Zepher

Heroica RPG - Quest #139: Around the World

"I need a Gaia Bomb and a Demeter Bomb," he decides.

"Shouldn't be too much trouble! Only 300 gold, if you have it!"

Matthias nods and hands over 300 gold for 1 Gaia Bomb and 1 Demeter Bomb.

1432 - 300 = 1132 gold remaining

"You are a New God. Try to lift the anvil without the gloves. You will find that you can do it now." Matthias feels the powers of the anvil and fountain coursing through his blood.

Carefully removing the DDSSA, Matthias momentarily dislodges his top hat, and in the fleeting interval as he stands without the exoskeleton, hat in his hands, the New God looks even smaller than normal to all around. But he pops his stovepipe back on his pate, collapses the DDSSA to carrying configuration, and pushes it towards Daneeka. He finds he is not surprised that the Anvil now responds to his hands, not as if it weighed nothing, but as if it weighed exactly the right amount for him. And while it still looked exactly the same size, it also seemed somehow perfectly proportional to the gnome. Matthias lifts it to the light, turns it this way and that, and then sets it down again. "Master Melquiades, I will visit the forge," he says, leaving the anvil in the council chamber for later.

Once the dizziness of void travel wears off and only one timeline is before his eyes, Matthias addresses the Forge Master. "I've heard you can forge the ether into gems. I have a garnet, two opals, and a ruby which I would like to work. Is it possible to forge more than one gem at once? I would like to try my mind against both opals and the ruby all together if such a thing can be done."

Etherial Opal, Round Seven

>Hybros VS Sprites C & B (front): Critical Dual Hit (Both are KOed)

>Hybros VS Sprite A (front): Dual Hit (KO)

Hybros ends the battle with some decisive strikes, claiming his opal.

ava-hybros.jpgHybros (played by JimButcher)

54-year-old male imp Marauder *Permanently Hastened* *Immune to Cursed, Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, Weakened, Poisoned, Bleeding and all elements* *Intimidation* *Fragile!*

Level: 44 1/5

Power Bonus: +3*, +8 in front row

Defense: 0

Health: 58/70

Ether: 0/0 (+2*)

Gold: 1404

Equipment: Mythrilized Zoot's Reaper (WP:30, permanently deals Cursed and Poisoned:7; longsword, suitable to Hybros), Sword of Ancestral Hatred (WP:48.5, darkness-, fire-, ice-, wind-elemental, gains 1/4 WP every kill made with it; longsword), Golden Armor (user is permanently Hastened and Cursed, fire-, water-, earth-, wind-, ice-, lightning-, wood-, darkness-, light-elemental, immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened; bodywear), The Black Hat (grants Intimidation, immune to darkness and Cursed; headwear), Crystal Shoes (Immunity becomes Absorption, Footwear), Sterile Gloves (immune to Poisoned and Bleeding hand wear), Phoenix Emblem (Automatically revives the user with one health if knocked out, once per battle, accessory)

Abilities: First Breath (Hybros may sacrifice a turn of combat to focus and gain +3 power. Power resets at the end of a battle or when the hero is KO'd)

Inventory:

Iustitia (WP:12, causes blinded-effect; light-elemental dagger), Heavy Flail (WP:5, deals Fragile on successful hits; mace), Twin Kunai (WP:6, dual strike; darkness-elemental daggers), Hollow Dagger (WP:6, hollow [Phoenix Incense]; dagger), Clock Cog (WP:14; throwing weapon), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all; throwing weapon), Spinning Bolas (WP: 5 deals the Slowed effect, but the effect is removed when retrieved; throwing weapon), Skirmisher's Shield (SP:10; shield), Blade of Tranquility (WP: 2, deals the Sealed effect, Long-sword),

• Sticky Gloves (gains 50% more gold, suitable for Rogues, handwear), Metal Claw (Unarmed attacks drain health from the enemy equal to 50% of the strength of the attack (rounded up); handwear), Baron's Epaulets (Suitable for short heroes, grants Command over short NPCs), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP:1, suitable to Rogues; backwear), Cloak of the Red Assassin (Chance of Assassination is 1/3, suitable for Assassins; backwear), Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from Weakened-effect; handwear), Alchemist's Cheatsheet (1/3 chance to make two of the same Mixture on rolls of Shield, accessory, suitable to Alchemists), Lichen Armor (The wearer’s ether is counted as additional health if health is depleted; suitable to classes with ether; bodywear), Marauder’s Mantle (Grants permanent reinforced-effect, doubling defense; suitable to marauders; backwear), Dastan Helmet (SP: 4, Immune to Earth), Dastan Greatsword (WP: 10, +2 WP for all other Dastan Equipment), Dastan Armor (SP: 3 Bodywear, Immune to Earth and Fire, +2 SP for all other Dastan Equipment, Suitable for Knights, Regulators, Winged Warriors, Dragoons, and Vindicators), Gloves of the Dragon Mother (Handwear, Allows the Wearer to Handle the Dragon's Heart Flame), Coat Hanger (Allows for a second body wear, accessory), Fighting Boots (Power +5 on the front row; suitable to barbarians, knights, rogues, beast warriors, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators and winged warriors), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains triple experience, accessory)

• Garnet, Scroll of Sloth, Scroll of Minimizing

20x Potion, 7x Grand Potion, 2x Health Core, Hyper Arc Tonic, 3x Elixir, 2x Arc Elixir, 6x Remedy, 3x Neutralizer, 2x Purging Water, Tiger Balm, Phoenix Incense, Fenghuang Essence (After being consumed, automatically revives the target with full health once when knocked out; cannot revive targets that are already knocked out), 2x Last Resort, 2x Nostrum, 3x Mead, Soma, 5x Mulled Wine, 2x Cloud of Celerity, 2x Bravado Brew, Smile of the Gods, Earthwyrm Fang (Grants the encouraged-, lucky-, reinforced-, and blinded- effects for the duration of one battle), 2x Minimizing Dust, Bad Breath, 2x Wyvern's Breath, Gold Ring (Worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), 4 Smoke Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Demeter Bomb (100 wood-elemental damage), Rudra Bomb (100 lightning-elemental damage), 2x Fog Bomb, Mystic Bomb, Baffle Bomb, 2x Bone, Skeleton Decoy, 2x Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy)

• Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"Good. 200 gold for the Opal, unless I'm mistaken." All gems same price, Zeph?

"I have got my own." Hybros held up Dyric's lent Opal. "But I will purchase your Aquamarine, and would like to forge it."

Hybros tosses his Rudra Bomb at the water sprites as soon as he is able. He also makes sure SOAH and Iustitia are equipped while doing so, in the back row.

When finished, he requests to forge his own Garnet, and throws his Demeter Bomb at the Rock Sprites.

OOC: Just need to finish these two battles and I'll be out of your hair, Endgame.

The Master opens the forge again, only to watch the imp casually toss a couple of bombs in before the sprites can even mount their offense. They seem to extending an appendage of sorts on the middle of their ethereal hands before the blast knocks them out.

ava-hybros.jpgHybros (played by JimButcher)

54-year-old male imp Marauder *Permanently Hastened* *Immune to Cursed, Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, Weakened, Poisoned, Bleeding and all elements* *Intimidation* *Fragile!*

Level: 44 1/5

Power Bonus: +3*, +8 in front row

Defense: 0

Health: 58/70

Ether: 0/0 (+2*)

Gold: 1204

Equipment: Mythrilized Zoot's Reaper (WP:30, permanently deals Cursed and Poisoned:7; longsword, suitable to Hybros), Sword of Ancestral Hatred (WP:49, darkness-, fire-, ice-, wind-elemental, gains 1/4 WP every kill made with it; longsword), Golden Armor (user is permanently Hastened and Cursed, fire-, water-, earth-, wind-, ice-, lightning-, wood-, darkness-, light-elemental, immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened; bodywear), The Black Hat (grants Intimidation, immune to darkness and Cursed; headwear), Crystal Shoes (Immunity becomes Absorption, Footwear), Sterile Gloves (immune to Poisoned and Bleeding hand wear), Phoenix Emblem (Automatically revives the user with one health if knocked out, once per battle, accessory)

Abilities: First Breath (Hybros may sacrifice a turn of combat to focus and gain +3 power. Power resets at the end of a battle or when the hero is KO'd)

Inventory:

Iustitia (WP:12, causes blinded-effect; light-elemental dagger), Heavy Flail (WP:5, deals Fragile on successful hits; mace), Twin Kunai (WP:6, dual strike; darkness-elemental daggers), Hollow Dagger (WP:6, hollow [Phoenix Incense]; dagger), Clock Cog (WP:14; throwing weapon), Banana Bladerang (WP:9, damage all; throwing weapon), Spinning Bolas (WP: 5 deals the Slowed effect, but the effect is removed when retrieved; throwing weapon), Skirmisher's Shield (SP:10; shield), Blade of Tranquility (WP: 2, deals the Sealed effect, Long-sword),

• Sticky Gloves (gains 50% more gold, suitable for Rogues, handwear), Metal Claw (Unarmed attacks drain health from the enemy equal to 50% of the strength of the attack (rounded up); handwear), Baron's Epaulets (Suitable for short heroes, grants Command over short NPCs), Cloak of the Blue Assassin (SP:1, suitable to Rogues; backwear), Cloak of the Red Assassin (Chance of Assassination is 1/3, suitable for Assassins; backwear), Pugilist's Gloves (Power +2, protects from Weakened-effect; handwear), Alchemist's Cheatsheet (1/3 chance to make two of the same Mixture on rolls of Shield, accessory, suitable to Alchemists), Lichen Armor (The wearer’s ether is counted as additional health if health is depleted; suitable to classes with ether; bodywear), Marauder’s Mantle (Grants permanent reinforced-effect, doubling defense; suitable to marauders; backwear), Dastan Helmet (SP: 4, Immune to Earth), Dastan Greatsword (WP: 10, +2 WP for all other Dastan Equipment), Dastan Armor (SP: 3 Bodywear, Immune to Earth and Fire, +2 SP for all other Dastan Equipment, Suitable for Knights, Regulators, Winged Warriors, Dragoons, and Vindicators), Gloves of the Dragon Mother (Handwear, Allows the Wearer to Handle the Dragon's Heart Flame), Coat Hanger (Allows for a second body wear, accessory), Fighting Boots (Power +5 on the front row; suitable to barbarians, knights, rogues, beast warriors, chi monks, dragoons, harlots, infiltrators, marauders, skirmishers, regulators and winged warriors), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains triple experience, accessory)

• Ethereal Garnet, Ethereal Opal, Ethereal Aquamarine Scroll of Sloth, Scroll of Minimizing

20x Potion, 7x Grand Potion, 2x Health Core, Hyper Arc Tonic, 3x Elixir, 2x Arc Elixir, 6x Remedy, 3x Neutralizer, 2x Purging Water, Tiger Balm, Phoenix Incense, Fenghuang Essence (After being consumed, automatically revives the target with full health once when knocked out; cannot revive targets that are already knocked out), 2x Last Resort, 2x Nostrum, 3x Mead, Soma, 5x Mulled Wine, 2x Cloud of Celerity, 2x Bravado Brew, Smile of the Gods, Earthwyrm Fang (Grants the encouraged-, lucky-, reinforced-, and blinded- effects for the duration of one battle), 2x Minimizing Dust, Bad Breath, 2x Wyvern's Breath, Gold Ring (Worth 15 gold; can be given to someone to make them enamored with the giver), 4 Smoke Bombs, 2 Holy Bombs, Demeter 2x Fog Bomb, Mystic Bomb, Baffle Bomb, 2x Bone, Skeleton Decoy, 2x Feather of White (Allows the user to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits. The effect ends if the user targets an enemy)

• Bedroll, Shovel, Pickaxe

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"...One way of doing it."

Edited by Endgame

"Indeed." Hybros replied, relieved to have finally found a good use for those bombs he had been holding onto. "Thank you Forge Master, I think it is time I return to Eubric. Melquidas, Council Room."

He arrived back to meet his fellow heroes. "It was good questing with all of you. I suppose we have a lot to think about on the journey home." He nodded in turn to the heroes, the Old Gods, and the Guffington Manor crew. "You all know where to find me if something comes up, eheh. I will be ready."

Hybros approached Captain Elba, ready to depart.

OOC: I would also like to see how much the Nondescript Cape/Scroll of Cursing cost, but otherwise I'll be posting back in the Hall. Also, I'd like to know about the XP from last battle and the additional reward, if there is one after all. Thanks for running the Forge, Endgame, and thanks again Zepher for the quest! :sweet:

OOC: Zeph, if I could get an answer from Zeus on the bomb so I can convert my Opal, it'd be very much appreciated, as well as the quotes on the Cape for Hybros. :classic: (As mentioned in General Discussion, I can't seem to find the Scroll of Cursing I thought existed. :blush: )

Arthur is about to respond to Matthias, when Zeus responds to the gnome but not him. "I suppose that's your answer right there," Arthur says with a chuckle.

Miirym coughs to get Zeus' attention, a cloud of thick smoke arising around her as she does.

