goatman461

[Challenge 2][Cat A] M.C.S. "The Libertine"

The Merchant Confederacy is vilified group of human-hybrid traders throughout the galaxy. The offspring of enslaved humans, those fortunate enough to escape their bondage banded together in a loose confederation of traders, merchants, pirates, brigands, and colonists. Their biological makeup varies widely and causes great unease to the elites in the A.L.I.E.N. societies.

A well renowned leader within the loose confederacy is Captain Bridge Callahan. Upon hearing rumors of a coming invasion, he has pieced together and commissioned a scout ship, "The Libertine," to investigate the G.A.T.E.

19846722049_6e36cfe0a3_c.jpg

C&C greatly appreciated.

That's all sorts of awesome! I'm a sucker for asymmetric space ships and this has just that touch of asymmetry that it needs.

Very unique design. I really like the details in the wings and the front section.

Fantastic! I love the retro sky-fi style, but built for sci-fi! The ship is sleek yet is fantastically greebled with such an incredible overall shape!

Awesome! :wub: Nice to see a different colour scheme popping up once in a while, and even better when it's on such a fantastic build! The greebling and engines are probably my favourite parts, but the asymmetry of the ship is also great! :thumbup:

I love the canopy solution and the area behind the cockpit. :wub: I like the blue and the grey because it's not a primary of any of our corporations so I just haven't really seen it used much here in AG. Refreshing. :wink: Very nice ship! :thumbup:

Edited by aeralure

Sexy colors for sure goatman. The cockpit seating arrangement confuses me, but I really like the greebling in the "hood"--reminds me of a supercharger sticking out of the hood of a muscle car. :thumbup:

Thanks everybody.

Sexy colors for sure goatman. The cockpit seating arrangement confuses me, but I really like the greebling in the "hood"--reminds me of a supercharger sticking out of the hood of a muscle car. :thumbup:

Sorry, I meant to respond to this a while ago and forgot. The cockpit arrangement is a little different. The navigator is facing aft and sits lower than the pilot, but he gets a better view out the top of the cockpit. The pilot, is high and back and has a full peripheral view out the front and sides of the ship.

Woah, what an awesome design! Great colors too!

Thank you (for both comments :)) and for the bump. I skipped freebuilding this week and was feeling left out.

Excellent ship goatman, the asymmetric wings are fantastic and the color-scheme is awesome! :sweet: Superb greebling, and the shaping strikes me rather as that of a gun (kind of a different approach to Cole's Boulder Blaster from Ninjago) and that is really a great thing! :wink::excited: There's no chance it actually fires, is there? :grin:

Excellent ship goatman, the asymmetric wings are fantastic and the color-scheme is awesome! :sweet: Superb greebling, and the shaping strikes me rather as that of a gun (kind of a different approach to Cole's Boulder Blaster from Ninjago) and that is really a great thing! :wink::excited: There's no chance it actually fires, is there? :grin:

Thank you. Sorry, no play features. I was unaware of the Boulder Blaster so I'd say the similarity merely comes from using WW2/Sky-fi planes as source material