Murdoch17

Cyber-punk Dystopia / futuristic models - OCTAN space tanker + asteroid garage

In here you will find all my odds-and-ends of space related stuff that is not Space Police IV orientated. This thread includes hover cars, space tankers, and occasional buildings of the cyber-punk Dystopia / futuristic theme.

Smokey's Space Garage

35707297254_87ccc7f22b_z.jpg

A small portion of this model is based off set 5980, (Squidman's Pit-stop, as recreated in LDD by Marco9999) from the Space Police III line in summer 2009. The rest is my idea.

Fictional backstory for this model:

The pit-stop building was originally painted a bright red with trans-neon green windows, and was used as a manned M-TRON radio message relay outpost until the company moved on to another method of communication via automated hyper-space message satellites. After being abandoned by the company in 2200, the building sat vacant until Squidman found it floating in interstellar space around 2207.

Squidman and his cyborg helper, Squidtron, then opened up a spaceship repair business called Squidman's Pit-stop that was a front for illegal spaceship modifications and smuggling for the Black Hole Gang and it's members. After the gang was utterly destroyed in 2211, Squidman seemed to go clean, and set up the a legitimate business called Smokey's Space Garage with help from Dr. Hamm "Smokey" Porkchop, a fellow retired evil-doer. They used the old pit-stop as a base of the new business venture, but really the three former villains decided to go on with their life of crime, but in a good way by helping the less fortunate victims of the Space Police IV regime. They do this by giving them means and money to fight back against the oppressive police state, with the biggest supporter coming from techno-mage Analog and his space car Shatter-point.

36542119015_b390e8f5fc_z.jpg

The inside of the building has various spray paint cans and fuel drums lay about in a carefully-constructed illusion of disarray, as the entire facility is booby-trapped. For example, the sign on top of the building is actually a weapons launcher with a number of radar-guided dark-matter missiles, while the entire asteroid is equipped with a red-matter bomb at it's core, ready to destroy the base with a instant black hole just in case of a overwhelming attack as a desperate last resort... luckily, that hasn't happened, and the SPIV are oblivious to the robin hood-like second life of the Smokey's Space Garage and it's crew.

35707295814_405f33579d_z.jpg

This picture shows off the revolving weapons / tool wall.. It only opens to a code word and hand-print scanner combination. If one is used without the other in quick succession, the red-matter bomb will arm and begin it's countdown. If another code-word is entered, the bomb at the core of the asteroid will disarm and reset.

36404558861_ca712784b7_z.jpg

The garage feature a cold nuclear fusion reactor to power the facility, it's defenses, and refueling any visiting space ships. The entrance to the reactor is guarded by an airlock and is connected to the fusion control room, which also controls the secret defenses for the outpost.

35707296714_8c8b36c416_z.jpg

Squidman is on the left, and Squidtron is on the right... or maybe I've got that backwards? No one really knows for sure who is who anymore, or if they are  both robots, with the real Squidman somewhere else in the universe. Here is the figure for Dr. Hamm "Smokey" Porkchop.

35733315883_ac18b0be8a_o.jpg

Three of these are used on the signs placed throughout the model. If you see a white 2 x 4 tile, then this sign goes there. (It's not on Bricklink yet, that's why there is no link to it!)

OCTAN space tanker

36388862616_3aa884e970_z.jpg

This OCTAN truck is on the smaller end of hover tankers. It can fit in tight and hard to reach areas with it's small size and high maneuverability, a still carry two different types of fuel in the two side pods. This type can carry Nitro-oxide2, propane. It is a regular supplier of various fluids at Smokey's Space Garage. This ship should feature the following printed parts, this goes on the front of the ship, while two of these go on the side pods

36388862876_cbdb737631_z.jpg

This OCTAN tanker has three engines: two sub-light and one hyper drive. The model was inspired by Bricksky's alternate build of set 60016 from 2014.