IMG_2632_zpsc7pecoqp.jpg

"Of course! Wouldn't be fair to charge you any more! Or any less!"

Matthias nods and hands over 300 gold for 1 Gaia Bomb and 1 Demeter Bomb.

Carefully removing the DDSSA, Matthias momentarily dislodges his top hat, and in the fleeting interval as he stands without the exoskeleton, hat in his hands, the New God looks even smaller than normal to all around. But he pops his stovepipe back on his pate, collapses the DDSSA to carrying configuration, and pushes it towards Daneeka. He finds he is not surprised that the Anvil now responds to his hands, not as if it weighed nothing, but as if it weighed exactly the right amount for him. And while it still looked exactly the same size, it also seemed somehow perfectly proportional to the gnome. Matthias lifts it to the light, turns it this way and that, and then sets it down again. "Master Melquiades, I will visit the forge," he says, leaving the anvil in the council chamber for later.

Once the dizziness of void travel wears off and only one timeline is before his eyes, Matthias addresses the Forge Master. "I've heard you can forge the ether into gems. I have a garnet, two opals, and a ruby which I would like to work. Is it possible to forge more than one gem at once? I would like to try my mind against both opals and the ruby all together if such a thing can be done."

IMG_2639_zpssaji4sv1.jpg

"'Fraid not. You'll have to deal with them one at a time."

Hoke hefts the amulet in his palm. A light black mist seems to trail it, and it felt heavier than it looked. The orb in his glove seemed to appreciate the dark company.

"My thanks to you sir. And no, I am never done making trouble," Hoke says with a wink, "Is there anything I owe you?"

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"Don't use it stupidly. That's all you owe me. And if you get the chance, tell me how it works out."

OoC: I'll post all final stats once everything is said and done, UNLESS you'd like them updated so you can sign up for a new quest. Then just let me know, and I'll prioritize them. I know it seems ridiculous how little time I have - I agree it's ridiculous. Just major crunch time at school. It's 2 AM and it's the first real break I've had!

OoC: I'll post all final stats once everything is said and done, UNLESS you'd like them updated so you can sign up for a new quest. Then just let me know, and I'll prioritize them. I know it seems ridiculous how little time I have - I agree it's ridiculous. Just major crunch time at school. It's 2 AM and it's the first real break I've had!

OOC: When you get the chance I'd just like to know how much XP Hybros has gained (signed up for 148). I think the other stats are all good - I've updated my stats page after making a trip to the marketplace.

"'Fraid not. You'll have to deal with them one at a time."

"I thought you might say that. I suppose I will start with my Garnet." Matthias enters the ethereal forge, sees the earth sprites, throws his Demeter Bomb, and collects the Ethereal Garnet. Then, in quick succession, he moves back to the council room, nabs an extra pair of Gaia Bombs for another 300 gold from Zeus, and returns to the Forge, entering three times - once with a Ruby and twice with Opals - and throwing Gaia bombs to overcome the resulting sprites each time.

1132 - 300 = 832 gold remaining

Ruby - Afraid/Enraged

Garnet - Sealed

Opal - Fragile

Over at Anwyl's, the imp request the "dwarf" to forge the Ethereal Garnet into Iustitia and the Ethereal Aquamarine into the Sword of Ancestral Hatred. He also takes the Opal from the SOAH and replaces it with its ethereal version.

How does the Ruby work, exactly? Does Matthias get to pick which effect it makes? Or is it random? Or both (doesn't seem to make sense)? And everyone will hate me, I know, but I'm going to ask permission instead of forgiveness: ethereal gems can be merged into weapons by Anwyl and artefacts by Fabian, right? Making the weapon deal the associated effect(s), and making the artefact protect from those effects? Or have we all just made a bunch of spellcasters super happy?

"The Scroll [of Blinding] will be 200 gold, the Greaves [of the Aubergine Dragoon]... I'd say a good 400 gold."

Forging complete, Matthias weighs his purse and decides there is yet more shopping to do. Calling Melquiades again - surely the void master is sick of him by now - the gnome returns to Zeus. "How much for a Shining Polish?"

How does the Ruby work, exactly? Does Matthias get to pick which effect it makes? Or is it random? Or both (doesn't seem to make sense)? And everyone will hate me, I know, but I'm going to ask permission instead of forgiveness: ethereal gems can be merged into weapons by Anwyl and artefacts by Fabian, right? Making the weapon deal the associated effect(s), and making the artefact protect from those effects? Or have we all just made a bunch of spellcasters super happy?

