Sign in to follow this  
LittleJohn

[M - D03] A Cold Welcome

Tags: Vehicle, Exploration

Job: Explorer

I set up camp by a small pond on Terrial Major, my teeth chattering because of the cold. At least I'll have fish for dinner, I thought. I went over to my new Rocket Sled and grabbed a flame thrower. Who in their right minds would use a pick axe to make a hole in the ice, when there's these things called flame throwers?

19832096991_0abafc2fe3_z.jpg

Ah, that looks about big enough. Now to wait for a bite.

19832090371_f8d27f787d_z.jpg

Woah, I think I got one! Whoof, look at the size of this thing! Too bad nobody else is here to see it.

19640643079_a20f413eb2_z.jpg

I'll just put my pole away and then cook you up, you'll make a delicious meal!

19206326083_a425385da2_z.jpg

Hmm... I don't have a fire to cook you over... Well, guess I'll just have to use my flame thrower.

19640632309_1d69d8bbdc_z.jpg

Ahh, delicious.

19827263495_70923bb68a_z.jpg

Hehe, I bet an animal would just love to have this...

19819877912_65094b9ba3_z.jpg

Hey, what was that?... Uh-oh...

19639236728_4afebbf16e_z.jpg

AAAAHHH! I've gotta get to my MANTIS™ Death Ray Blaster©!

19204609884_cba0d8dbf7_z.jpg

Come on, where is it?!?!

19819901762_f23699ae9a_z.jpg

Aha! Here it is! Stand back, beastie!

19204637804_f8dc87715c_z.jpg

Alright then, take this!

19639248390_c782f0916a_z.jpg

Haha, you're no match for the MANTIS™ Death Ray Blaster©!

19832115721_6634110d51_z.jpg

AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

19640623899_ff7cdc73e5_z.jpg

The beast was only momentarily stunned by the blast, so I went to plan B: drive like the dickens!

19639252260_5c3c0cc8a0_z.jpg

The hatch on the rocket sled actually opens, though I forgot to take a picture.

C&C welcome :classic:

Wow, I love the story and pictures, like reading a fun comic book! The rocket sled is very neat, the ice looks perfect, and the beast is great. The tent is also a great design.

Haha, that's great! I guess some beasts don't stay stunned for long when it's on stun mode :wink:

That flame thrower looks really handy! I like how you used it to cook the fish too :thumbup:

The snow and ice are really well done, great work!

Great story and exceptional build. That snow looks great, even with the open bits of the arch pieces. I also like how you did the tent and that beast looks like an official Maxel, it's that good!

One of my favourite AG builds so far! :wub: The frozen lake is incredible, the different ways you've added snow to the plants, the footprints, the tent! And then the creature comes along! :wub: And the poses of your character are fantastic and hilarious :grin:

Fantastic snowscape and frozen river LJ, great way to make a hole quick! :sweet: Very nice tent and rocket sled as well, and it's good to see that M.A.N.T.I.S. Death Ray Blasterstm aren't invincible after all! :laugh: I must admit, though, I was expecting the ice to melt and the fish to fall back into the river while he was cooking it! :grin::laugh:

Really good landscape here, LJ! The pond border especially is excellent! :thumbup:

Awesome! love the landscaping, since it gives the build a peaceful look to it. Great touch with the white in the trees and hint of blue in the water. :wub:

Great landscape! I was expecting your fig to fall through the ice after roasting the fish on it! :laugh:

Wow, I love the story and pictures, like reading a fun comic book! The rocket sled is very neat, the ice looks perfect, and the beast is great. The tent is also a great design.

Thanks, shmails! Glad you like it! :grin:

Haha, awesome build and funny story!

Thanks, Graham!

Haha, that's great! I guess some beasts don't stay stunned for long when it's on stun mode :wink:

That flame thrower looks really handy! I like how you used it to cook the fish too :thumbup:

The snow and ice are really well done, great work!

Hehe, guess not :wink: Thanks, the ice was a lot of fun to do :classic:

Nice build! I love the snow and lake effect you incorporated into it!

Thank you! :sweet:

Great build! Love the monster!

Thanks! I was pleased with how he turned out too :classic:

Great story and exceptional build. That snow looks great, even with the open bits of the arch pieces. I also like how you did the tent and that beast looks like an official Maxel, it's that good!

Thanks, mccoyed! Glad you like the snow technique :classic:

One of my favourite AG builds so far! :wub: The frozen lake is incredible, the different ways you've added snow to the plants, the footprints, the tent! And then the creature comes along! :wub: And the poses of your character are fantastic and hilarious :grin:

Thanks, Big Sal! :blush: Posing him was a ton of fun :laugh:

Fantastic snowscape and frozen river LJ, great way to make a hole quick! :sweet: Very nice tent and rocket sled as well, and it's good to see that M.A.N.T.I.S. Death Ray Blasterstm aren't invincible after all! :laugh: I must admit, though, I was expecting the ice to melt and the fish to fall back into the river while he was cooking it! :grin::laugh:

Thanks, Garm! Obviously Little John just needs to learn not to use the stun setting in such a situation as this... :hmpf_bad:

:laugh: That would've been great!

Really good landscape here, LJ! The pond border especially is excellent! :thumbup:

Thanks, Kai!

Awesome! love the landscaping, since it gives the build a peaceful look to it. Great touch with the white in the trees and hint of blue in the water. :wub:

Thanks, Andrew!

Great landscape! I was expecting your fig to fall through the ice after roasting the fish on it! :laugh:

Thanks, Mike! Yea, I guess he didn't stay on the ice long enough :grin:

Weird, I was 100% sure I'd commented on this build, but nope!

I love the use of the flamethrower for everything, a man after my own heart! The snow creature is really cool, he looks very fierce and you integrated some great comedy into your story. And as a practical item I like how big his feet are so they can act like snowshoes and he can quickly get across the snow without sinking in. Great work!