Sign in to follow this  
Mike S

[Challenge 2] [Cat. A] The Ambassador - Kawashita Fighter Prototype

Voice Log of Mister S:

"Kara and I finally made it to the closest hangar bay on the Kameko. Due to the location of my garage in the Research and Development section of the ship, the closest hangar was also research and development. Fortunately there was a small two person fighter in the bay and Kara and I quickly hopped in it. I asked her if she knew how to fly it. She said that she didn't and that she thought that driving was my department. I started to explain the difference between driving and piloting but realized we didn't have the time. I experimented with the controls until the voice activated interface spoke up welcoming us to "The Ambassador". It only took a few sentences to have the fighter powered up and exiting the Kameko."

19658811440_57d67f072d_c.jpg

19839459852_1852ab82a4_c.jpg

19839450212_b4364eaf62_c.jpg

19225924873_195c12a336_c.jpg

19839427112_eaf72047ec_c.jpg

Really like the underside details and greebling mixed with the topside smoothness. I also like that the profile kinda looks like a big car!

Wow, the use of Bionicle parts is perfect!

I second this! Great work, love the style - very compact and powerful.

Very nice ship Mike S, the use of those Bionicle parts is great!

At first glance, one might dismiss this ship as simple, because of how elegantly it was put together.

But on closer inspection, this ship is downright complex beyond belief.

The inclusion of the bionicle bricks, the SNOT work, the angles, and the fact that you went from an odd wide cockpit to an even wide engine all point to an incredibly complex build. How you managed to fit all that in a ship this size is phenomenal.

On top of everything, that you managed to build this ship with such a fantastic shape and fit greebling details is a testament to your skill.

Beautiful ship Mike! Great compact design and lots of smart detail use (including but not limited to the Bionicle front)! Beautiful, I love it! :wub:

Fantastic ship Mike, wonderful use of the Bionicle pieces! Superb shaping overall, and the cockpit fits in very well! :sweet:

Another beautiful integration of System pieces and non-System pieces! The side-by-side cockpit is just plain cool too.

I'm not convinced the fingers at the rear are adding anything though.

I really like the front underside and how that's integrated with the rest of the build. Really nice Mike! :thumbup:

Wow, the use of Bionicle parts is perfect!

Really like the underside details and greebling mixed with the topside smoothness. I also like that the profile kinda looks like a big car!

I second this! Great work, love the style - very compact and powerful.

Fantastic work, Mike! The cockpit and engines are great :thumbup:

Oh Yes! Very very nice, Mike.

Very nice ship Mike S, the use of those Bionicle parts is great!

Thanks guys!

At first glance, one might dismiss this ship as simple, because of how elegantly it was put together.

But on closer inspection, this ship is downright complex beyond belief.

The inclusion of the bionicle bricks, the SNOT work, the angles, and the fact that you went from an odd wide cockpit to an even wide engine all point to an incredibly complex build. How you managed to fit all that in a ship this size is phenomenal.

On top of everything, that you managed to build this ship with such a fantastic shape and fit greebling details is a testament to your skill.

Wow! Thanks for the kind words! Really made my day!

Nice ship!

Beautiful ship Mike! Great compact design and lots of smart detail use (including but not limited to the Bionicle front)! Beautiful, I love it! :wub:

Fantastic ship Mike, wonderful use of the Bionicle pieces! Superb shaping overall, and the cockpit fits in very well! :sweet:

Thanks!

Another beautiful integration of System pieces and non-System pieces! The side-by-side cockpit is just plain cool too.

I'm not convinced the fingers at the rear are adding anything though.

Thanks! The "fingers" are multi directional thrusters enabling the craft to have good maneuvering capabilities. I thought about putting blue sticks in each but as they are only used mainly in sharp maneuvers and not on a continual basis, I opted to leave them off. There are also a few other details that I probably need to explain (such as the decoy deployment bays) but its not exactly on the top of my priority list.

I really like the front underside and how that's integrated with the rest of the build. Really nice Mike! :thumbup:

Very nice shuttle, luv the use of bionicle parts

Thanks!

Builds like this remind me of how much I still have to learn. Really great job, Sensei!

Thanks! I'm not sure if it is learning as much as having the right pieces available. :wink: Kind of like opportunities, sometimes just being in the right place at the right time makes all the difference in the world. It really helped that I bought a bulk lot of jumper plates for another project I built years ago.

As everyone has said, great use of the bionicle parts. I always think they look perfect for sci-fi builds but I can never seem to integrate them properly, whereas you've pulled it perfectly :thumbup: The overall shape is fantastic too!