Sign in to follow this  
De Sandman

The Red Dragon, 62 gun pirate ship of the line

Hey guys, it's been a while since i've been here but i finally finished my ship.Total lenght: 110 cmWaterine: 79 cmHight: 95 cmGuns: 62Crew: pirates, gools, zombie's and a ghost20150730_145502_copy_1024x768.jpg2_copy_576x768.jpg

pirates-indexed.gif Fully Rigged Ship 22A

6_copy_1024x768.jpg20150730_145648_1024x768.jpg20150730_145718_1024x768.jpg20150730_145731_1024x768.jpg20150730_145742_1024x768.jpg8_copy_1024x768.jpg7_copy_1024x768.jpg20150730_150007_1024x768.jpg5_copy_1024x768.jpg4_copy_1024x768.jpg12_copy_1024x768.jpg3_copy_1024x768.jpg

What a fantastic ship!

The shot with water/sky background has turned out extremely well.

Custom rigging and custom sails are also excellent!

:thumbup:

Wooooooooow...... That is incredible! I really love the figurehead - I never would have thought of doing one like that! This is an impressive ship!

The crew lies well beyond my area of interest but the ship is very nice. The shape and colors are good and the custom hull and rigging are excellent. All the different details look great and of course she packs a furious punch with that many guns. Good work and good addition to the "fleet!"

Love all the detail. The colors are really nice and the ship looks great. Makes me want to build a really large ship myself.

Fantastic ship! I especially like the way you made the masts, rigging and sails. From blue-print or reference pictures I at least found it difficult to make up the exact angles and shapes for the masts, sails and rigging and it's easy to make it look awkward on a lego ship. But you made it look perfect pirate_classic.gif

Great ship! Very nice work on the rigging and sails. I really like the figure head too, it fits the ship very well.

tag-fontpage-pirates-276x60.png

Thanks you all for the nice comments pirate_satisfied.gif

Thanks for your edit - this has brought us more great pictures of your fantastic creation!

Thank you, i think it looks better with the ship in it's natural habitat pirate_laugh_new.gif

Fantastic ship! I especially like the way you made the masts, rigging and sails. From blue-print or reference pictures I at least found it difficult to make up the exact angles and shapes for the masts, sails and rigging and it's easy to make it look awkward on a lego ship. But you made it look perfect pirate_classic.gif

The masts were a pain in the but to build, the top section of the 2 front masts were built 3 times before it looked right, although i'm still not satisfied but this was the best i could do with the bricks i have.

Great ship! Very nice work on the rigging and sails. I really like the figure head too, it fits the ship very well.

tag-fontpage-pirates-276x60.png

Thank you for frontpaging it pirate_satisfied.gif

This is a seriously amazing ship.

I recon this guy

https://www.facebook...pe=3&permPage=1

would be perfect for your crew :)

He would be a nice addition pir_laugh2.gif

Edited by De Sandman

I read this post several times and never wrote something. The reason? The ship is just overwhemling me and I can´t say whats best. It is just great and not in the "american way" where everything is amazing^^, no it is really amazing!