drdesignz

Putting the Pieces Together: A Classic Lego Collection

An amazing classic Lego collection from 1979 to the early 90's, complete sets in their original boxes with instructions.

Album with descriptions here: http://imgur.com/a/zO6qm

Purchased all at once (by me) from a single collector, this is by far the best example of classic Lego history I've ever seen in one place. I've photographed and researched the entire collection. If you notice any errors or know of additional information, I'd appreciate you telling me and will update the album accordingly. Enjoy!

Very nice collection and it gave me many flashbacks from my own childhood in the 80s ;) Thanks for sharing!

Wow! That is an incredible collection! Every set is mint! Any plans on opening one or two? :devil:

Glad you guys enjoyed it.

Wow! That is an incredible collection! Every set is mint! Any plans on opening one or two? :devil:

Almost all of these will be built at some point. A select few that I'm not interested in, a couple duplicates and sets I already owned, will be sold. It will be a while before I can build and display all of these. I honestly don't have the space for them now. But it was too good of an opportunity to pass up.

Really nice find. I don't even want to think about what you must have paid for all of those :)

I've never experienced the joy of opening and building a sealed Classic Space set. It must be truly amazing. Fresh gold moons on the minifigs, light gray parts with no yellowing, trans-yellow windscreens that are still perfectly clear... Wow!

This is the kind of find every LEGO enthusiast (at least those who grew up during the '80s and '90s) dreams of stumbling across. I'm very, very jealous - even though I own quite a few of the sets, the feeling of holding the childhood memories in pristine boxes... that's something very special. Treat these with the respect they deserve!

Just added to the album, here are the minifigures found in the bag:

http://imgur.com/aIF1X8N,Hq7TVqF#1

Three dozen Classic Space and nearly all are mint. There isn't a single broken helmet and all graphics are crisp and clear. There are 29 Classic Town, five Futuron, five Castle, one Blacktron I, one Blacktron II, two Pirates, and an Ice Planet 2002 (some are just out of view in their vehicles).

WOW! This is amazing! It is so wonderful to see all those classic sets in their boxes. It really brings up memories. I almost get tears in my eyes. Sets I have got myself, sets that I wanted (or wants.. . :wink:). And those wonderful boxes where the front could be opened for a look inside. Not that I want to collect MISB, but it could be funny to get one. But I guess it would stay MISB for long...

Congratulations on your find and deal, you are really lucky.