With the wonderful weather we're having, and the very shiny new boat hull that Lego released, the time has come again to desperately try to keep all the electronics dry.

To keep the weight low, I kept the decoration a bit sparse. (Also, massively recycled from Naida's Epic Adventure Ship)

19728948249_0e812373eb_c.jpg

For storage and convenience, everything that sticks below the waterline can be removed with the two 3-length pins with bush in the back.

More pictures can be found here. If you want to tinker with it, there's an LXF file here.

Lego's new boat hull is very stable, and can even handle some small waves. It also provides a neat storage compartment that allows the electronics to be mounted as low as possible to increase stability.

Using an Sbrick was very convenient. As I was filming in the full sun, on a very reflective water surface, PF's own infrared signals would be practically useless. Also, it can handle the load of the RC motor a lot better than the regular PF receiver.

And if we're thanking third party hardware suppliers; I'm really happy with my waterproof Gopro thingie. It was great fun recording everything down below.

By the way, does anyone know what kind of fish I happened to catch on camera?

Edited by mahjqa

Ha ha... As I said... Sariel started the Water Mania! :D

Thanx for sharing! I was looking at this set with this hull but I don't like it... so I bought the Coast Guard Ship...

I'm really impessed with the performance... it's very good... not only thanx to RC Buggy motors but the 2 propellers made to one make good trust under the water... They are not to buy now in any set, only via Bricklink...

Try 2 propellers for more performance... Put the second cross propeller behind the first on the same axis...

Very nice...

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

wow that actually works very well! how well would it perform with regular PF remote? looks like your using Bluetooth module?

how well would it perform with regular PF remote? looks like your using Bluetooth

He uses SBrick... that's non Lego third party Bluetooth 4 Low Energy solution... Controlling is via App in smartphone which creates bluetooth connection with SBrick...

PF is infrared and in exterieur reacts only on 1-2 meters... under the direct sun sometimes is not responding due to sunlight violance...

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Ha ha... As I said... Sariel started the Water Mania! :D

Thanx for sharing! I was looking at this set with this hull but I don't like it... so I bought the Coast Guard Ship...

I'm really impessed with the performance... it's very good... not only thanx to RC Buggy motors but the 2 propellers made to one make good trust under the water... They are not to buy now in any set, only via Bricklink...

Try 2 propellers for more performance... Put the second cross propeller behind the first on the same axis...

Very nice...

Max...

xD no way!

i posted the rubber band boat first!

btw this boat is great :) i mean, i don't like too much colors but its performances are amazing, im gonna get this hull and try a thing i have in mind :)

xD no way!

i posted the rubber band boat first!

I know I know... I was to lazy to find your name... :DDD

But I think that Sariel made the boat for longer time, video processing also costs time... But you're right... Your post was earlier... :)

But that doesn't matter... it's summer!!! ...so let's go and build Lego Technic ships... :D

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

ahuahu yeah

btw this hull seems perfect to try this thing out

but i think i'll design a proper turbine casing and print it in 3d...

34hc2nc.jpg

Don't use this propeller! I have tried it and is to small!! Weak performance... You need the propellers 9 studs in diameter...

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

I put an eye on this hull once set was announced, so I'd like to have one to build some ship as well! Yours seem to be very agile, which I like a lot.

But that doesn't matter... it's summer!!! ...so let's go and build Lego Technic ships... :D
You'll never believe... Just before Sariel has posted his ship I have build my own one. So yeah, enjoy summery water MOCs while you can. :classic:

You'll never believe... Just before Sariel has posted his ship I have build my own one. So yeah, enjoy summery water MOCs while you can. :classic:

That doesn't count! We haven't seen it! :D

So come on! I will see it! :D

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Don't use this propeller! I have tried it and is to small!! Weak performance... You need the propellers 9 studs in diameter...

Max...

that should work like a centrifugal pump

slewentogzz made one to empty his hull from water, i wanna try making one to make the boat move

that should work like a centrifugal pump

slewentogzz made one to empty his hull from water, i wanna try making one to make the boat move

Wow... I haven't seen this video! Thx for sharing... really good Idea with the pump, but I think input intake is too small...

You can imagine... you know the Lego Supercar builders who compete who will get the most real functions in Lego MOC... By car was it engine, suspension, caster, camber, brakes, gearbox, moving spoilers, adjustable seats, moving pedals, etc...

And by ship mania it will be water canon, water pump, and I don't know what everything comes... :D

I got Idea also with hovercraft... would not be bad... :)

What I see in this video is self made propeller... something like this I want to make!

Thx!

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

That doesn't count! We haven't seen it! :D

So come on! I will see it! :D

Don't want to jump into mahjqa's thread, but since we got to general discussion here you can find some pics. It looks better than performs :blush:

That's a really neat and effective design (and awesome filming as always).

Although from the title I was expecting this :wink:

swan.jpg

This is pretty. I love the proportions of the boat, the perfectly-fitting soundtrack, and the softly-lit underwater scenes.

That's a really neat and effective design (and awesome filming as always).

Although from the title I was expecting this :wink:

swan.jpg

Man, it'd suck to have to be one of the poor chaps at the back of that swan, trying to maneuver that huge thing with just that long stick!

aeh5040; Maybe the next boat will have some rowing / paddle action :)

Also, great fun to see so many boat topics popping up all of a sudden.

maybe you could build an explorer....basically i'd build it if i had the hull but i dont, but the concept would be allowing the camera to turn and rotate in every direction :P