peedeejay

[MOC] Modular Pizza Parlor

Hey everyone,

I would like to present my 3rd MOC and next modular building. This time it took a while due to the strikes at the german postal service and a package with parts from Billund taking almost 2 months to arrive.. But here it finally is!

The idea to build a pizza parlor came to my mind after receiving a few pizza delivery guy minifgures from CMF. I totally fell in love with the minifig and had these guys spread out through my town when I thought that they need a place from where they are delivering the pizza. The final building however came out completely different from what I initially had in mind when starting but I am happy nonetheless.

After building the lower floor (where I had myself inspired by PR quite a lot as you can see) I thought about the upper floors. I had no image in mind when the lower level was finished, so I ran through a few ideas. Finally I cam up with a night club and as you can see, the pizza delivery service is not everything which is going on in this building. There are definately a few more darker guys hanging around and something is definately fishy regarding the poker game... But check it out yourself! :)

Part count: 3676

Below you will find a selection of images. All of them can be viewed here: http://www.kawano.de...izzaparlor.html

On my site with the gallery you can also find links to purchase the building instructions in case you would like to build it yourself!

Pizzaparlor_01_t.JPG

Pizzaparlor_03_t.JPG

Pizzaparlor_05_t.JPG

Pizzaparlor_06_t.JPG

Pizzaparlor_08_t.JPG

Pizzaparlor_11_t.JPG

Pizzaparlor_13_t.JPG

Pizzaparlor_19_t.JPG

Pizzaparlor_20_t.JPG

Man oh man is this good - love the colors, the architecture and the details. Great, great job on this!

Excellent building. Looks like an official LEGO set. Dark red and grey look great together. Night club is my favourite when we talk about inside. And your pictures are very good, are you professional photographer?

OMG, this could be the next modular!! Stunning details in every floor. I really, really love the bar and orchester! Jackpot!

This is amazing! I really like the overall color scheme. My favorite part is the entryway into the kitchen, in that it keeps the bikes stowed away until deliveries are needed. I also like the second floor bar area and the fire escape in the back.

I can't quite tell from the pictures, but is there a bathroom under the first floor staircase? And what is that object tucked away in the corner of the gambling room (with the muskets)?

very impressive! i like the small clock!

OMG, this could be the next modular!! Stunning details in every floor. I really, really love the bar and orchester! Jackpot!

I want it to be the next modular! Edited by THERIZE

Thanks everyone for the comments!

Excellent building. Looks like an official LEGO set. Dark red and grey look great together. Night club is my favourite when we talk about inside. And your pictures are very good, are you professional photographer?

Nah, far from it. Using a tripod works wonders! Also don't forget to crop your images afterwards.

I can't quite tell from the pictures, but is there a bathroom under the first floor staircase? And what is that object tucked away in the corner of the gambling room (with the muskets)?

Yeah, you're right. There is a small bathroom hidden with a toilet and urinal. However it's almost impossible to take pictures of it. I'll try again in a few days by temporary removing the staircase.

The thing in the corner is an attempt at a weapon locker. There is also a musket hidden under the bar. ;)

Love that glass overhang. The backroom is a neat touch! =D

The whole build is great! I really like the 2nd floor with the bar and band, and the covert poker game is lovely as well! :sweet:

The only piece of constructive criticism I can muster is that it could use some clever signage of some sort outside and/or window signage so it looks more like a pizza business at a glance.

Really fantastic all-around!

One of the finest modular MOC's for years 'peedeejay', wonderfully detailed pizza bar and jazz club/bar upstairs.....you have raise the bar for all of us to try and reach.

Brick On ! :grin:

Stunning. I'd buy this as a set its a beauty. Excellent work my friend. Love the curved awning and the Bar, amongst many things!

That is awesome! I would happily buy it to add to my Modular street.

I really like all of he architectural details on the façade, combined with some great choices for the interior.

Beautiful! Love the colour combination and the glass awning over the door! My favourite details on the inside are the bar and the oven.

This is tremendous in every way, congratulations! Might look to buy the instructions! This might change my modular plans for the next year...

Beautiful modular! I especially like the 2nd floor with the night club and the separate room for poker games. Great colours and atmosphere.

And those faces of the delivery guys :grin: Looks like there's some secret ingredient added to the pizzas.

Thanks again everyone!

The only piece of constructive criticism I can muster is that it could use some clever signage of some sort outside and/or window signage so it looks more like a pizza business at a glance.

True, I totally forgot about that and only noticed at the very end when the building was finished and my wife said the same. :D Currently I see no easy way to do that, but I'll keep thinking about it. :)

Very interesting build. I do like the colors together.

I don't particularly like the multiple angled parts. It feels wavy too me in the pictures. At the top/sides of the windows it rounds out, then smooth, then the 2x2 slope brick, then below that awnings. Something feels weird to me.

But I do like the interior details too. The bar and singers stage are great. The kitchen is very clever. The poker game is a fun idea.

I could definitely see looking at this for inspiration in one of my own builds.

Very nice exterior. I did think the same about a sign for the pizza parlor.

The interior is fantastic. The poker room is very cool.

What a great creation. You're building up quite a reputation!

I love the fact that the building has two rectangular sections, seen from above, instead of just being one rectangular box.

The oven, the restaurant and the bar are great.

I don't know if the windows would work even better in white instead of brown.

I assume the dark green one at the back is a personal brown-window-shortage? :classic:

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Edited by Withacee

wow nice MOC,

Just need the DO and then my modular collection is complete.

Mom's will follow soon.

Thanks again everyone!

I don't particularly like the multiple angled parts. It feels wavy too me in the pictures. At the top/sides of the windows it rounds out, then smooth, then the 2x2 slope brick, then below that awnings. Something feels weird to me.

After looking at it with a few days distance and only on the pictures and not the live model next to me, I think I kinda understand what you mean. Maybe I went a little bit too crazy on the window frames. Maybe I should have used the framing from the middle floor also on the upper floor. There is always room for improvement so thanks for pointing it out!

I assume the dark green one at the back is a personal brown-window-shortage? :classic:

Sharp eye! Yup an unplanned shortage. One window frame which cam from Billund was unfortunately broken and went FUBAR. ;-( I didn't want to wait for the replacement so I temporarily replaced it. :)

I see yet another for sale ready creation that TLG should be grabbing up and selling...great job and I like it, would definitely buy one at retail.