Sir von Lego

Lego Space Knights in 2016

Hi,

Did anyone hear about a new theme called "Space knights"?

My local retailer told me about this new Space theme to come in 2016.

It will play in a far away Century, no more details Right now...

What do you think about it?

Greetings. Hendrik

They were probably referring to the new Castle theme being discussed here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=105102&st=0

Evidently it will be steampunky and fantasy related. This is likely why they called it "Space Castle." As a fan of both Sci-fi and Castle/fantasy, I will be sure to check the theme out. :classic:

Would a Mod like to merge the topics? I think they're the same. :classic:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Holy crap, this sounds interesting.

EDIT: It would be funny if it were true. I always assumed Lego didn't want to do Space lines anymore because it would cannibalize Star Wars sales. But Space Knights, huh. That sounds even closer to Star Wars.

Edited by danth

Holy crap, this sounds interesting.

EDIT: It would be funny if it were true. I always assumed Lego didn't want to do Space lines anymore because it would cannibalize Star Wars sales. But Space Knights, huh. That sounds even closer to Star Wars.

Or what about another spin like preastronautic/archeoastronautic "Daniken-like" theme where there would be actual Castle HARD-MIXED with Space (tho I am not able to come up with any trivia at all at the moment that could give it some background story :grin: )? :laugh:

Did anyone hear about a new theme called "Space knights"?

My local retailer told me about this new Space theme to come in 2016.

It will play in a far away Century, no more details Right now...

That really sounds (too) close to Star Wars, but indeed he probably means the new 'Castle' theme with 'Steampunk Elements' that has been rumored... well it doesn't really matter to me personally I'm both a Sci-Fi and a Castle fan so I'll be looking forward to this either way.

I disagree about the cannibalism

Star Wars and Space lived together for years, space police is the example I remember now. Also, with EPVII on the horizon and the GREAT expectations about it, I think is possible to have the 2 lines together

OK, I was told that this new theme is Castle with heavy steampunk. Futuristic, but no Spaceships or anything. I'd say that this theme is 80 percent Castle, 20 percent Steampunk.

I think we should merge this. Nothing new here. :classic:

OK, I was told that this new theme is Castle with heavy steampunk. Futuristic, but no Spaceships or anything. I'd say that this theme is 80 percent Castle, 20 percent Steampunk.

I think we should merge this. Nothing new here. :classic:

Agreed. :classic: Those who want to continue the discussion though, can do so in the castle forum.

~Insectoid Aristocrat

What are the chances "Space Knights" is some sort of code name for the new Castle theme?

I disagree about the cannibalism

Star Wars and Space lived together for years, space police is the example I remember now. Also, with EPVII on the horizon and the GREAT expectations about it, I think is possible to have the 2 lines together

But, for the first time is almost a decade, there is a new Star Wars movie coming

Edited by Robert8

It might be that it's actually called something like "Stellar Knights" - where the "space" part of the name is actually supposed to mean impressive - and "Space Knights" was just a simple mistranslation.

No need to merge two conjecture threads right now. Not proof they are the same, or either exists. Continue wild speculation until something real is known.

Something that mixes both Space AND Castle? Sign me up please :)

Actually in case they - TLG - won't do it then I will like do it myself at least virtually creating me a new pseudo space/castle subtheme...now gotta find a good name for it! :laugh:

This mystery was solved today.... The new theme is called Nexo Knights

Apparently it will be a Castle/Space

Edited by Robert8