Exetrius

The Exetrius Saga: Onicius prologue (part 5)

Onicius prologue

part 1: The village raid

part 2: A merchant's knowledge

part 3: Meeting a wizard

part 4: 'Sand man'

Part 5: Making a move

Onicius ran like never before. Over his shoulder he saw the golem that was persuading. It reached out with it's big, spiked hand of stone to crush him. He thought he was done for, but suddenly it froze. The glow in it's eyes disappeared and it's body returned to a pile of cobbles. From behind the pile rose a dark figure. Under his hood was a faceless dark mass, he carried a staff on which a skull rested, his thin arms and legs barely visible in the mist that shrouded him. He spoke: "Looks like I need a new soul for my little golem, ahah, I see a volunteer! Don't be afraid, let me show you my skills of the Fourth magic type, beware, it's only a little... erm... Demonic, mwhahahah!" Everything in front of him started spinning. In a flash, he saw his own body lying on the ground. Then he sat straight up in his bed, sweating and breathing heavily. It had been a dream!

Apparently, it was (still) evening. To his surprise, Elia and Nerocarsus and his mother came into the room. The two had informed his mother about his talents for wizardry. Eventually they convinced her to allow him to join them, and a few others, on a rescue mission. Nerocarsus spoke: "We need you, Onicius. There is no time to explain everything here, we have to make our move!" Onicius quickly grabbed his staff and combat clothes, kissed his mother goodbye and opened the front door. On the street before him stood a big cargo carriage. The coachman gestured them to board, they departed silently through the village gates, into the nightly desert.

Five people sat in the back of the carriage: Nerocarsus, Onicius, Elia and two other man. In the middle stood a chest, on which a map and a burning candle rested. Elia began his briefing.

Elia

"Yesterday, your village was raided. The guards on duty had been wiped out, children were taken away. As a wizard and an acquaintance of Nerocarsus, I think it is my duty to help you. Though I saw the invaders from a distance, I was able to recognize one of their mages. The group we are dealing with has raided several Khaliphlinian villages before.They kidnap children, which, according to stories that I have heard, are forced to fight each other to death to entertain a rich Nocturnian landlord. The battles are held in an arena, located near a village somewhere in this mountain range (points at the map) close to the Khaliphlinian border. That is where we are going right now."

Nerocarsus

"If everything goes as planned, we will arrive at the edge of those mountains in the afternoon. The road is long and not very comfortable, but try to get some rest. Oh, almost forgot! Onicius, these three man, including our coachman, are the village's strongest warriors."

Rambar

"My name is Rambar, it's a pleasure meeting you!"

Muremo

"I am Lieutenant Muremo of the Eastern Khaliphlinian army. My superior gave me permission to be in my home town for a few days after we heard what happened. Sadly, the army ignores these 'small incidents', "civilians should deal with those" is what they said. So that is exactly what we are going to do!"

It was early in the morning. Onicius, still a little drowsy, made his way to the front of the carriage. He pushed some load aside and was greeted with a spectacular view. "Aren't they beautiful, the South Nocturnian Rakath Mountains?" said a familiar voice. The coachman turned out to be the blacksmith, Buras.

Buras

"Please take a seat next to me, Onicius."

Onicius

"Thank you sir Buras." Wow... I didn't know Nocturnus was so beautiful, I... I could live here!

Buras

"If it weren't so dangerous, yes indeed, me too!"

24550911522_1f0b2e0fb4_z.jpg

To be continued.... in the final part: Battle at Carakath

Bonus shots:

19896659509_666d72263f.jpg

19462366433_5dabf15516.jpg

20075430322_7b380c3784.jpg

Thanks for viewing, C&C appreciated :classic:

Edited by Exetrius

Nicely done! That covered wagon is superb and I really like the landscape too :thumbup:

One suggestion I have, would be to tile the inside of the wagon, but that's a pretty minor thing.

Looking forward to the next part! :classic:

That's a great looking wagon, and I will be looking forward to following the story further! :thumbup:

Cool wagon, the white canvas cover technique is very nice. :thumbup: Including the sign post with the Kaliphlin/Nocturnus colors was a nice little detail as well!

Nicely done! That covered wagon is superb and I really like the landscape too :thumbup:

One suggestion I have, would be to tile the inside of the wagon, but that's a pretty minor thing.

Looking forward to the next part! :classic:

Thank you very much for your suggestion! I tried it and it looks significantly better :classic:

That's a great looking wagon, and I will be looking forward to following the story further! :thumbup:

That`s a lovely wagon, great work

Great wagon!

Thanks guys :classic:

Really enjoying your stories!

Each part takes about two to three hours to write, but I am very pleased by all the positive feedback on them :classic:

Cool wagon, the white canvas cover technique is very nice. :thumbup: Including the sign post with the Kaliphlin/Nocturnus colors was a nice little detail as well!

The canvas was challenging, I'd have prefered a more SNOTed look, but I just didn't have the parts for that. Yet, I am satisfied with the way it turned out. I used the sign design of some other GoH moc, can't remember it's name or creator, unfortunately.

Pretty good ! :thumbup:

Great scene!

Thank you!

Edited by Exetrius

Really cool covered wagon, I like that you even included interior details :thumbup: The road is neat as well, with the clever sign :classic: