Sign in to follow this  
WARHEAD

The Mordagogg

Always hungry, always on the prowl.

19212715433_0ab1132b92_z_d.jpg

dscf5855.jpg_thumb.jpg dscf5861.jpg_thumb.jpg dscf5832.jpg_thumb.jpg

Haven't posted here in a while! As per usual, no real backstory to this thing. I just rewatched Pacific Rim a couple of days ago and really wanted to build something with a couple of sets of eyes. I went through a few versions of the design before I settled for the wildcat/lizard/gorilla freak, at one point it was something more resembling a giant leech with wings :v

I mostly wanted to experiment with the Stronius armor parts because I had never used them before but I liked the uneven texture they have, both organic and mechanical at the same time. The eyes are what started the build, I really wanted to achieve an unusual, maybe even unsettling, look with them. I know the lack of toes on the hind feet might look off but the part sculpt already has three toes and I felt like clipping only two on didn't look that good. Still not sure if I made the right decision or not, but oh well.

Anyway, that's it for my rant. Your comments and criticsm is highly appreciated. Thanks for taking a look!

Superb as usual.

You have a real talent for taking disparate pieces and combining them into a striking, cohesive whole.

Particular kudos for the use of the Knights Kingdom kneepads and Stronius' armor.

It's crazy how fast you've become one of my three favourite builders. I love your style so much. You're an inspiration.

Those eyes are the highlight, easily, though I'm very fond of the front feet. I think you made the right choice with the back feet as well.

System pieces flow phenomenally well with this creation. I kinda disliked how much you used the Mixel eyes just to make goofy things but this is totally different level in terms of, well.... everything.

Thanks a lot everyone for the kind words!

It's crazy how fast you've become one of my three favourite builders. I love your style so much. You're an inspiration.

Those eyes are the highlight, easily, though I'm very fond of the front feet. I think you made the right choice with the back feet as well.

Thanks! It really means quite a lot coming from you, as I admire your work very much as well. I've been inspired by your stuff a lot too, especially the whole fusion thing.

System pieces flow phenomenally well with this creation. I kinda disliked how much you used the Mixel eyes just to make goofy things but this is totally different level in terms of, well.... everything.

Hehe, thanks! Yeah I know what you mean, sometimes I feel like I'm overusing them myself but I just find working with them so fun, they really bring characters to life.

Edited by WARHEAD