Sign in to follow this  
Blackhawk STX

[Challenge 2] [Cat A] The Gremlin

Looks like we have a situation…

It seems that some bug-eyed aliens are heading this way with the intent of causing some trouble. Boy do I feel sorry for them! I imagine that they have no idea of what they’re up against. We Humans love a good scrap, and we can give as well as we take. This should be interesting.

One of the egg-heads back at HQ (Dardanel, I think) figured out that the alien’s tech was susceptible to some kind of ionic radiation or something. His idea was that if this radiation could be focused into a beam delivery form, it could potentially knock out a good portion of their systems. So, Operative Q designed an ion disruptor cannon and slapped two of them onto a space frame designed in record time (isn’t there supposed to be a safety review or shakedown flight before they throw it in the air?). The result of all this was… the Gremlin.

C02-01_zpsfsmqnac6.jpg

Actually, it doesn’t look too shabby. It has good thrust, and is reasonably maneuverable, but those disruptor guns look really cool! I’d love to try them against some MANTIS Bugs, but they told me that they don’t affect our tech, just the aliens (in theory, anyway). Oh well. Bugs or bug-eyed creeps, there’s still a connection. That’s good enough for me.

So I’ve been tagged to fly this crate. Apparently, the aliens have dispatched what looks like a raiding force, and we’re gonna meet them. I’m supposed to hit the lead ship with the Gremlin, taking down their screens and making a mess of their electronics, while the rest of the gang hits it with everything they could get into the air. I was chosen because of my “insane, even suicidal, recklessness.” Commander Turtle said I was the ideal pilot for this job because I could disrupt the dead from their eternal sleep. I’m not really sure what he meant by that. I get the feeling that it wasn’t meant to be a compliment. Well, no matter. I’ll just go out there and fly, fight, and win. Like always!

Looks like it’s time. Gotta go! More later, when I get back…

---End Recording---

C02-02_zpslrivyfsw.jpg

C02-03_zpsenckjmc2.jpg

C02-04_zpsmyrm6vz9.jpg

C02-05_zpsh5gof4pl.jpg

C02-06_zpsjl0nvyvs.jpg

C02-07_zpsrzzkjnke.jpg

This is the second attempt in my "new direction" build style. It's admittedly not a sleek as the Kestrel, but I'm pleased with the result. C&C's welcome and appreciated!

I like it! I really like the ball turrets as engines. The ion cannons look the part and, when landed especially, that cockpit area bristling with weaponry, landing gear deployed, gives the impression of it's namesake. Another great SNOT build in your new direction. :thumbup:

Nice ship. You are geting good with SNOT.

Sinse its still a WIP I suggest puting an axel or axelpin trough the barels (maybe you need to add a round 2 x 2 plate under the barel). Then you could make some (transparent?) rod sticking out of the barel. Maybe dosen't look better but if you have time you could try it.

Nice ship, looks loaded for bear!

Thanks! I really like how the ion disruptors came out.

Another very nice ship! I really like the engines :thumbup:

Thank you! I think they work pretty well... :wink:

Nice ship. You are geting good with SNOT.

Sinse its still a WIP I suggest puting an axel or axelpin trough the barels (maybe you need to add a round 2 x 2 plate under the barel). Then you could make some (transparent?) rod sticking out of the barel. Maybe dosen't look better but if you have time you could try it.

Thanks! I've been trying to improve my technique lately. I appreciate the suggestion, but sadly, I've already had to dismantle it to make this weeks build :sad: . Hope I won't need to make any modifications at this point!

Nice ship!

Thank you!

Really innovative shape to this ship. I like the cockpit design a lot, great work!

Great ship! I like the two giant ion disruptor cannons on the sides; they look very intimidating. I also love the use of the sockets for the engines, the landing gear, and the nose of the fighter!