Sign in to follow this  

Welcome everybody :)

Today I’d like to present my new MOC.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X

1.jpg

Specifications

Scale 1:8

Length 74s / width 31s / height 21,5s (60/24,5/17 cm)

Weight: 3700 g

Front suspension: McPherson struts with realistic geometry – Caster, Camber and Ackerman

Rear suspension: independent, multilink

4x4 drive

4-speed gearbox

AA + AAA Battery Box

6 motors

Functions

Driving (2 XL + L)

Steering (L)

Changing gears (M)

Locking central diffrential (M)

Led headlights (switch)

Working steering wheel

Opened bonnet

Opened trunk

Opened doors (front with lock)

History

From a long time I wanted to build Lancer Evo. When I saw Impreza WRX STi built by Pipasseyoyo, I knew that I have to make his “eternal rival” – Evo. What’s more I prefer Lancer than Impreza :)

I started building at the end of the May. It went quite fast and after one week the chassis was done. Unfortunately I created the body not as fast, because I finished it few days ago.

Drivetrain

The Mitsubishi is driven by two XLs and one L motor. The XLs are connected with the gearbox. It uses the new driving rings. Then from the other side the drive from gearbox goes to the differential, and from the second one an axle from L motor with reduction 3:1. The differential powers the central differential, which transmits the power to the axles. It is a bit complicated, so there are some diagrams :)

naped1.jpeg_thumb.jpg naped11.jpeg_thumb.jpg naped21.jpeg_thumb.jpg naped31.jpeg_thumb.jpg

Gearbox ratio:

I 5:1

II 3:1

III 1,67:1

IV 1:1

The changing gears mechanism is based on that presented by Sariel few months ago. It is powered by M motor.

For locking the differential I used M Motor with reduction 3:1.

Steering

For steering I used L motor, which propel the gear rack 1x13 with ratio 9,6:1.

Suspension

In the front there are McPherson struts. I tried to imitate them correctly, tahat’s why there is a geometry – Caster, Camber and Ackerman. For depreciation I used 9.5L absorber (from Unimog) and grey 6.5L.

3.jpg_thumb.jpg

In the rear there is multilink independent suspension. I used 9.5L absorber (from Unimog) and yellow 6.5L.

31.jpg_thumb.jpg

Some photos

12.jpg_thumb.jpg 13.jpg_thumb.jpg 18.jpg_thumb.jpg 17.jpg_thumb.jpg 24.jpg_thumb.jpg 25.jpg_thumb.jpg

27.jpg_thumb.jpg 28.jpg_thumb.jpg 29.jpg_thumb.jpg 32.jpg_thumb.jpg 33.jpg_thumb.jpg 35.jpg_thumb.jpg

Gallery

That is a great looking car,your car chassis does have similarity of sheepo's chassis did you base it of this?

Huge, functional, and thats all. Yes, it looks like Mitsu, but that bodywork doesn't look good, like it is almost for all such a big creations. \

Maybe that was sheepos Mitsu or Subaru (black?). That body also looked strange.

Yeas, i can't better, and that's why i don't build such a thing.

There was big Porsche 911, that looked good.

How front wheel drive is working? Doesn't those cardans pop out or "brake"? because joint isn't on axle, where wheel turns. Or it just looks like that, because of McPherson?

Wow, that is huge! Very nicely done.

However, I do think that proportions are a bit off. The glasshouse imo is too tall and wide, maybe you could try making the roof one stud shorter from both sides( left and right)? Other than that, good job :classic:

Edited by sm1995

While proportions might be a bit off, I find this good piece of engineering. I see you spent some time getting rid of all blank spaces in the body!

That is a great looking car,your car chassis does have similarity of sheepo's chassis did you base it of this?

No, it doesn't. It's all my idea :)

How front wheel drive is working? Doesn't those cardans pop out or "brake"? because joint isn't on axle, where wheel turns. Or it just looks like that, because of McPherson?

Yes, there is a little friction, but it doesn't influence on driving and doesn't pop out. And yes, it looks like that, because of McPherson.

The glasshouse imo is too tall and wide, maybe you could try making the roof one stud shorter from both sides( left and right)? Other than that, good job :classic:

I know about that, but the center pillar is based on that part. If I were to make the roof shorter, I should use these pieces,but when I saw it's price, I decided not to buy it :D

Thanks for nice words :)

Edited by Porsche96

Great model, seems pretty fast for the size and weight. Would you explain why this drive train? It's already a bit complex to see how it works, but what really puzzles me is why it works!

Good photography as well, I like this one in particular :classic:

But above all, how comes it didn't seem to suffer from driving through water?