BEAVeR

Episode IX: In the Shadow of the Sun

Where can I find SoNE Episodes I-VII? I want do do some free builds of those.

If you click the "SoNE Contest" tag at the top of the page, it will pull them all up.

Can we get an exception to this

• All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the episode. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.

for CBC entries? The two competitions overlap well and it would be nice way to get more exposure for SoNE.

As always, it's important to follow the spirit of the law instead of the letter of it (of course I don't have to tell a lawyer about that :tongue: ). To give some background, the rule you quoted was installed in order to ensure that every entry entered in SoNE was built specifically for it. It's there to prevent people from constantly reusing the same vehicle they built a year ago. It's to prevent quick, lazy entries. SoNE is supposed to be about having fun building and telling a story together. It isn't about prestige, about XP. We just hope you're all having a good time. And that rule is a certain view of that idea.

Returning to your question. I checked out the Colossal Battle Contest I think you're referring to. The objective of that contest and that of ours seem perfectly compatible (at least, if you choose the military power category in this episode), so you're building that creation with our rules and objectives in mind. Therefore, it will be perfectly acceptable for you to enter your creation in two contests at the same time. In fact, if you were able to do two things at once, you wouldn't even be violating the rule. But as you can't do that, let's say there's a certain margin on that 'prior' :wink: .

So the short answer is yes, you can. But by giving this background information, I hope everyone has a framework to think about what is and isn't possible here. Don't be afraid to consult us, however!

If I choose the 1st objective, do I really have to show my character delivering the goods, or can I show him finding them?

Thank you.

It's okay if your entry is clearly connected to one of the objectives. For the smuggling, you can depict the character receiving the goods, transporting them, delivering them, getting in trouble with them... For intelligence, you could show your character spying, reporting, eliminating... For military, you could show your character preparing, entering the battle field, fighting... These are only examples, so there are plenty of opportunities, as long as your story connects to one of the objectives.

I hope I'll be able to build something, I'm very sorry I missed previous two episodes. But I guess I'll have to build some free-builds too, since my character is still far away.

Amazing news! Though I claim to be purist, I totally accept and love custom cloth (and stickers). So a great thank you to our sponsor!

I thought the martian man hunter would work for prince Xizor.

I really love how we work with the good old EU here.

By the way, custom stickers are still forbidden, aren't they?

I don't want to speak for everyone, so let me get back to you on that one. Consider them still no allowed except for your sig-fig for now.

And yes, hurray for the EU!

I can confirm that custom stickers are still only allowed on your sig-fig.

Just a quick question: I know all builds are considered WIP, but would adding a freighter ship and consequently changing the story a bit be too much?

Thanks!

Sorry for double post...

Edited by MontyPython

Just a quick question: I know all builds are considered WIP, but would adding a freighter ship and consequently changing the story a bit be too much?

No, changing your build no matter how drastically is no problem at all. You're right that your creation is still a WIP (though not for too long as the episode is coming to a close in less than a week!). And since in this episode the timing, category etc. of your build are irrelevant, it's okay to change it however you want.

So go ahead! I'm curious to see what you make of it. :classic:

Better hurry up if you still want to participate in this episode: the 19th is coming pretty close! Or are you all still in deep-cover, so that you can't talk about your missions :look: ? I won't tell anyone.

Announcement

The mission hasn't achieved the results that ware aimed for... Therefore, the factions postpone their 'move' by a week to give the agents more time to build work for the Black Sun just that little bit more to gain their trust, and in the hopes that agents that got sidetracked might still achieve some success in the mission.

So agents, instead of on September 19th, your assignment ends on September 26th. Give them everything you've got.