OOC: As far as the latter, Zeph already said the effects transfer to imbuements. :wink:

IMG_2632_zpsc7pecoqp.jpg

"Of course! Wouldn't be fair to charge you any more! Or any less!"

Arthur hands over the gold for the Agni Bomb. "Thank you again, Zeus. I'm going to miss you and your shop once I get back to Eubric. Melquiades, I need you to take me to the Forge one more time."

"Sorry to bother you again, Forge Master, but I think I'd like to convert my own Opal to an Ethereal Opal."

Once in battle, Arthur immediately throws his newly-purchased Agni Bomb.

OOC: As far as the latter, Zeph already said the effects transfer to imbuements. :wink:

I thought I remembered something like that being said already, but I couldn't find it tonight. :dumb:

Arthur waltzes into the forge, lights the fuse, and tosses the bomb in. The sprites are incinerated and an ethereal opal rolls out.

16306387965_97c0811ab4_t.jpg

Arthur Justus Regulus VII Ziegfried, a Hero Who Is Actually Worth Something (played by Flipz), Level 42.2 Dragoon, 23-year-old male Human *Immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, Stunned, Slowed, Hastened, Blind, Confused, and Defense Reduction* *Immune to Magic and Healing* *Slowed*

Power Bonus: +6

Health: 38/68

Defense: 58

Gold: 32 (Owed 128 gold by Boomingham)

Equipment: Dauntlet Index (WP: 20, doubled against humanoids, Darkness-elemental; spear), Blue Hand Shield (SP:15, Immune to Hexed, Petrified, Minimized, Jinxed, and Stunned; shield), Tin Armor (SP:6, multiplied by the number of “tin” artifacts equipped; suitable to knights, dragoons, skirmishers and vindicators; bodywear), Shadeaux Cape (SP:13, Immune to Blind, Confused, and Defense Reduction, suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear), Tin Greaves (Immunity to Stunned-, Slowed-, and Hastened-effects; footwear), Duplovian Helmet of the Guard (SP:2, Immune to Magic and Healing; headwear, suitable for anyone), Mail of the Renegade Commander (SP: 3, Free hits deal half damage, Bodywear), Coathanger (Allows for a second body wear, accessory),

Abilities: First Breath (Arthur may sacrifice a turn of combat to focus and gain +3 power. Power resets at the end of a battle or when the hero is KO'd).

Inventory:

Weapons: Zoot's Rebel (WP:20 "halberd", suitable to Arthur only), Clockwork Lance (WP:12, Light-elemental, has 1/3 chance to cause slowed-effect on the target; lance), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, Spear, causes bleeding-by-5 effect), Stag Antlers (WP:10, grants Intimidation; halberd), Metasimian Dory (WP:10, pierces defense; spear), Spider Leg (WP:10, doubled against flying enemies, Lightning- and Wind-elemental; spear), Duplovian Swift Halberd (WP:3, halberd, stuns on successful hits, Hollow [--]), Sven's Dagger (WP: 14, Fire-Earth Elemental)

Artifacts: Sylvania's Cowl (Permits Animal Talk, Headwear), Stingy Gloves (Prevents enemies from ever stealing gold from you; handwear, wearable by everybody), Overkill Gloves (Grants Overkill gold on kills; handwear, suitable for anyone) (currently loaned indefinitely to Namyrra), Winged Sandals (Protects from bound- and slowed-effects; footwear), Fur Leggings (SP: 1, Beast enemies do not deal free hits to the wearer; footwear, suitable for anyone), Shackles of War (Prevents anyone from fleeing battles; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Macabre Collar (Provides immunity to Insta-Kill and Doomed; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Scarf of Misfortune (Wearer deals the Jinxed effect on every third round; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Trickster's Mask of the Elf (changes the wearer into an elf of the same gender when worn; Accessory, suitable for anyone), Sandman’s Parasol (Protects from asleep- and fast asleep –effects; accessory), Enchanted Bracelet (Protects from sealed-effect; accessory), Comfy Pillow (If the user is inflicted by asleep- or fast asleep-effect, they regain full health and ether; accessory.), Unicorn Helmet (SP:1; the wearer can only receive one negative effect at a time, with a new effect replacing the old one; headwear, usable by barbarians, knights, dragoons, infiltrators, regulators, skirmishers, and winged warriors), Tin Gloves (Power +1, multiplied by the number of “tin” artifacts equipped; suitable to knights, dragoons, skirmishers and vindicators; handwear),

