Bering

8110 Unimog or 42043 Arcos

Hello all,

I want to get into the new Lego pneumatics and am deciding about the 8110 Unimog or the 42043 Arcos.

The 42043 will cost about 180 and a new 8110 about 240 euro's. I like the 8110 visually a lot better than the 42043.

But then again, the 42043 has 800 pieces more, but i don't like it's colors and looks.

Which set has more (pneumatic) functions and what are your opinions about these sets?

Hope to hear from your experiences!

I'm inclined to recommend the Unimog based on what you say about its personal visual appeal, but that is of course if you want to have it as a model rather than a parts pack. It also has much larger wheels which have only appeared in a few sets so far.

Unfortunately I can't advise on pneumatics because I have yet to delve into all that myself, but if a Mod would be so kind as to move this to the Technic forum, I'm sure the folks there can help :B

42043 has the newer and longer pneumatic cylinders. With the extra 60 euro, you can buy different panels to change the color and look of the set.

i think id have to choose 42043 over 8110, just because of all the automotive parts, gearboxes, and the new pneumatics are a big seller for me. i never liked 8110 to much, i thought it was to bulky and unstable. i havent been able to get and build the arocs just yet, but i really think ill like it.

If you are looking to acquire both sets (not at the same time) go with 8110 as it is already discontinued and will become more expensive.

In case you are not looking for new pneumatic cylinders and new parts found in 42043 I could suggest a different set - 8455. This is the of the greatest Technic sets containing pneumatic system. It has 10 cylinders + 2 pumps. You'll be amazed by the complexity of the sets in its scale.

Between those two, go for 42043 ! It has the V2 pneumatic cylinders and in my opinion it is overall much better.

Thanks for all your opinions here. I will certainly take all into my decision. Maybe i should wait a few days, to hear how the building experience is with the 42043.

i think id have to choose 42043 over 8110, just because of all the automotive parts, gearboxes, and the new pneumatics are a big seller for me. i never liked 8110 to much, i thought it was to bulky and unstable. i havent been able to get and build the arocs just yet, but i really think ill like it.

i also thought that

For Bering:

take the 8110 if you....

-are looking for a Display set

-want to build crawler mocs after you broke it down,

-want pneumatic valves take the 8110 because it has more of them

-want big and small short pneumatics take the 8110

-want big wheels

-want a M-motor

-want the big wheelhubs

take the 42043 if you....

-want a parts donor take the 42043

-want long and small short pneumatics take the 42043

-want a lot of wheels

-wishbone suspention parts

-want a L motor

-want a newer tunable

i think i have the most options said

Thanks for your advice. Last week i went to Germany and bought the 42043 Arcos... and the 42042 Crane. Still 290 euro's, but so worth it. :-)