I dreamed up a train station that I have been developing over the last couple months. I wanted to share it here, I hope you like it. Its gotten nearly 300 supporters so far on Lego Ideas. I hope if you like it, you could throw some support at it there. I show it with a couple passenger cars based on the Emerald Night train set, for scale. The platform roof is at just the right height.

Its designed to stand alone, with attachment slopes along the platform to attach along regular track sections. There are lots of details from seating to a paper vending machine (I borrowed the idea from the Detective's Office set, though changed the colour scheme). Inside, on the ground floor is a lounge/pub area, and a ticket office and waiting area.

Upstairs, on the 1st floor, is a cafe, with a cafeteria style setup to order, select food and pay, then go sit at tables. Its done in yellow and white, like some cafes I know of.

There is a ladder that leads up 2 more levels into the tower, at the top of which is a 4 sided clock.

The colours I used are dark orange with tan, windows in black, and some dark bluish gray accents around the cornices, and the roof of the tower. The platform roof is dark green. I am only attaching a few of the photos here, but there are more on the Ideas project page, if you are interested in more detail. Cheers

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/107984

IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2536.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg

This last photo shows how its modular sections come apart in 5 sections.

IMG_2566.jpg

Great looking station!!!

It looks so good that you might think it is an official set.

Nice railway station! Looks very classy.

Like the gold fence pieces in the interior - are they from Friends sets? Very effective for ornate barriers :)

Very cool! I like the interior. Sadly i don't think you will get many supporters as train projects on LEGO ideas don't often get more then 1000 supporters...

Love the station! It could have so easily started to look like a church but you have tied all the elements together beautifully to make an awesome MOC. I love the colours but can't imagine the bricklink pain you went through to find enough dark orange.

I love the colours but can't imagine the bricklink pain you went through to find enough dark orange.

I'm guessing somewhere on his build desk there's a disemboweled Town Hall :)

Thanks to all that made comments, I appreciate it.

I agree, it is an uphill battle to get support for anything train related on Ideas. Once the project gets older, it falls farther down the list, and the vast majority stop seeing it. You have to rely on the tags to find it.

I did get a large portion of the dark orange from a spare Town Hall set..and also a lot of BrickLink orders to fill the gaps. It is one of the pricier colors. Sort of becoming rarer too, to find anyone selling more than a few bits and pieces.

The interior gold fence parts came from some Eves sets...that part is one of the more useful parts from that theme.

I love the colour choice on this too. I think the size and layout of this is also interesting, a nice compromise between reality and a practical LEGO build.

Lovely, looks really good. Sort of European neo-gothic. Would love it on my layout.

Great station. It has a nice mix of the big Union stations, with the small town feel. Reminds me of some of the West Coast USA stops I saw on the Coastal Starlight.

Gorgeous color scheme and fantastic design. I'm a big fan of the tower. Definitely gets my vote for Ideas - I think we'd all LOVE to see a Creator Expert modular train station be released by Lego at some point. This one is hands down the best Trains theme one I've seen that would fit in seemlessly amidst a row of PS, TH, FB, GG, DO, etc. Bravo on the great work and thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the compliments, I appreciate it! I also think the dark orange/tan colour combination is really nice, complimentary colours.

I have now built a fleet of 3 taxis to add to the scene, I wanted to photograph it with them, but really slow BrickLink sellers held me up till I didn't want to wait any longer. I plan to add an update to the Ideas project page with them in a photo.

Hi talos,

This station truly looks wonderful! It has a nice tower, great interior and some neat design ideas. I've also been working on a modular train station lately, but I've realized that that's not as easy as it sounds. Even if your station looks wonderful as is one thing I'd still recommend is to modify it that it can be attached to other modular buildings.

I love the design of this station. It's impressive looking, is super detailed, and best of all it's reasonably small enough that it could become a set if it reaches 10,000. I just supported it on Lego Ideas.

I love the design of this station. It's impressive looking, is super detailed, and best of all it's reasonably small enough that it could become a set if it reaches 10,000. I just supported it on Lego Ideas.

Thanks! I was really trying to keep it a reasonable proposition. Its really a hugely uphill battle for it, the subgroup of trains, just doesn't have the size to push it very fast. I am happy with what its achieved so far though, its up to 334 supporters, as of this morning.

Very nice. Covers 2 of my most favorite themes.Will blend in nicely with modulars and also a functional train station.

Nice job, supported already.

Great work. It is a really nice appealing style and perfect as a set. Also the interior is very good. And I like those bicycle stands. It could do with a slighty larger platform, but then again, all LEGO train stations are like that adn for a set is fine.