Sign in to follow this  
Dardanel

[K - C04] Mad Max XIII cosplay

Tags: Kawashita, Driver

Lab Journal – 14 Junali 3815

While Lazlowe was extracting samples on Aeristus I noticed something peculiar. There was a small patch of desert in an otherwise very green (and dense!) forest. It looked just like the set for my favorite movie off all time, Mad Max XIII: Rockatansky lives! Could this be the actual place we the shooting took place? I just could not let this opportunity pass!

Lab Journal – 15 Junali 3815

Preparations are complete, my cosplay vehicles are tested and ready. Research will have to wait.

Personal Journal – 19 Junali 3815

Finally arrived on Aeristus with an UberCab™. Such slowpokes. At least I can go back with the Madam.

Personal Journal – 20 Junali 3815

The photoshoot was a great success!

19833394695_bbf708dbc6_c.jpg

19807158746_8ebb761038_c.jpg

19645328938_15e0945e00_c.jpg

Spoiler tag for the non story parts:

I'm looking for tips on how to make a better stand for the motorcycle. Preferably one with the same angles, just more transparent parts :D

19807243476_145a369f5c_c.jpg

C&C is always welcome!

Lovely techniques here, and both vehicles look fantastic. Great scene!

Very nice scene, I love that car! There are clear headlight bricks, which might be able to get the angles you want.

Haha, nice scene! I like the red motorcycle the most :thumbup:

Great vehicles!

Lovely techniques here, and both vehicles look fantastic. Great scene!

Thank you guys : )

Very nice scene, I love that car! There are clear headlight bricks, which might be able to get the angles you want.

Thank you : ) Perhaps a bricklink link for me? :D

A very nice pair of vehicles! The larger one in particular looks pretty dangerous! :thumbup:

This is how you do a dystopian post-apocalyptic wasteland scene with hovering speeder vehicles!

Edited by pombe

I haven't seen any of the Mad Max movies, but I do know that the grey hover car/tank in this MOC is amazing. Love those cannons! :thumbup:

The terrain is a little blocky for my tastes. I might try to control the color blocking a little more and use some rounded or wedge plates if you have them for a more natural look.

Great speeders! :thumbup:

A very nice pair of vehicles! The larger one in particular looks pretty dangerous! :thumbup:

Really cool vehicles and I like the landscape :thumbup:

This is how you do a dystopian post-apocalyptic wasteland scene with hovering speeder vehicles!

Whoa, those vehicles are just awesome. :wub:

Fantastic vehicles! :thumbup:

Thank you all for all you nice words! : ) You're not making me any humbler. :D

I haven't seen any of the Mad Max movies, but I do know that the grey hover car/tank in this MOC is amazing. Love those cannons! :thumbup:

The terrain is a little blocky for my tastes. I might try to control the color blocking a little more and use some rounded or wedge plates if you have them for a more natural look.

Thank you! : ) While I do not own many rounded/wedge plates I will certainly try to include them! Could you perhaps give me an example of what you mean exactly, so I could study it? : )

Nice vehicles, although management would like to speak to you about timewasting and using company resources... I have made an example of you in the transmission.

Nice vehicles, although management would like to speak to you about timewasting and using company resources... I have made an example of you in the transmission.

:O I never knew that the upper management would have the time to look at my cosplay stream! I feel great honor and immense shame. I will try to detach myself from my shameful habits in the future.

Great looking vehicles! :classic: However, I'm a bit stumped that they only managed to release 9 movies over a 1800 year period... that's like one movie each 200 years (especially if they're good enough for this to be your favourite movie of all time)! :wacko:

Great looking vehicles! :classic: However, I'm a bit stumped that they only managed to release 9 movies over a 1800 year period... that's like one movie each 200 years (especially if they're good enough for this to be your favourite movie of all time)! :wacko:

It gets rebooted every 20 years, your gramp's gramp was watching the same film as you but with slightly worse quality and not starring Jargo Borgman as hunky Rockatansky. But of course you wouldn't know that, engineers are always uncultured.

It's just like Commander Turtle said:

It gets rebooted every 20 years, your gramp's gramp was watching the same film as you but with slightly worse quality and not starring Jargo Borgman as hunky Rockatansky. But of course you wouldn't know that, engineers are always uncultured.

:D

For ease of mind you can think off it like XIII :D

Thank you! : ) While I do not own many rounded/wedge plates I will certainly try to include them! Could you perhaps give me an example of what you mean exactly, so I could study it? : )

Sure. Our own Mark of "Orion" did some really nice color blocking with the greens here. Take a look at pretty much anything in Derfel Cadarn's Flickr. He manages to create smooth transitions without wedge or round plates by using small pieces (1x1s and 1x2s). Here's another, and another. Especially for smaller "vignette" MOCs, you're probably better off running with a single main color and using a second or third as accents.

Nice build!

Super cool vehicles!

Thank you guys : )

Sure. Our own Mark of "Orion" did some really nice color blocking with the greens here. Take a look at pretty much anything in Derfel Cadarn's Flickr. He manages to create smooth transitions without wedge or round plates by using small pieces (1x1s and 1x2s). Here's another, and another. Especially for smaller "vignette" MOCs, you're probably better off running with a single main color and using a second or third as accents.

Thank you for amazing examples! I'll make sure to implements something similar in my next builds : )