Sign in to follow this  
JDude

I need a few tips

Currently, I am working on medium-ish castle/fortress/medieval building , but I need some tips.

So you can get a general impression of what I am doing, my design looks something like this.

post-141733-0-45178900-1437884314_thumb.png

I cannot find a way to make a floor on the rounded towerey thingey. Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Make the battlements two studs thick, and then hide the jagged edges under the extra brick. If that doesn't work just get angle plates that fit as close as you can get them. :)

Make the battlements two studs thick, and then hide the jagged edges under the extra brick. If that doesn't work just get angle plates that fit as close as you can get them. :)

What do you mean? That sounds confusing.

Edit* Not the angle plates, the two studs thick thing.

Edited by JDude

Not the angle plates, the two studs thick thing.

Sorry bout that. I mean instead of just using 1x2s or however long you'll use, use 2x2s. (The square ones) That way there'll be an overhang 1 brick thick, giving you room to work with the floor.

Sorry bout that. I mean instead of just using 1x2s or however long you'll use, use 2x2s. (The square ones) That way there'll be an overhang 1 brick thick, giving you room to work with the floor.

Oh okay, I get in now. Ill have to try that to see how it goes.

Oh okay, I get in now. Ill have to try that to see how it goes.

If you ever figure it out let me know, I'd like to see it! :D

You can also use 1x4 hinge plates or 1x4 hinge bricks to make a curved wall. I used it for a lighthouse and well in LDD, and while I still didn't start building the lighthouse, it worked perfectly good for the well. In my opinion, building a curved/round wall with this method is more stable compared to building it with 1x2 bricks (or maybe I just messed up building it with 1x3 bricks :tongue: ).