Unsuitable Weapons/Artifacts: Weatherfax Broom (WP:25; makes weather forecasts instant instead of being applied at the end of the round; suitable to weather mages; broomstick), Sword of the Vampir (WP:17, user is Jinxed), Sir Roderick's Sword (WP:12, Longsword), Staff of the Cultist Battlemage (WP: 7, staff, 50% chance of Fleeing upon being KO'd), Staff of Ennon - (WP: 5, Light-Elemental, staff, Restores 2 ether on a roll of 2, 3, or 4), Pointy Hat (+2 Max Ether), White Ninja Cowl (The wearer can choose to hide for up to three rounds, avoiding Free Hits; the effect ends if the user targets an enemy; suitable to rogues, beast warriors, chi monks and infiltrators; headwear),

Spell Items (unsuitable): Etherial Opal (Ice+Fragile), Etherial Garnet (Earth+Sealed), Ruby (Fire), Etherial Topaz (Lighting+Stunned) Etherial Sapphire (Wind+Slowed)

Tools: Bedroll, Telescope, Shovel, Magnifying Glass, Pickaxe, Magic Compass, Of Power and Mortals

Consumables: Potion, 14x Grand Potion, Tonic, Grand Tonic, 10x Remedy, 9x Mead, 6x Nostrum, Hurricane, 3x Neutralizer, Exterlate, Noxious Venom (When used on a weapon, the weapon deals the Poisoned-by-10 effect for the duration of the battle and the Confused effect for the next three rounds, for the duration of one battle.), Crumbling Venom (-3 HP/-1 SP per round), Blind Fury, Love Potion, Grating Stone, Ella's Pie (Permanently boosts max. ether by 5 but permanently decreases max. health by 5 when consumed.), 3x Stun Bomb, 5x Smoke Bomb, 3x Bone, Negative Nelly (Causes 30 damage and jinxed but has 1/6 chance to break whenever used), 2x Silver Ore, Trial Brew, Henry Award, Shining Polish (SP +2 to one shield or artifact that has SP when consumed.)

21264411861_15532446e4_t.jpg

Miirym, 8-month-old Dragon hatchling (dragon companion controlled by Flipz), Level 42.2 Dragon *Encouraged*

Power Bonus: 3

Power: 42

Health: 46/72

Element: Darkness

Ability: May pay 10 health for a 2/6 chance to make a party member Lucky.

"Again, thank you for your assistance, Forge Master. Melquiades, please take Miirym and me to the rest of the party."

Once with the rest of the party again, Arthur approaches U'Or and Elba. "I believe that it is time Miirym and I return to Eubric. We are ready when you are."

Arthur turns to the rest of the party. "It has been a pleasure to Quest with you all. I hope our paths cross again sometime in the city."

Miirym inclies her head in support of Arthur's statement, but is not initially inclined to add anything to it. She does, however saunter past Chauncey, murmuring quietly to the Evoker. "<You have been a worthy ally, so I will share with you my advice: be sure to visit the Forge Master before we depart, the improvements he can make to your gems are not insignificant.>" Miirym dips her head slightly before addressing the expedition as a whole. "<This has been a most informative experience. I hope that one day we may fight alongside one another once more.>" With this, the Dragon spreads her wings and leaps over everyone's heads to alight next to Arthur once more.

Sorry to make this look rushed. Hope it's not tacky. Everyone seems to want to go.

IMG_2376_zpshkvyo22y.jpg

"Don't use it stupidly. That's all you owe me. And if you get the chance, tell me how it works out."

"As you say Captain. My thanks to you," Hoke says as he stows the amulet.

"Melquaides, City Center, please."

Hoke approaches Zeus, gold in hand.

"I'd like a Neptune Bomb, a Rudra Bomb, and a Demeter Bomb," Hoke says as he hands over 450 gold.

"Melquaides, Forge Master, please."

"I'm back, and I would like to forge my gems into ethereal ones," Hoke says as he presents his Garnet, Sapphire, and Aquamarine, "I would like to forge the Garnet first, Sapphire second, and Aquamarine third."

In Battle Hoke uses his Neptune Bomb for the Garnet, Rudra for the Sapphire, and Demeter for the Aquamarine, all from the Back Row.

Torc uses her Fire Breath if needed from the Back Row.

Matthias suddenly adds another thought as it strikes him. "And what about a Scroll of Burning?"

GQM Note: Looking at your inventory, MDM, it seems like you don't have any gems? Did you loan them and get them back at some point?

