BEAVeR

Episode IX: In the Shadow of the Sun

shadowsofeurobricks_titlecard.png

gallery_60910_289_29449.png

blogicon.pngblogicon.pngblogicon.png

9427955309_119092d38d_o.png

av-stash2sixx.png

"Report on the status of the infiltration in the Black Sun. Have we been making any progress?"

av-rebeltrooper_yellow.png

"Almost none, Sir. It is as if they know what we're trying to do..."

av-stash2sixx.png

"So it is as we feared... Very well then, time for a different course of action. The reports form the field have convinced us we could greatly benefit from an alliance with the Black Sun. Imagine the intel we could gather about the plans of the Empire and the whereabouts of captain Solo. The problem is we have very little to offer in return. So tell our men to be of good use to the syndicate, and somehow show who the organization has to thank. But be cautious! The enemy is everywhere and we don't want to give away our plans!

av-rebeltrooper_yellow.png

"It will be done, Sir"

9436544921_a4f2874ef4_o.png

av-erdbeereis.png

"I just received our new orders. Instead of trying to destroy the Black Sun, we have to befriend them. Good. We haven't been making much progress anyway."

photo-thumb-11254.png?_r=1373570178

"Such a sudden change... Who knows what has gotten into Lord Vader's mind this time. I suppose something has become more important than Vader's distrust for the organization..."

av-erdbeereis.png

"My orders mention our construction project. We're already behind schedule, and could use some extra equipment. So make haste and don't let the Rebels get wind of it in any circumstance!"

Later, in the office of Prince Xizor, head of the Black Sun:

gallery_60910_289_110348.png

gallery_60910_289_9529.png

"So our friends have stopped being annoying and started being useful... Perfect. Let them toy around, let them sweat, thinking they can make a difference. Soon, they'll all ask for my help. I will become the most powerful man in the galaxy without ever having to ask for it..."

gallery_60910_289_52919.png

Bith: Okay guys. Now that you more or less know how things work here, it's time for a real job. And you're in luck, because I can offer you three different jobs. Pick whatever suits your bricks best.

Mon Cala: These things we're supposed to do, are they safe?

Bith: Believe me, this isn't some kind of trap. Just keep to the shadows. Don't ask any difficult questions, and you won't get any nasty answers.

Building objectives:

A small note in advance: this episode has no special rules. Each player can only submit one entry. That entry should depict your character trying to achieve one of the following objectives. All entries will be regarded as usual, independent of which category they follow. So choosing which category to build in can be done freely, without any tactical considerations. Just choose what is most interesting to you.

Your build should represent your character being involved in one of the following branches of the Black Sun on the designated planet:

• Equipment: Using the Black Sun’s specially modified freighters, you must smuggle goods to the Hutts on Nar Eurbrikka. Don’t worry about the payload. Just get it delivered without any questions.
  • Intelligence: Distrust has risen among the leaders of the Black Sun. Follow them to where they go from the meeting on Coruscant, and find out where their allegiance lies. Foil their evil plans, and report every single detail back.
  • Military: The Ororo transportation company failed to obey its orders from the Black Sun. As a message to remember them who is in charge, join the off-the-books but immensely powerful army to utterly destroy one of their bases located in the Vergesso Asteroids. Leave no survivors.

The Prizes:

• From the Core Rules:
    • Your faction will receive points based on two factors:
      • Builders: One point for each builder. Attention: Note that we changed the Core Rules: where each faction previously got two points per builder, it now only gets one in the end. We hope this results in a better appreciation of quality of the builds in contrast to the quantity, in response to the numerous remarks in the feedback thread.

[*]These two totals are added to each other, and the faction with the higher total is the winner.

[*]All the players on the winning faction will receive this tag gallery_60910_289_2336.png to commemorate their victory. You can only have one of these tags or one of the Community Build tags at a time, but a log will be kept of all the tags you've earned in your profile in the Characters topic.

