Sign in to follow this  
SpacerSteve

[M-D03] An Unexpected Transmission

:Exploration Log

- 19654093069_07f8f6347c_c.jpg

Spacer Steve has spent the last couple weeks mapping Terrial Major and scanning the space near the galactic center. Using his R.A.T. (Recon and Transmission) track, he set off to explore.

-

Along the way he encountered a race of creature that resembled the zoids in Kawashita space. The main difference from the Zoids is they have evolved a thick coat of hair

- 19845650991_a68ec8ba46_c.jpg

Spacer Steve had just managed to make a treaty with Terrialians by trading his lava lamp (filled with Torrestrian lava) for their help mining water.

- 19218092924_f9d2dc0d67_c.jpg

Just then he heard a buzzer beep. His computer signaled that there was an incoming ship. Looks like a small Octan transport! It looks like it is headed for Aeristus. Spacer Steve followed the ship's signal until it hit the surface.

- 19218099964_bb2d3ecd83_c.jpg

He kept his scanner pointed to Aeristus for a couple hours just in case he couple hear any chatter from any faction ships in the area as to what just happened.

- 19840771045_6a1539cfb4_c.jpg

Suddenly a garbled call came through on the MANTIS secure line.

:::Open channel::Freq.786DF::<unencrypted>::Message[begin]Req..st for im......ate extraction from unknown location, please confirm coordinates with positive ID__Agent: Star...iker, S.__Enemy un.... near..., discovery imminent,extraction urgent[end]Close channel::

Spacer Steve - That kind of sounded like Starstriker! He hasn't been heard from in several weeks after disappearing in Octan space. We all assumed he was dead when he ran out of vacation time.

:::Open channel::Freq.786DF::<unencrypted>::Message[begin]Scorpio! Long time no see. Got your location, I'm headed there once I teach these Kawas a little lesson. Don't get yourself caught again, okay? -SpacerSteve[end]Close channel:::

Spacer Steve - Chogg send a drop ship down to pick me up. It looks like we have to plan a rescue mission.

Chogg- Chogg will be right there. Send Chogg your coordinates.

More shots of the build:

- 19814644996_9515c41e7a_c.jpg

- 19219964183_dc774b025a_c.jpg

- 19218048544_a589439634_c.jpg

- 19845671261_c2a661d0a4_c.jpg

Comments and criticism welcome. I realize that the base plate turned out a little to small for the R.A.T. Track :)

Edited by SpacerSteve

The R.A.T. looks great! Nice and compact... :thumbup:

Its true. The lime green color scheme also adds a lot to the overall build. Great job.

Great vehicle and I love those aliens too. Hilarious bugs with fur coats.

That radar vehicle is so cool! I love how the dish hides away when moving, great work.

The truck is awesome! Looks very industrial and well suited to the terrain, and the foldaway dish is perfect! :wub: Great job on the cave and snow too! :thumbup:

Great work on the RAT! The shape is really good! Nice snowscape too!

I like the cave, but the RAT steals the show. Looks perfectly suited for exploring with all the various parts on the outside to make maintenance/repair easier. I like that the back "trunk" opens too!

Neat landscape and very nice R.A.T., SpacerSteve, I really like its shaping and tracks. and the container in the back is very cool as well! :thumbup:

Lovely vehicle. The nets, snow shoes and tracks on the side are really nice touches.

The vehicle is a great piece of work and you've got some great shaping with both the cave and the snow. :thumbup:

I really like this, in fact, the only thing I'd change would be to get some snow shoes in a non-white color. They aren't really working for M.A.N.T.I.S.

The cave and snow, and the R.A.T. track are all incredible. Absolutely brilliant angles for the R.A.T. track!

Edited by pombe

The vehicle is a great piece of work and you've got some great shaping with both the cave and the snow. :thumbup:

I really like this, in fact, the only thing I'd change would be to get some snow shoes in a non-white color. They aren't really working for M.A.N.T.I.S.

I agree. I had some grey ones I could have use too.

Thanks for all the comments I liked how the RAT turned out. I want to do more snot rocks and get better at it. I liked the cave but it just didn't look quite right to me

Thanks for the scores judges!

Nice RAT! The landscape and cave are great too. I think the very top of the cave is where it is lacking, perhaps a bit too flat?