GQM Note: Looking at your inventory, MDM, it seems like you don't have any gems? Did you loan them and get them back at some point?

Loaned to Matthias, I think along with my scrolls. Check page 1 for my gems minus the Ethereal Topaz Hoke purchased from Zeus.

Edited by UsernameMDM

This should answer the questions:

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword - Champion of the Northern Kingdoms, Kraken Whacker, Titan Smiter, Serpent Skinner, and Rock Champion of Decamon (UsernameMDM)

Gems - Ruby (Fire), Sapphire (Wind), Emerald (Wood), Aquamarine (Water), Topaz (Lightning), Garnet ( Earth), Etherial Topaz (Lighting+Stunned)

Scrolls - Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep

Hoke lends all of his gems and scrolls to Matthias.

Edited by StickFig

OoC: I'll post final stats later this evening! Everyone will have gained normal exp. from the battle. As for the gems, I did say that they could be merged with weapons! It seems a little much to me though, to have that powerful of a weapon, so I think I will rule that only one etherial gem may be merged per weapon. I think that will balance things out without totally nuking the advantages of the gems. As always, I'm willing to negotiate if you all think that's unfair. I'm just thinking of the potential future headaches of QMs, myself included, balancing for a weapon that can make an enemy slowed and fragile and weak and enraged and bound all in one go.

"I thought you might say that. I suppose I will start with my Garnet." Matthias enters the ethereal forge, sees the earth sprites, throws his Demeter Bomb, and collects the Ethereal Garnet. Then, in quick succession, he moves back to the council room, nabs an extra pair of Gaia Bombs for another 300 gold from Zeus, and returns to the Forge, entering three times - once with a Ruby and twice with Opals - and throwing Gaia bombs to overcome the resulting sprites each time.

1132 - 300 = 832 gold remaining

Forging complete, Matthias weighs his purse and decides there is yet more shopping to do. Calling Melquiades again - surely the void master is sick of him by now - the gnome returns to Zeus. "How much for a Shining Polish?"

OoC: You can pick one right now! It cannot do both.

IMG_2632_zpsc7pecoqp.jpg

"Let's say... 450 gold!"

"Again, thank you for your assistance, Forge Master. Melquiades, please take Miirym and me to the rest of the party."

Once with the rest of the party again, Arthur approaches U'Or and Elba. "I believe that it is time Miirym and I return to Eubric. We are ready when you are."

Arthur turns to the rest of the party. "It has been a pleasure to Quest with you all. I hope our paths cross again sometime in the city."

Miirym inclies her head in support of Arthur's statement, but is not initially inclined to add anything to it. She does, however saunter past Chauncey, murmuring quietly to the Evoker. "<You have been a worthy ally, so I will share with you my advice: be sure to visit the Forge Master before we depart, the improvements he can make to your gems are not insignificant.>" Miirym dips her head slightly before addressing the expedition as a whole. "<This has been a most informative experience. I hope that one day we may fight alongside one another once more.>" With this, the Dragon spreads her wings and leaps over everyone's heads to alight next to Arthur once more.

dd06a5a8-e14d-4477-9790-c851f5cc00bd_zpsa0380a64.jpg

<I will be sure to. Thank you for your assistance, Miirym. We will fight alongside each other again some day.>

"How much for a Shining Polish?"

"And what about a Scroll of Burning?"

"Let's say... 450 gold!"

"And the Scroll of Burning?"

Hoke tosses in a couple of bombs. The Forge Master grunts, hoping the ethereal forge's ethereal walls wouldn't ethereally collapse as ethereal gems pop out.

hoke_ableword_1b.jpg

Hoke Ablesword - Champion of the Northern Kingdoms, Kraken Whacker, Titan Smiter, Serpent Skinner, and Rock Champion of Decamon

(UsernameMDM)

Human Male Dragoon

Level 54.4 *Immune: Fragile, Confused, Sealed, Dark, Earth, Fire, Wind / Absorbs Poison / Deals Poison +3 and SP -1, Dark, Light, Ice* *Lucky* *Encouraged* *Inspired* *Blessed* *Enamored* *Blinded*

Power Bonus: 2, +7 WP

Defense: 41

Health: 186/186 (+10 Knight, +15 Dragoon, +53 Level, +2 Chicken Drumsticks, +10 Raw Meats, +1 Warrior's Tread)

