Legononymous

Anyone else this picky?

I feel like I call Lego too often. I'm really picky I guess. I wouldn't feel near as bad if I could send back the defective/misprinted/scratched...Piece. Example is my T Rex has a line on the eye where the printing didn't come out correctly. Not sure why this bothers me but it does. I haven't called for the reason above. I did call though when I opened the dilophosaurus set and the dilophosaurus body had quite the gap where the two pieces go together. Just that section though. Everything else was good! Naturally they made it right. Above and beyond actually because they sent me a whole dilophosaurus. I'd feel a lot better if I had a way to send in the actual part I was trying to get replaced. I won't get started on stickers and creases.

post-9509-0-84675300-1437451662_thumb.jpg

Edited by Legononymous

Yes. :laugh: When it comes to my pieces, I am especially picky. Lots of the time, if it's a cheap part, I'll go to BL to get it. However, if it's

A) a clear misprint

B) a cracked part

C) an expensive part to replace

then I go to TLG. I've never felt guilty about asking for another sticker sheet if I screw up because, well, it's a sticker sheet. :tongue: I've definitely been in your shoes where I feel a little bit guilty and would feel better sending back the misprinted part, though, but luckily we have great customer service with our hobby. :thumbup:

I can't help but wonder if they'll at some point they'll tell me no. I guess that's why I'm trying to pick my battles so to speak.

I can't help but wonder if they'll at some point they'll tell me no. I guess that's why I'm trying to pick my battles so to speak.

I'm sure they will. It probably all depends on how frequently you call though. If you are weekly they are probably going to cut you off sooner or later as they will think you are abusing the system. If it's a few times a year I doubt they will take notice or care too much.

I know I can be the same way and some of the prints can be kind of sloppy and it really bugs me. I have learned to try and just let it fly for the most part, unless it is really bad or noticeable.

I know how you feel, I used to be REALLY picky in 2014, calling the customer Service several times because something was just slighty out of place (even made a thread about it a while ago)

I bought the Star Wars set 75036 2 weeks ago and one of the helmets had an horrible misprint, his face was printed down way too low and i called the Service (who I hadnt contacted for half an year)

But they sent me an E-Mail that stated that they wont sent me a new piece because several reasons (manly because they think I have abused their system).

Well crap I thought, better buy a new one at Bricklink.

So yeah, the Customer Service DOES have a Limit. :grin:

Loool...me tooo...very picky and some BL sellers already being upset cos of that...hahahaha. but i am proud to be as it will put ur pieces quality at top..

My Lego city is my main reason for collecting Lego but I also do a lot of photography using Lego and an imperfection can distract from the actual picture.

I know how you feel, I used to be REALLY picky in 2014, calling the customer Service several times because something was just slighty out of place (even made a thread about it a while ago)

I bought the Star Wars set 75036 2 weeks ago and one of the helmets had an horrible misprint, his face was printed down way too low and i called the Service (who I hadnt contacted for half an year)

But they sent me an E-Mail that stated that they wont sent me a new piece because several reasons (manly because they think I have abused their system).

Well crap I thought, better buy a new one at Bricklink.

So yeah, the Customer Service DOES have a Limit. :grin:

Was there a way to reply to the email? This is kind of my point. If they allowed us a way to send in the product we weren't happy with then they would be able to weed out those looking for free stuff and allow those of us with legit issues to get our product replaced and to remain happy customers. Not that I'd ever be unhappy but getting told I was trying to abuse the system would be pretty upsetting. I used to collect 1:18 scale diecast cars. Getting one with a scratch was pretty upsetting. You couldn't help but have your joy soured by the scratch you tended to focus on. No matter how small.

Was there a way to reply to the email? This is kind of my point. If they allowed us a way to send in the product we weren't happy with then they would be able to weed out those looking for free stuff and allow those of us with legit issues to get our product replaced and to remain happy customers. Not that I'd ever be unhappy but getting told I was trying to abuse the system would be pretty upsetting. I used to collect 1:18 scale diecast cars. Getting one with a scratch was pretty upsetting. You couldn't help but have your joy soured by the scratch you tended to focus on. No matter how small.

They allow you to send in the parts. I did, but now they claim to have no record of it, so now I've lost my ability to order replacements and my pieces... :hmpf_bad:

i never bother about it. if its cracked just turn it so you can't see the crack. i have misprints but i just ignore them.

I've only contacted for missing pieces once, when my copy of 6868 was missing Hawkeye's bow. IIRC I had to send the proof of purchase as it was a licensed set and they were trying to prevent abuse.

so now I've lost my ability to order replacements and my pieces... :hmpf_bad:

No way. Don't tell me this is true!

So we spend money buying no-so-cheap product and not being able to get, not so rare, damaged/wrong parts replaced. That's absurd...

