Sign in to follow this  
ED-209

Nick Fury's Chevy Tahoe [MOC]

Remember that cool car chase scene in Captain America: Winter Soldier? The one where Nick Fury is driving a Chevy Tahoe? I loved that scene, and wish we saw more of Fury's spy-mobile! :wub:

So it's only natural that I went and made my own!

fury_01_by_edward_the_red-d92gv0v.jpg

fury_03_by_edward_the_red-d92gve8.jpg

Here you can see the lights used in unmarked law-enforcement vehicles (as well as a vent for the car's surprisingly robust air conditioning system):

fury_02_by_edward_the_red-d92gvbs.jpg

Now I may have seen too many old Bond films, but to me it wouldn't be a spy car without a few extra gadgets! So here are some missiles concealed behind the grille, just perfect for a little defensive driving:

fury_04_by_edward_the_red-d92gvet.jpg

Sadly in the movie the car gets thoroughly trashed before Fury can activate the car's flight mode, but that doesn't stop me from building it into my model!

fury_05_by_edward_the_red-d92gvgc.jpg

And of course, more missiles launched from the roof! Wooo!! :devil:

fury_06_by_edward_the_red-d92gvgy.jpg

I tried to get a minigun mounted in the centre console (like in the film), but couldn't make it work without losing the passenger seat. So I went with a little more artistic licence and mounted a flip-out minigun on each side:

fury_07_by_edward_the_red-d92gvhf.jpg

Danger stripes, because that's a dangerous area to be hanging around. And government vehicles certainly aren't exempt from Health & Safety regulations!

fury_08_by_edward_the_red-d92gvhj.jpg

With everything deployed, I feel the car has a bit of a "heavily armed helicopter gunship" vibe going on.

fury_09_by_edward_the_red-d92gvhw.jpg

I had an absolute blast making this model, any feedback is most welcome!

Awesome, the only thing missing is the pop up gun in the arm rest!

Jamie

I love it. I've recently been looking for a lego version for inspiration as I want to build my own. I also enjoyed seeing the hovering/flying feature.

Overall good work man and it definitely is the best version of the model out there. :sweet::thumbup: :thumbup:

Edited by Legocity2713

Wow, this looks awesome! It's impressive how you managed to fit all the popout features and wheel rotations without adding significantly to the silhouette. However, I'm having trouble picturing why the cabin interior would prevent a gun. Could you take a photo of the cabin? That way, maybe someone could offer a suggestion.

Thank you for all the feedback, I'm glad you enjoyed it! The project really started with the wheel mechanism and snowballed from there.

I could make some instructions if there's sufficient interest?

This reminds me of M.A.S.K!

I had M.A.S.K. toys when I was a kid, so I'm sure there's some influence showing in the design! :laugh:

However, I'm having trouble picturing why the cabin interior would prevent a gun. Could you take a photo of the cabin? That way, maybe someone could offer a suggestion.

Certainly. I was trying to have something that could be inconspicuous when folded down, then be able to unfold and point out the window. I did come up with a few designs, but wasn't 100% happy with them. One had the mechanism in place of the passenger seat, another ate up too much space behind the cabin (reducing the space needed for the other gadgets). I'm not saying that it can't be done, just that I couldn't figure out a solution that wasn't too much of a compromise. But I'm certainly open to any ideas!

fury_10_by_edward_the_red-d93smw0.jpg

This reminds me of M.A.S.K!

I was gonna write exactly that :)

Totally in the MASK spirit.

When I was a kid & playing Lego, MASK was still around, and tweakable vehicles (transformers as well) was all we were doing.

This is AWESOME! I love the flip up rockets, the minigun, the wheels, Everything! You did an outstanding job on this MOC!

This looks amazing. I especially love the hovering feature. 

There is much interest for instructions, may you please add them?

@HRC If you click on a user's name it will take you to their profile where you can see that ED-209 was last online in March 2018 and this thread is from 2015 so it may be that they have taken a break from Lego.

Why not download Stud.io or Lego Digital Designer and challenge yourself to reverse engineer the model? It's a small model and the photos are nice and clear. The only place you might have to speculate is probably underneath (no pics). I suspect the wheels are on 3L beams connected to the body by friction pins and rotate out.