xp to reach the next SoNE rank?

Edited by Lord Tyrus

Gunrunning on Tatooine

Guess that makes me the first build? Hope it's up to scratch! Also, do you want us to post the builds here?

Great beginning! It's not required to post them here, but it is helpful.

This sounds great! And great timing too, I've just about half-done a bounty hunter ship! This would be a great place to use it when finished! Does the xp gained affect our main SoNE character, i.e would xp gained here give me xp to reach the next SoNE rank?

XP that you gain with your bounty hunter goes towards your main SoNE character.

Great tasks! That should satisfy everbodie's bounty hunter desires.

I don't question your choices of species and planets, but I'm wondering why so many targets can be found on Endor, especially now at this time period when there should be an infamous massive weapon under construction. Maybe slaves of the empire? And a tusken outside of Tatooine and then on a peaceful planet like Naboo seems unlikely too. But I guess it's upon us to write a reasonable story.

I understand that the bounty hunter fig is here so that rebels and stormtroopers aren't going around the galaxy randomly collecting bounties, which would not make much sense. I was wondering that because my character is a bounty hunter if I could use him instead of creating another one. Just wondering as it would allow me to expand on his background,

As this seems it will be an ongoing thing...can we submit a "sig-fig" image of our Bounty Hunter to be shown in the player index as part of our player info?

I just added a bounty hunter mission! A High Cost

I was curious if a mod could, if they aren't too busy, alter the name of the topic so that it reads: [bH - Rodian] A High Cost

I accidentally pressed the enter key before I had finished writing the title :hmpf_bad:

Wow! I just realized there were a whole bunch of questions I had answered yet! Sorry about that guys.

I understand that the bounty hunter fig is here so that rebels and stormtroopers aren't going around the galaxy randomly collecting bounties, which would not make much sense. I was wondering that because my character is a bounty hunter if I could use him instead of creating another one. Just wondering as it would allow me to expand on his background,

Most people really want a chance to use a different figure so your request is a hard one to answer. If you choose to use your sigfig as your bounty hunter, you won't get a chance to change it up later. My recommendation is to still create a new bounty hunter, but then have your character work with him for as many missions as you want to build up your back story.

As this seems it will be an ongoing thing...can we submit a "sig-fig" image of our Bounty Hunter to be shown in the player index as part of our player info?

If you will get me a 100x100 shot of your bounty hunter, I will add it to the index.

Query: can we have two bounty hunters working together / a bounty hunter and a sidekick?

Certainly! You'll need to pick one of them to be your official bounty hunter, but sidekicks are certainly welcome!

I just added a bounty hunter mission! A High Cost

I was curious if a mod could, if they aren't too busy, alter the name of the topic so that it reads: [bH - Rodian] A High Cost

I accidentally pressed the enter key before I had finished writing the title :hmpf_bad:

Got it!

Did the rules change on this? I was about to build something and see you now have to have at least 10 for first category.