Hello, Eurobricks. I'd like to present my MOC: LEGO Technic Bell 47 Helicopter.

IMG_0682.JPG

Features:

• realistic rotor and stabilizer bar
  • working swashplate
  • anti-torque pedals
  • power functions

Functions:

• cyclic blade control
  • collective blade control
  • adjustable tail rotor pitch
  • rotation by L-Motor

IMG_0688.JPG

IMG_0686.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0698.JPG

IMG_0734.JPGIMG_0741.JPG

Here's the video demonstrating the MOC's functions:

Edited by paave

Very nice! all the realistic control are there which sure is not easy. Could you show us some pictures of the inside mechanisms?

Edited by Epic Technic

Thanks! I'll try to show inside mechanics soon when I'll take it apart.

First time I enjoy an elicopter!!! This is simply wonderfull...all those mechanisms!!

If you could motorize also the manouvring levers it would be epic!!!!

great Moc!!!

Very good! you might want to adopt the 9396's 'ratchet' mechanism, with the main drive motor.. so that when you turn the power off, the blades gradually slow down, and don't come to an abrupt stop!

RB

Thanks for your feedback! I'll keep in mind the idea of ratchet mechanism if I create more helicopters in future.

I flew the TH-13 (military designation for the Bell 47, T indicates trainer) back in the late 60s while going through US Army flight training. Compared to the turbine powered Huey, they where woefully under powered ships. You have really captured the spirit of the bird, including not being able to get into the air on hot, high density altitude days.

Edited by Karle

Very nice helicopter. You managed to squeeze in a fully operational rotor while keeping the model nicely proportioned. Impressive :thumbup:

My only nitpick would be the pull bar made out of axles at the rear-rotor. That only works because of the friction in the lego elements.

But other than that, very well done. :wub:

Great job replicating this helicopter! I remember working on one in school - the bubble seemed so close when you sat inside.

Great work! Getting collective, cyclic, and tail rotor pitch in such a small space is impressive, and with realistic controls too.

After the bell uh-1 made bye one of us (don't remember who was..) this is an amazing copter! Hat off ;)

Welcome on EB!

And a nice job on the Helicopter. The mechanics are well done :thumbup:

hi,

i saw your copter and tell myself : whaouw! this guy made a relica of the exact movement of the rotor with separates linkages for collective and cyclic movements...great job for that.

What makes me sad is that the Hiller bell mecanics is not complete. The real rotor is fully free of its movements in the real life, yours is a rigid model design (agusta, Westland, etc...) and not a fully articulated.

Another thing is that the stabilisation system i not effective yet.

Making your rotor free (fully articulated) and a well designed sabilisation bare will higly improve the stability of rotation and also make more effective your commands and linkages.

Whatever you made a very good job actually !

It is a real pleasure to see copters on this forum.

Yeah!

Edited by steph77

Great model. I especially like what you did for the tail rotor's collective motion, which is hard to do at a reasonable scale.

Absolutely brilliant! All realistic functions in such a small scale, and all of the implemented in surprising ways. At least I was surprised, specially with the tail rotor variable pitch mechanism.