Gold: 138

Equipment: Zoot's Order (WP:40; Darkness, Light, Ice, permanently Poisoned-by-3, hits reduce enemy SP by 1; spear, suitable for Hoke only), Steel Buckler (SP:31, Darkness-elemental), Sven's Heavy Armor (SP:6, Immune to Fire, Earth, Wind and Fragile), Hydra Skin (SP: 2, wearer gains HP when poisoned instead of losing it, backwear), Warrior's Treads (SP:2, Health +1), Samurai Helmet (WP:+4, immune Confused, Sealed suitable to knights, dragoons, regulators, winged warriors), Medal of Glory (Wearer gains triple experience, accessory), Bone Claws (+3 WP, 2 SP, hand wear),

Inventory:

Weapons - Vintul (WP: 16; greatsword), Gladiator Trident (WP: 11, causes the Bleeding-by-5 effect; spear), Wasabi Blade (WP: 4, Fire-elemental long-sword), Glistening Halberd WP:10 (1/2; chance to caused stunned effect, lance), Blue Steel Shield (SP:5, Immune to Blind), Fang Dagger (WP:5, double damage to beasts, dagger), Hollow Flagpole (WP:11, +3 SP to the whole party whenever equipped, Hollow (Empty), lance), Great Axpeord (WP:40, cannot be wielded with a shield; greatsword/axe/spear)

Artefacts - Sharkskin Gloves (Accessory, provides immunity from water elemental attacks), Helm of Prestige (SP: 5, +10 Max HP, Wearer is Permanently Blessed, Headwear, suitable for Paragons), Sterile Gloves (Immune to poisoned and bleeding, handwear, suitable for anyone), Cultist Hat (damage vs undead), Sigil of the Cold Circle - (Raise an Army costs twice as much ether, but raised undead are three times as powerful, accessory, suitable for necromancers), Heavy Armor (SP: 5, Immune to Fragile), Electro Gear (Adds lightning-element to physical attacks and protects from lightning-elemental damage, accessory), Coat Hanger (Allows for a second body wear, Accessory), Pugilist Gloves (+2 to power, immune Weakened), Shadeaux Cape (SP:1; suitable to those with reputation among the Shadeaux only; if reputation is great, SP is doubled; if reputation is outstanding, SP is tripled; backwear.)

Gems - Ruby (Fire), Etherial Sapphire (Sealed+Wind), Emerald (Wood), Etherial Aquamarine (Confusion+Water), Topaz (Lightning), Etherial Garnet ( Slowed+Earth), Etherial Topaz (Lighting+Stunned)

Scrolls - Scroll of Frailty, Scroll of Weakening, Scroll of Blindness, Scroll of Confusion, Scroll of Sealing, Scroll of Sleep

Tools - Bedroll, Pickaxe, Shovel 3x Smoke Bomb, Lightning Bomb, Water Bomb, Air Bomb, 2x Dirt Bomb, Confuse Bomb, Blind Bomb, Seal Bomb, x2 Stun Bombs, Skadi Bomb

Consumables - 4x Phoenix Essence, 6x Grand Potion, Health Core, 2x Grand Tonic, 5x Ether Core, Elixir, Neutralizer, 2x Ambrosia, Soma, 3x Mead, 2x Smelling Salts, 2x Dragon Scale (Grants lucky- and blessed-effects when consumed), 2x Titan Heart (Grants encouraged- and inspired-effects when consumed), 2x Flame-Distilled Brandy (Encouraged & Immune to Ice), 6x Venom, 2x Deadly Venom, 2x Feather of Flight (Allows the user to flee from the battle when used), Mythril, Henry Award (Can be sold for 200 Gold or to give +1 HP or +1 Power to a character, Consumable, Soul-bound), Phoenix Insence

Decamon Deck - Nixie (Water 7), Reaper (Dark 8), Stone Golem (Rock 8), Carcinos (Aquatic 8), Storm Elemental (Electric 8)

"Thank you," Hoke says as he collects the shimmering ethereal gems. He feels the orb vibrate as he handles the new gems. He could sense it's...hunger? Excitement?

Hoke places the gems in his pouch and stokes Torc on her muzzle and under her chin. He senses something different about here, as if she wasn't entirely present. She had been like that since the Dragons at Dastan. He looks her deeply in her draconian eyes and knew there was something she needed to do.

"Melquiades, City Center please."

Hoke finds a few others milling about, some were missing, perhaps already returned to Eubric. He approaches Matthias and Arthur.

"I bet there are a few other areas of this island to explore. Did I hear something mentioned about a Frozen Room?"