Hi everyone!

I've posted a few times sporadically here, but mostly just lurked... but now I want to take a more active part so I thought I'd take the time to make a proper "hello" post (though not as long-winded as my other new post in the Pirates section!).

Short version: I'm an Aussie in my late 30's for whom Lego was a huge part of their childhood, but drifted away from it into my own "dark age" until a few years ago. A random buy of a Heroica game set got me curious and interested to buy and build a few other random "regular" sets out of nostalgia, but it was the then-new Alien Conquest theme that made me fall in love with Lego all over again; so *fun* and (for me) mindblowingly different from what was around when I was a kid!

After that, I discovered my childhood dream of "Lego Star Wars" actually existed, and the LOTR line was just coming out... and the rest is history. I now own *far* too much Lego at my age, but I love it as much as I did when I was eight years old!

Glad to see that I'm not the only "big kid" who feels that way... not by a long shot! :)

Edited by Banjo

Thanks, everyone! I'm having a blast reading these forums and of course building Lego again. Tonight will be (Pirate 2009) Soldier's Fort that recently arrived, I think! :)

Edited by Banjo