36388863056_89f8ef71ee_z.jpg

The pilot of the ship is wearing the standard OCTAN spacesuit, circa 2217.

Here are the LDD files for the tanker and garage.

What do you think? Comments are always welcome, be it complaint, praise, question or otherwise!

Edited by Murdoch17

Nice character and write up. :D

And that car. One of my favorite things from SPIII and I like your take on it. Only thing I would change is, mount the forward wings lower.

Nice character and write up. :D

And that car. One of my favorite things from SPIII and I like your take on it. Only thing I would change is, mount the forward wings lower.

Thanks for commenting and pointing that out: I will lower the front wings when I build it. by the way, it will cost me $19 to build this model, minus S&H from three sellers.

The car is great, man. Definately worth the $19. I like the story, too and I feel a heavy Blade Runner influence in it. :thumbup:

The car is great, man. Definately worth the $19. I like the story, too and I feel a heavy Blade Runner influence in it. :thumbup:

Thanks, and I just realized how much my concept of Analog and Codebreaker with the corrupt Space Police looks like Knight Rider mixed with the Dukes of Hazzard with maybe some Blade Runner thrown in for good measure. (I don't know, haven't seen the film... yet)

Here's a pic of Codebreaker and Analog fighting with a Space Police IV patrol car:

19644791794_23859fbe2a_z.jpg

Here we see the most infamous (or famous, depending on who you're rooting for) "criminal" on the SP IV "detain on sight list": the duo of techno-mage Analog and his hovercar Codebreaker. They are seen here fleeing a blockade of a planet thought to be secretly in cahoots with a rebel cell. The space police are chasing the two blockade runners, all the while leaving the door wide open for the rebel cell to evacuate. By the time the two outrun the chasing force, the planet's cell will be completely gone, and any remaining evidence of them being their in the first place will have been destroyed.

Another victory for Analog & Codebreaker!

Edited by Murdoch17

The First post has been updated with new pictures and a updated ldd file!

28168366682_0846e8d44d_z.jpg

One man, one machine, out against the forces of evil in the universe!

Cool MODs!

I'm a bit late but thank you!

Edited by Murdoch17

That is a nice version of the set.

I see you have changed a bit here and there and it looks better. :classic:

Nice. :thumbup:

On 5/4/2017 at 0:22 PM, sander1992 said:

That is a nice version of the set.

I see you have changed a bit here and there and it looks better. :classic:

Nice. :thumbup:

sorry for the late reply, but thank you!

First post has been updated with model:

35660918920_4fd5749ff8_z.jpg

replacing this earlier version:

34324618596_4d5a6a8f7c_z.jpg

Any thoughts?

Ohhh, those DCEU Batmobile doors look quite nice on this! I really like seeing people use those pieces outside of their originally intended purpose, especially on a non-Batman related MOC. Let us hope Lego will (if they even can) do the same! :thumbup: :sweet:

On 7/20/2017 at 9:39 PM, Karateduo1 said:

Looks great, always like looking at your stuff Murdoch, keep it up:thumbup:

Thanks!

On 7/20/2017 at 11:04 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Ohhh, those DCEU Batmobile doors look quite nice on this! I really like seeing people use those pieces outside of their originally intended purpose, especially on a non-Batman related MOC. Let us hope Lego will (if they even can) do the same! :thumbup: :sweet:

Thank you! I really like those doors, but since I updated the model to it's newest version (see first post), it's doesn't work as well.

The first post and LDD file have been updated to have the newer model, and here you can see the whole thing has been changed around:

35660918920_4fd5749ff8_z.jpg

Here is the old version...

36285901575_beda6c3dc0_z.jpg

...and the new one!

Any thoughts?

35530262683_298bbf4000_z.jpg

I just added the home base of Analog, Squidman's Pit-stop. Please see the first post for more details.

36342295296_04f810bc80_z.jpg

sorry for the third-in-a-row post, but the base now has a power source. I think that's all i can add right now, until this get's built in real life!