Hi,

Does anybody knows about LEGO set which had been retired and came back after some time?

I wrote to LEGO with question about availability of 10228. And they responded me that it is no longer available etc. However, they also wrote that it is possible (or rather - because they wrote in Polish - not out of the question), that this set will back.

I wonder if it is only conventional phrase, or maybe there are some chances for return of Haunted House?

Haunted House is gone, so don't get your hopes up. In other, really long lasting themes (like Star Wars) they release new versions of things; in repeat ad-infinitum (TLG calls them "evergreen") series, like castle and pirates, they release new versions of sets (like every castle theme ends up with, of course, some castle).

But MF is dead - it's not an "evergreen" LEGO theme, so I really doubt we'll see the Haunted House again (although it's a shame, because I didn't pick it up, either). I do not doubt you'll see haunted houses in other themes, though (Scooby Doo already has the Mystery Mansion - it's completely different, though). I also wouldn't be surprised if a smaller haunted house comes along - I think, despite Monster Fighters failure, that monsters are pretty popular (note the next CMF theme).

So... the bottom line is that you never know what TLG will do, and it would be cool to see it released along with the upcoming CMF theme, or as an autumn seasonal release, but I really do not think it's going to happen.

despite Monster Fighters failure

Was Monster Fighters a fail?

How come? :look:

Because it ended. It's not that it wasn't good, but if the sales were high enough then TLG wouldn't have "retired" the theme.

LEGO has brought back popular sets before with their LEGENDS series in the early 2000s. There is precedence. Whether they'll ever to do that again is not another question.

Because it ended. It's not that it wasn't good, but if the sales were high enough then TLG wouldn't have "retired" the theme.

Maybe they just planned 1 wave.

About the Monster Figthers Haunted House returning, I don't see it happening while the replacemente of the theme (Scooby Doo) is on the shelves.

Or maybe there is a Scooby Doo Haunted House coming next year as a grand finale for the theme. Maybe it was a spoiler :look:

It is hard to call something a failure when it was released as planned, sold and ended. "Evergreen" doesn't mean success, it simply means a guaranteed sale.

While I too doubt the haunted house in the past form will return, there is a chance for new ones to arrive. I think you wouldn't do too badly if you looked for the parts to make your own and use upcoming figures to populate the mansion. (Figures are usually the hardest when part-purchasing for a set).

It would be great if LEGO Legends returned, but the list of sets we'd wish for might differ greatly!

It would be awesome if Lego Legends did return! I do not own the Haunted House either. I've heard TLG customer service mention about sets possibly returning before. However I have yet to see it happen. If you really like the set you could always start from scratch and collect the parts to build one yourself. It actually is more enjoyable doing that way for sets you are passionate about.

I would't have said Monster Fighters was a failure. It like other lines test the market to see if it does well. Most of the time these are just a one off series for the year. (like Scooby Doo)

Edited by Wodanis

Instead of Ideas (or in addition to it) maybe they should let fans vote on sets to re-release.

Instead of Ideas (or in addition to it) maybe they should let fans vote on sets to re-release.

That would be great thing!

Maybe we should done our own pool - which set should be re-released.

That'd be awesome!

They could re-release 1 set per year, like they did with The Enchanted Island in 2001

34362.jpg

I would also like to see a re-release of the Haunted House, even if it came in alternative colours and with alternative minifigures.

As someone else mentioned, a new "Haunted House" of comparable size an quality would be a great fit with the Scooby Doo line. Maybe towards the end of that line as a "deluxe" release with ALL of the Scooby Gang?

Of course, I would also like to see Lego re-release the retired Modulars, in alternative colours, with alternative minifigures and for the first few releases, with new interior details.

As someone else mentioned, a new "Haunted House" of comparable size an quality would be a great fit with the Scooby Doo line. Maybe towards the end of that line as a "deluxe" release with ALL of the Scooby Gang?

There are a lot of Haunted Houses in the Scooby Doo show.

It could be awesome!

I just don't see the MF Haunted House returning with all that potential in the SD theme

Edited by Robert8

I think seasonal Halloween/monster themed series would be cool. Like a Christmas village with cool accessories but fall themed.... Although a winter one would be neat too... but I think is being done.

Even if some kind of haunted house will come as a part of Scooby Doo I'm afraid it could be a bit too cartoonish.

Does somebody tried to bricklinking 10228? If so - with what result?

The MF Haunted house, really is an awesome set. That set, and the MF theme as a whole, got me out of my dark ages a few years ago. I was lucky enough to get the Haunted house the day of its release at the Lego store back when it came out. Its funny, but I just picked up a few of the Scooby Doo sets, and didn't even think to break that set back out. This thread has given me the idea to populate my haunted house with the Scooby gang, thank God I still have it fully built on a shelf.

Oh, and in answer to your question, about whether the Lego gang will re-release the 10228 Haunted house, NOT a CHANCE. As awesome as that would be to see again at retail for some, I think you would have a better chance of seeing God first, in person and in all his eye melting glory.

Edited by Dunedain

Companies want you, the customer, to remain interested in them. So within reason they'll almost always dangle the possibility that they'll do what you're hoping for. It doesn't mean they really will.

Usually, the customer service person responding to such a query doesn't know the real answer. So from their personal point of view, it might be possible. But more senior people at the company know there's no chance.

I don't know what the situation is with the set the OP asked about, but I would be astonished if it was ever re-released.

Haunted House is gone, so don't get your hopes up. In other, really long lasting themes (like Star Wars) they release new versions of things; in repeat ad-infinitum (TLG calls them "evergreen") series, like castle and pirates, they release new versions of sets (like every castle theme ends up with, of course, some castle).

But MF is dead - it's not an "evergreen" LEGO theme, so I really doubt we'll see the Haunted House again (although it's a shame, because I didn't pick it up, either). I do not doubt you'll see haunted houses in other themes, though (Scooby Doo already has the Mystery Mansion - it's completely different, though). I also wouldn't be surprised if a smaller haunted house comes along - I think, despite Monster Fighters failure, that monsters are pretty popular (note the next CMF theme).

So... the bottom line is that you never know what TLG will do, and it would be cool to see it released along with the upcoming CMF theme, or as an autumn seasonal release, but I really do not think it's going to happen.

This is spot on.

I don't remember where I found this, but I remember reading that someone from Lego directly stating that the Lego Legends line sold poorly. I tried googling for a source, but 99% of the results when you google Lego Legends involves Chima. I would say that waiting to buy whatever set just in case they release it is futile. The closest Lego will ever get to re-releasing a set would be in cases where they release a new version, e.g., what Lego does for Star Wars, like the 2000 UCS X-Wing and the more recent 2013 UCS Red Five X-Wing.

I was kind of hoping the mansion set from SD would be like the front half of the Haunted House set. I would still be happy if they did a new, less expensive HH set that has fewer pieces and is more just a facade than a full split-open house.

The SD one needs to be more a complete building, with the tower a little shorter and attached to the main structure, which should have an addition level.

WV Toy Shop came back from afterlife. Maybe it is a sign of another revivings?

Let's hope not. If they did a vote to pick a single set every year for re-release outside the normal series, that's one thing - but not getting a new primary winter set (as they do release those smaller, secondary sets) is very disappointing. If they released the Toy Shop along with something that was actually new, that'd be something.