mediumsnowman

[O-H07] Rest and Relaxation

Tags: Civil, Exploration, Land/Water Vehicle (Surfboard, judges will have to decide if it counts :tongue:)

Log of Jebediah O'Reilly, Entry #011

I have landed on Quantus III. The awesomnium in plentiful, however I'm not here for awesomnium. After many weeks of pestering the board, my vacation request has finally been granted! After 10 long, hard weeks of exploring Andromeda, I guess they figured us Octan employees finally deserved a break! Quantus III is a lovely planet located near to the homeworld, perfect for vacationing.

19762060859_2e78014c4d_c.jpg

19922436676_3e71b23fd8_c.jpg

Jeb relaxes in the sun while Guy enjoys a popsicle.

19327689883_2d7ffb7be5_c.jpg

Wick Nole goes fishing and, well... I'm not sure exactly what Pombe is doing :laugh:

19760647448_51dac66695_c.jpg

Who knew Bob was a good swimmer? :tongue:

19941045772_d75f89c395_c.jpg

Meanwhile Dr. Long hits the surf!

Extra Pictures:

19760674588_2b303793c2_c.jpg

19941090992_1f75433202_c.jpg

No figures. My favorite detail is probably the Octan colored beach blanket :grin:

Thanks for looking! It was fun to make a more lighthearted build after last week. Comments and criticism welcome! :classic:

Ooohhh... Octan beach towels! Nice usage of the trans-pieces for the water and it getting lighter in towards shore. The rock in the front left feels a bit of an after thought. I think I would have either made it more prominent or dropped it. But generally a nice, relaxing build. I have to wonder how Pombe seems to be able to constantly be off at the beach though...

Wow Dr. Long surfing? wow how did you manage that? I know why the water is turning blue by pombe... :cry_sad: Kidding. Great build. :classic:

Ooohhh... Octan beach towels! Nice usage of the trans-pieces for the water and it getting lighter in towards shore. The rock in the front left feels a bit of an after thought. I think I would have either made it more prominent or dropped it. But generally a nice, relaxing build. I have to wonder how Pombe seems to be able to constantly be off at the beach though...

Thanks! You're right, I actually added the rock right before I took pictures. I now realize it looks kind of out of place... :cry_sad:

Nice change of pace for AG's current political situation. But of course, Octan can afford to relax.

Really nice build! I like the tree design and the water is great too :thumbup:

One suggestion for improvement, would be to have the sand step up a little bit from the water. Here's a good example of what I mean :classic:

Thank you! If I make any more water builds I'll definitely try to implement that. Unfortunately as I built this I was running low on tan plates. :cry_sad: Maybe it's time to visit Bricklink again... :classic:

Great work, I like this border much better. I like how much action you got into a small scene!

Great build! It's good to see everyone chilling out, and not a scorpion in sight! :grin:

Just one minor suggestion: in the first photo I'd have been tempted to crop out that bit of beige in the top left hand corner. You'd only lose that tiny bit of rock in the bottom right that isn't clearly visible anyway :classic:

Great build! It's good to see everyone chilling out, and not a scorpion in sight! :grin:

Just one minor suggestion: in the first photo I'd have been tempted to crop out that bit of beige in the top left hand corner. You'd only lose that tiny bit of rock in the bottom right that isn't clearly visible anyway :classic:

Thanks! That bit is actually the edge of my photobox. :hmpf_bad: I almost cropped it out but I'm kinda paranoid about having my EB photos exactly 800x600 :laugh:

Hahaha! Great job! The Octan crew on vacation! Good idea removing H3 from the scene... he doesn't want Dr. Long seeing him drink! :laugh: he'd have to be a bit more discrete than that!

Also, love how Badass Dr. Long looks here! Serious even while surfing! :laugh:

~Insectoid Aristocrat

Aw yeah...

This is how we do it.

Great scene with so many Octan players chillaxing! Now I need a Mai Tai or something.