Not really too picky. I've been pretty lucky with part prints and stickers. I did have to ship back a broken NXT to them after they shipped me a replacement quickly.

I think the thing with LEGO is when people start abusing something good LEGO does, LEGO will stop doing it or it will get harder for everyone else.

I must be one of the only people hoping for a misprint of some kind. I think it would be cool to have, since in six years of collecting I've never encountered one. If it was on a big deal item, I would definitely call to get a replacement, but otherwise I would think it'd be a neat part of my collection.

I must be one of the only people hoping for a misprint of some kind. I think it would be cool to have, since in six years of collecting I've never encountered one. If it was on a big deal item, I would definitely call to get a replacement, but otherwise I would think it'd be a neat part of my collection.

You're not alone, I too have always hoped for a misprinted part in my collection.

I have a few misprints I am happy to have.

Licensed parts are really very likely to be "blagged" so of course it will be harder to get them or much more likely that continuous and often claims make it look like you are abusing the system.

My Lego city is my main reason for collecting Lego but I also do a lot of photography using Lego and an imperfection can distract from the actual picture.

That's fair enough. For some things you could quickly touch them up in Photoshop but the parts still need to be pretty pristine overall.

No way. Don't tell me this is true!

So we spend money buying no-so-cheap product and not being able to get, not so rare, damaged/wrong parts replaced. That's absurd...

He had to of used it... a lot. In the few years since I have gotten back into Lego I have had several issues and called Lego about them. They happily replaced everything no problem. At some point though, they are going to think you are scamming them (or you are being too picky) if you are calling them up every week or month.

Lego has pretty tight quality control so it's not like they are sending out broken or misprinted pieces in every other set. I doubt they really deem a tiny scratch as something that needs to be replaced either seeing as these are meant for children and once in their hands a whole lot worse will happen.

He had to of used it... a lot. In the few years since I have gotten back into Lego I have had several issues and called Lego about them. They happily replaced everything no problem. At some point though, they are going to think you are scamming them (or you are being too picky) if you are calling them up every week or month.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but one thing to keep in mind is that some people buy truly massive quantities of LEGO for all sorts of reasons. I think someone buying and opening really a lot of sets could get to a point where they are banned even though they aren't being excessively picky.

The fact that you can get "banned" so to speak is a bit discerning. :sceptic: I was going to send an order for a cracked torso (one that I have not used and left on display for a few months), but now I'm hesitant... I don't really want to spend $15 USD+ on another figure just for the torso that could quite possibly crack again. It's coming to the point where I'm spending just as much on replacement parts as I am on sets, which is not a good thing for me.

This year has been absolutely horrible with my Superheroes figures; to the point where most of them have a crack of some form. Most of the replacements I've gotten have been through BL, but I probably have sent three or four orders through S@H for replacements (these were just single piece orders).

I did see someone on flickr who had an order with three heads and probably six or seven torsos from the Justice League wave of sets. Now there's someone who's clearly abused the system... :sadnew:

You're not alone, I too have always hoped for a misprinted part in my collection.

I have a few misprints I am happy to have.

See, the thing is that I have some misprints, but they are very anticlimactic. :blush: For example, I've gotten a Poison Ivy with some weird eye shadow, but it's neither interesting nor something I needed replaced.

I complained about the ghostbusters instruction manual falling apart, which I think happened to everyone. They asked for the code from the manual as proof of purchase, but never sent the replacement manual. Knowing it was at risk of falling apart, we were ever so careful when building the set, but the manual still fell apart.

I really should try them again.

Paul

Edited by paul_delahaye

Regarding regular bricks, it is ok if it is not perfect (hue slightly different, little scratch, etc). But, I am VERY picky when it come to :

- sticker damaged. There are very few sets where I do not ask for a second sheet

- any minor scratch on a windscreen (big trans-clear / trans-black parts)

- any miss printed part

I never had problems with any instruction booklets. But if it happens someday, I am pretty sure that I will ask for a new booklet at the customer service.

So far, I have only contacted customer service twice regarding missing bricks in PAB orders. Missing bricks have been sent without any problems.

I have never missed a brick in a set (so far), but once the sticker sheet was not in a good shape when it got out of the box. But I actually never contacted CS for a replacement.

I would say I am not particularly picky. If bricks are missing or damaged, I might contact CS - especially if it is an important brick. But small cracks or the like, I most likely would not bother.

There is a big difference between a misprint and a bad print. I have had some misprints that just looked awful, but some which were cool.

I complained about the ghostbusters instruction manual falling apart, which I think happened to everyone. They asked for the code from the manual as proof of purchase, but never sent the replacement manual. Knowing it was at risk of falling apart, we were ever so careful when building the set, but the manual still fell apart.

I really should try them again.

Paul

I had the same problem with the same manual. I also got told that they would send a replacement and it never came.