Sign in to follow this  
Ferdinando

[M-D03] "Graveyard"

Tags: science, exploration

Dr.Arvan ‘Yrich Arkov’s personal log: “For once, things seem to be going well. I and Steve are becoming great friends, sharing a strong interest for the different forms which alien life incarnates. The journey aboard the Belafonte proceeds normally and serenely… maybe too serenely. I miss a good scientific riddle, the stimulating feeling of being near to something that could change forever our outlook on reality!” End log.

Meanwhile on Terrial Major…

Lieutenant Ddrawigh: “Commander! I read something!”

Commander Adawwar: “At last. Looks like we find our unauthorized transmission source.”

Lieutenant Ddrawigh: “It comes from beyond this snowhill!”

19815417899_6d3a91d378_h.jpg20150725_194202-1 by tropeaferdinando, su Flickr

Commander Adawwar: “Well, this is unexpected.”

Lieutenant Ddrawigh: “How…How can this be? This ship is crashed, how can it even transmit something?"

Commander Adawwar: “This ship may be broken, but it is not dead yet. There is no snow on it... Touch, it's hot. I had heard prisoners back at the M.A.N.T.I.S. outpost talking about this…a distress signals that lures other ships into the same gravitational anomaly that made the original vessel crash-land here. This is a shipwreck graveyard.”

19379478294_d8cd067191_k.jpg20150725_194155 by tropeaferdinando, su Flickr

Lieutenant Ddrawigh: “The symbol on the hull… It looks like a letter of the human alphabet. Could this ship be human?”

Commander Adawwar: “It would be the most obvious explanation, if only I hadn’t seen that symbol before. A long time ago, in an exploration expedition you are too young to have participated in. It is indeed an “M”… but certainly not a human one. The fact they coincide is but a joke of the destiny. What lies inscribed on this derelict of the past is the legacy of legend… heritage of a god-like people. Behold the emblem of Magrathea.”

Lieutenant Ddrawigh: “M-Magrathea?”

Commander Adawwar: “Call the M.A.N.T.I.S. outpost, and Dr.Arkov as well; tell them we found information about Operation Architects.

Extra Pics:

19814017918_3916e389f8_h.jpg20150725_194148-1 by tropeaferdinando, su Flickr

19814007708_e24b60d2b9_b.jpg20150725_194227 by tropeaferdinando, su Flickr

Also introcucing the Fenriri people…

20007318231_4d481e84f9_b.jpg20150725_194327 by tropeaferdinando, su Flickr

…And (coming soon) the Mighty Magratheans!

20002091215_d7cd87af63_z.jpg20150725_194504 by tropeaferdinando, su Flickr

Edited by Ferdinando

First class wreckage and a great mosaic. This looks like something from Star Wars, it's a very well realised build.

Nice work on the pieces of ship, great build! Can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Thanks everybody!

Robuko: yes, the wreckage is inspired by the Starship Graveyard on Hoth from Star Wars:The Old Republic.

Edited by Ferdinando

Mmmm. I love me a derelict ship! :wub: great job here! The scene is exquisite, and the atmosphere is wonderfully eery! A ship graveyard is a great idea! The torches are actually my favorite part! What a lovely little touch!

If the Magratheans are what I suspect they are in relations to your story, by which I mean to say, an important race that will be central to your plot at times, then I think it's a funny coincidence that we both introduced our important alien race at the same time!

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Danny: this fact has already been classified as the fourth most improbable occurrence in the universe.

That isto say, a coincidence.

Very interesting story and great ship wreck. Cant't wait to see how this one will continue!

Great story! The suspense is killing me!

Beautiful terrain and fantastic crashed spaceship!!!

And that "M"...Wow!!! How did you line up the cheese slopes so smoothly?! I need to learn how to do that!

Danny: this fact has already been classified as the fourth most improbable occurrence in the universe.

That isto say, a coincidence.

:grin: Loving all these HHGTTG references! The wreckage and terrain are great but the mosaic to make the M is just perfect! :thumbup: