In the last couple of weeks I have, amongst other projects, been working on the rerelease of Trailer Tr1. Here it is this latest project:

Model "Trailer Tr1 MkII type T1" is build with LEGO® in scale 1:17,5 and motorized using LEGO® Power Functions. It is not build after a specific brand or type of trailer. This build represents a two axle reefer (refrigerated) trailer with tandem axle slider.

The trailer features: solid axle suspension on all axles, three sets of lights, a kingpin, remotely controlled landing gear and parking break, remotely controlled tandem axle slider, and many details.

Scale: 1:17,5

Length: 826 mm

Weight: 2,78 kg

Parts: 1730

It’s color scheme matches that of „Truck T1 MkII” extremely well and so does its aerodynamic looks. The trailer’s weight is reduced by a light weight constructions of both the walls and roof and also by reducing it’s frame. The „container” is strong enough by itself so the frame is only used to attach necessities. These include the tandem axle slider, Power Functions and landing gear.

Within a couple of weeks two more editions of this very same trailer will be available. First will be type T2 that fits the color scheme of „Truck T2 MkII” just perfect. The third edition, type Tx will have standard "factory" colors to fit any other truck model available or is to be combined with your own truck design.

What is particularly new to this model is the avoidance of the hard to get Black Technic Steering Arm Small (BrickLink ID 6571). The newly designed rear axle now uses another part instead which will be available for many years!

To adjust the weight on different axle groups the trailer’s tandem axle group can slide along the trailer. The tandem axle group can be moved forwards and backwards to put the axles where the weight is best distributed. With this the distance between the kingpin and the axle group can be altered. This is referred to as the trailer wheelbase. The longer the trailer wheelbase, the less maneuverable the truck-trailer combination.

This model is another custom design that comes with building instructions and inventory/parts list!

Early in the building process you will see what it is that you are building. You will be very excited from the moment you start the build of "Trailer Tr1 MkII" till you finish it with about 230 different parts totaling 1730 pieces.

Cheers, Ingmar Spijkhoven

PICT03.JPG

PICT04.JPG

PICT05.JPG

PICT06.JPG

That looks great, as usual! :thumbup: The gap between the trailer wheels and the container seems a bit big, but that's maybe just my European perspective: here the rear wheels often are very close to the trailer body.

How much can the tandem move forward and backward? I never knew that such setups existed. You learn something every day :classic:

Wow! Really nice trailer... It looks like the real one and fits to the truck very well... I like the cooling unit in front (or what it is)... Good work! :)

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Ingmar............You've done it again, producing a beautiful looking ( like the truck it matches :wub: ) and accurate looking trailer, like the ones I see everyday on highways in the USA.

Great job my friend. This will be in my fleet for Brickworld Indy 2016 :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well, thanks friends for these kind words! That is very much appreciated... It is indeed especially designed to go with this truck. It is not the most exiting build I did, but in a combo as this I think it is amazing...

And as you guys mention it is as can be seen on highways and aren't those impressive...??? :laugh:

That looks great, as usual! :thumbup: The gap between the trailer wheels and the container seems a bit big, but that's maybe just my European perspective: here the rear wheels often are very close to the trailer body.

How much can the tandem move forward and backward? I never knew that such setups existed. You learn something every day :classic:

You are absolutely right about the gap. This all has to do with the fifth wheel solution I use. This fifth wheel is sitting rather high on the chassis and I had to adapt the trailer to it as well. I couldn't do better, but would have if it was possible... :wink:

There'll be a video soon showing things clearly, but for now it moves 5 studs. This is limited, should have been more maybe, but never the less 5 studs is noticeable!

Wow! Really nice trailer... It looks like the real one and fits to the truck very well... I like the cooling unit in front (or what it is)... Good work! :)

Max...

Yes you are right about it, it is indeed the cooling unit. It was much fun building this detail and it also "breaks" the trailer so to speak.

Ingmar............You've done it again, producing a beautiful looking ( like the truck it matches :wub: ) and accurate looking trailer, like the ones I see everyday on highways in the USA.

Great job my friend. This will be in my fleet for Brickworld Indy 2016 :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice that it suites you to have it as well and that your are going to promote it in 2016!!! :classic::wub::wink:

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

In my opinion your best trailer so far! Great job!

What makes it for the best so far? Thanks for the kind words!!! :thumbup::classic:

I love the curved side and the details you put into this trailer. Quite heavy, isn't she?

That is a typical US "detail" those curved sides and yes I love them myself to, it sort of breaks the "box" of this trailer. Yes with 2,8 kg she is even heavier then her predecessor. Mainly because she is 10 studs longer and 3 studs higher to make it more realistic, but the way I build it makes it lighter compared to the previous constructions used. Never the less it is still great to "drive" around with... :wink:

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

Even though at first this type of trailer was not my favorite, it appears to have less challenges which was not true, I wanted to build one to match Truck T2 MkII v2.0 too. So here it is for you to enjoy!

PICT01.JPG

PICT09.JPG

PICT08.JPG

PICT11.JPG

Oh, more pictures here :grin: Nice work! As I said in the other topic, without the big side skirts it looks better, in my opinion.

How many parts are in this trailer? I see tons and tons of plates and tiles...

Oh, more pictures here :grin: Nice work! As I said in the other topic, without the big side skirts it looks better, in my opinion.

How many parts are in this trailer? I see tons and tons of plates and tiles...

Yes and if you would visit me at Flickr or check my blog there are even more... :wink:

About 220 different parts totaling a little over 1700 pieces... That also explains why it still is 2,8kg even though I put in effort in keeping it light in weight.