[*]The player who receives the most total individual points, regardless of team, is guaranteed a spot among the next set of the blog's Showcased MOCs. (This member must still be able to provide a picture big enough and of suitable quality to be used in the Showcased banner.)

[*]Thanks to the generosity of RoyalBrickCustoms (link), we will be able to give away some unique SoNE-themed cloth minifig accessories. The player with the most XP earned in this episode on every faction will receive a pack. Furthermore, there will also be a separate sponsor's choice award for the person RoyalBrickCustoms thinks has incorporated the theme best. (Details subject to change)

[*]You will receive XP equal to the number of points you are awarded from the judges.

[*]Other prizes to be determined

19878185740_94af61d52e_o.jpg

The Rules:

• All rules in the Core Rules topic apply unless otherwise stated in this explanation.
  • The Empire's goal and the Alliance's goal is to depict their character doing one of the three stated jobs for the Black Sun, meanwhile trying to win the Black Sun over for the faction without the enemy noticing. So while on the job, it's possible to track down enemy infiltrators, eliminate them, give them false information... Remember to make your story appropriate for your rank.
  • There are no restrictions on the size/form/content of the builds, as long as they follow the above described goals and represent the respective location (underlined).
  • The Episode will run from July 25th to September 19th 26th. As long as it is still September 26th somewhere in the world, you can still enter.
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified from the episode and will not be eligible to receive points or XP.
  • Entries will be judged according to the Core Rules:
    • Your build will be scored in two stages, to make it easier on the judges by lessening the number of builds that must be scored in greater detail:
      • In the first stage, the judges will award a score from 1-10, with a '1' being "Minifig on a Plate", a '5' being "Your Average MOC" and a '10' being "Flawless Concept and Execution".
      • In the second stage, the top five builds of each faction (so ten in total) from the first stage will be scored based on basic predetermined criteria: up to 10 points for the concept and appropriateness to the objective, up to 25 points for your execution of the build, and up to 5 points for your presentation of the entry.
      • For builders who make it to the second stage, their second stage total is added to their first stage points, and that total is divided by two and a half. You can earn a maximum of 20 points in each episode.

[*]The amount of points you earn is also the amount of XP your character earns.

[*]This episode/contest is open to all players of Shadows of Nar Eurbrikka, even if they joined EB or signed up for the game after the episode has begun, with the exception of the Star Wars staff, who are not eligible to win XP or prizes; the EB admins and moderators, who are not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP; and the episode host, who is not eligible to win prizes but may earn XP.

[*]All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to being entered in the episode. You may be asked by a staff member to change your entry if it is too similar to an earlier creation.

[*]All entries must be built from real LEGO or with Lego Digital Designer. No clone brands, no third-party custom parts.

[*]All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Nar Eurbrikka subforum, the title prefixed by, "[soNE Ep. IX]". (For example, "[soNE Ep. IX] Shady Deals".) There's no need to state which one of the objectives you're following.

[*]Post pictures no larger than 1000x720, as specified in the EB Member Guidelines.

[*]You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited.

[*]All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.

Great one! Really looking forward to this. That animated Xizor fig is amazing. Where from?

I'm really time strapped. But since coming back I've been wanting to give a competition a go again. I'll see what I can do this time.

Hmmm... glad we have until Sept for this since there are 3 different choices. Going to have to think about which one to pick!

Time to start building for my first SoNE episode. Don't expect too much, as I don't have any experience building SW stuff. I'll see what I can do.

I'm happy to bring you some very exciting news! As you might have noticed in the updated first post, there will be some amazing prizes.

RoyalBrickCustoms (Flickr, Bricklink Store,

), expert producer of customized minifig cloth accessories, has kindly offered to sponsor this episode. This means the best builders (the best one of each faction and one picked by the sponsor) will receive some one-of-a-kind SoNE-themed cloth accessories for their favorite minifigs, so you can make everyone jealous with your coming builds. Note that the specific details are still subject to change, and you'll have to be a bit patient to see what the prize looks like, but we'll get back to you with updates. So everybody say thanks to RoyalBrickCustoms and be sure to check out his amazing work. As an appetizer, he's a poster he made for this challenge:

19878185740_94af61d52e_o.jpg

SoNE Poster [Challenge IX] by RBCustoms, on Flickr

Great one! Really looking forward to this. That animated Xizor fig is amazing. Where from?

