Sign in to follow this  
Bricksonwheels

[MOC] Cadillac Fleetwood Le Cabriolet Lowrider (1:10)

I rarely build cars, but a tricked out Cadillac Fleetwood Le Cabriolet lowrider in 1/10 scale had been on my wishlist for a while. After some extensive research on lowrider technicalities and Cadillac 1980s frame design, I started work. This model is constructed out of 100% genuine Lego bricks; many retro-chromed with plating on plastics true chrome technology…. so actual true metal layers there. The gold parts however are sprayed. For the first time I used UV printing technology to apply a mural directly on the bricks on the trunk lid. The only non-Lego parts are some wires and the ‘Rollerz’ club logo, which is lasercut from Acrylic. All in all a lot of new technology to support this build.

Hope you like it!

19244735883_b16f63f94b_b.jpgCadillac Lowrider Display in Lego 1:10 by bricksonwheels, on Flickr

19870602411_f16b894fa6_b.jpgCadillac Fleetwood Le Cabriolet 1/10 in Lego by bricksonwheels, on Flickr

19865652935_24658643aa_b.jpgCadillac Fleetwood Le Cabriolet 1/10 in Lego by bricksonwheels, on Flickr

19839438356_0dabec815c_b.jpgCadillac Fleetwood Le Cabriolet 1/10 in Lego by bricksonwheels, on Flickr

19244733333_d5de4f058a_b.jpgCadillac Lowrider V8 Engine by bricksonwheels, on Flickr

19677622148_6af2d89e30_b.jpgIce and Hydraulics. by bricksonwheels, on Flickr

Edited by Bricksonwheels

Probably the best brick built lego car. All the added stuff just makes it better. I have followed this building on the flickr, and was amazed with each photo. Very well done!

Stunning! I had to really study the engine to understand what parts I was looking at...

So much love put into details, looks great!

Which tires did you use as they seem to be a bit stretched I believe?

That is just staggering the amount of detail you have managed to put into that one car. It is so realistic and shiny...

I used to own a 1984 Fleetwood, so this really brings back memories. Yours is a lot nicer than mine ever was!

Masterpiece! The best big scale model team I ever saw

*huh**oh2*:drool:

This is also ModelTeam forum.

Why was the Lamborghini Veneno moved to Special forum? It was said that it is Lego Creator...

What's difference between this and Veneno?

Very nice Cadillac... :)

Max...

Wow, that's an incredible MOC. I am such a sucker for chrome. Is there a reason why we don't see (m)any official chrome parts from Lego? Do they get scuffed easily?

Awesome MOC. I love all the chrome- it really adds a lot of flair to this already great model

Wow, that's an incredible MOC. I am such a sucker for chrome. Is there a reason why we don't see (m)any official chrome parts from Lego? Do they get scuffed easily?

Probably because chrome is expensive to produce. I still would like to see more parts in metallic silver though

Gorgeous...! Very smart design.. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Why was the Lamborghini Veneno moved to Special forum? It was said that it is Lego Creator...

What's difference between this and Veneno?

I'll admit, I was very disappointed to see a fantastic model-team style car like that built by one of the top car builders in the world moved to such an obscure forum only to lose the attention that it deserved and get buried... I have a Technic based website and I am promoting that model on my front page..