Sign in to follow this  

Hello guys!

In the meanwhile im waiting for the pieces to finish my nissan and a lot of stuff i have in "WIP" state, i moved to my hometown for one month, but i didnt take my legos with me...

Here i only have 90's lego parts.... i was checking what i had in that bucket and had this idea :P

hope you'll like it and i really hope someone improves it with a bigger hull, bigger gears and stronger rubber bands ;)

11696647_10205751646844342_899324795_n.jpg?oh=1f3f4e30f2f415e8eeae57df7b6a4c5e&oe=55ADEB59

Edited by piterx

That is a really neat idea that I will use as a base for improvement. Perhaps I could add a bigger propellor and use 4501130, the more modern floating hull from lego

yeah definitely go for something different than the one i used :P

this one would work great in my opinon!

it's still small but will handle way more weight than the one i had :)

2425849.jpg

Nice... :DDD

I wanted also make a boat with Lego Technic parts...

It looks like Sariel got ahead all of us... :D

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Is that black upright piece just jammed between the studs? It seems to me that that's the weak point of the design. How easy would it be to brace it with a transverse member between the rowlocks?

Owen.

oh yeah, if you watch the video i've reinforced it immediately after with a technic plate and two 1.x2 plates :)

omg i so wanna make an RC boat!

unfortunately the only hulls that are good for what i have in mind (a motorboat) are the one used by Grohl (wich is huuuuuge) and a smaller one wich doesn't give me the right vibrations to put a lipo battery on it xD

oh yeah, if you watch the video i've reinforced it immediately after with a technic plate and two 1.x2 plates :)

Oh so you did - I missed the link to the video.

Carry on.

omg i so wanna make an RC boat!

unfortunately the only hulls that are good for what i have in mind (a motorboat) are the one used by Grohl (wich is huuuuuge) and a smaller one wich doesn't give me the right vibrations to put a lipo battery on it xD

I've made a few Lego rc boats and I didn't use a Lego hull. Instead I built a technic frame, then I wrapped multiple layers of plastic wrap around it to create the frame. You could also use a thicker plastic bag so not as many layers are needed.