Glad you guys like the episode. The Xizor minifigure is entirely custom-made and (alas!) digital. However, I made sure it could be made in reality, although I wager it would take an expert customizer. The hairpiece is a slightly modified Aurra Sing hairpiece (92471), with those little spheres removed and the top filed down, and dyed in black. The head is grass green with custom printing. The shoulder piece is the armor of the CMF football player (93565) of which the bottom part is cut away, dyed in dark purple with custom printing (the hardest part to get right IMO). The cloth is the CMF judge's (97690), colored in DBG (no doubt RoyalBrickCustoms could make something more interesting :wink: ). The torso is dark grey with custom printing (I only designed the printing on the front), with dark purple arms and grass green hands. The are dark purple with custom printing, and the hip piece is DBG, without any printing. That's probably more information than you were after, but let me make things right by giving you the full render of the minifig (click for large version):

med_gallery_60910_289_100564.png

Hmmm... glad we have until Sept for this since there are 3 different choices. Going to have to think about which one to pick!

Yes, take your time! We made this episode last pretty long on purpose, so that people on holiday still have a decent amount of time to participate, so that you can take a while to come up with a great story, and so that we can have the next episode ready right when this one ends, so that you won't have to wait so long this time (thanks for your patience, everyone!).

Amazing news! Though I claim to be purist, I totally accept and love custom cloth (and stickers). So a great thank you to our sponsor!

I thought the martian man hunter would work for prince Xizor.

I really love how we work with the good old EU here.

By the way, custom stickers are still forbidden, aren't they?

Amazing news! Though I claim to be purist, I totally accept and love custom cloth (and stickers). So a great thank you to our sponsor!

I thought the martian man hunter would work for prince Xizor.

I really love how we work with the good old EU here.

By the way, custom stickers are still forbidden, aren't they?

I don't want to speak for everyone, so let me get back to you on that one. Consider them still no allowed except for your sig-fig for now.

And yes, hurray for the EU!

So.. we post the builds in Watto's Junkyard, not here?

All SoNE related builds should be posted here in the Nar Eurbrikka forum including this contest. It used to be that contests would be posted in Watto's Junkyard, but we changed that when we got our own sub-forum. I tried to change all the verbiage, did I miss somewhere that still says to post it there not here?

All SoNE related builds should be posted here in the Nar Eurbrikka forum including this contest. It used to be that contests would be posted in Watto's Junkyard, but we changed that when we got our own sub-forum. I tried to change all the verbiage, did I miss somewhere that still says to post it there not here?

• All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Watto's Junkyard subforum, the title prefixed by, "[soNE Ep. IX]". (For example, "[soNE Ep. IX] Shady Deals".) There's no need to state which one of the objectives you're following.

• All entries must be posted as a new topic in the Watto's Junkyard subforum, the title prefixed by, "[soNE Ep. IX]". (For example, "[soNE Ep. IX] Shady Deals".) There's no need to state which one of the objectives you're following.

Ah, the old copy-and-paste-from-an-older-episode-error. Thanks for catching that, I've fixed it now.

Ah, the old copy-and-paste-from-an-older-episode-error. Thanks for catching that, I've fixed it now.

Great! Question : how do I get one of these:

: generate.png?str=a77a75a74a111a115a104a65a124a124a49a124a124a49a49a51a124a124a56a124a124a104a116a116a112a115a37a51a65a37a50a70a37a50a70a102a97a114a109a56a46a115a116a97a116a105a99a102a108a105a99a107a114a46a99a111a109a37a50a70a55a53a54a49a37a50a70a49a53a54a50a50a52a53a51a54a57a55a95a52a53a97a56a54a55a50a54a53a54a95a116a46a106a112a103a124a124a124a124