The building in which Samuel Marron and his men had moved (New Home for the City Watch) was fine but a bit gloomy in parts.

So it was decided to renovate the City Watch Headquarters.

800x873.jpg

A well-known well-paid architect was called in to oversee the work:

640x480.jpg

Many things needed to be changed...

640x480.jpg

640x513.jpg

640x853.jpg

.. but most importantly, Major Marron had to decide how to replace the existing gargoyles.

Local craftsmen had prepared several promising suggestions:

800x647.jpg

They were of such high quality that it was very difficult to choose.

640x524.jpg

800x1067.jpg

As you can see in the subsequent MOC (which was posted earlier) Marron made a good decision (The Algus Saga: The Beacon of Bruns Fall)

C&C welcome.

Edited by Captain Braunsfeld
(pictures now on Bricksafe instead of flickr)

This is a fun idea of what to do with an old MOC. Very nice! I was however expecting monkeys to replace the gargoyles.

I was thinking of that too. But well done with all these workmen doing their job

Very nice! I love all the workers doing their jobs.

Thanks!

This is a fun idea of what to do with an old MOC. Very nice! I was however expecting monkeys to replace the gargoyles.

Not this time. :grin:

I was thinking of that too. But well done with all these workmen doing their job

They are all very very busy.

Nice build!

Thank you!

But is a change from "gloomy" to "more friendly" acceptable for a vampire?

Most impressive!

Great build to show the changes being made to your City Watch HQ. The various 'gargoyle' choices are hilarious :laugh:

And the prefab ladders work very well as scaffolding :thumbup:

Great build to show the changes being made to your City Watch HQ. The various 'gargoyle' choices are hilarious :laugh:

And the prefab ladders work very well as scaffolding :thumbup:

Very comical (gargoyles) and clean build.

Thanks to both of you, guys.

I have resisted the temptation to include monkey statues :wink:

I really like these "WIPs as complete concepts" just because I like seeing things being built (and seeing men build them). The basic structure looks great and the scaffolding is unmistakable. The different poses for the workers are nice; the guy with the hammer and "chisel" looks intense! Pardon my ignorance, but where do the red buckets come from? (besides the almighty Bricklink, of course) The gargoyles look, well, a little cartoonish but I'm sure you meant them that way. I see you've taken a bit of flak for not including monkeys, so I'll go easy: have you ever considered painting one of the standard monkeys to use as a statue? Regardless of that this has your signature style emanating from its studs. Good work.

Edited by Captain Dee

The red buckets came from a polybag set that was a giveaway in the lego store some time back (when they try to comfort you for having spent too much...). :look: I have a few of them .... :grin:

As you can see in part three of this little story, Samuel Marron has not chosen one of the cartoonish gargoyles but has sticked to the "dragon standard" that is very common in Mitgardia.

have you ever considered painting one of the standard monkeys to use as a statue?

The monkeys won't let me do that ... :monkey: :monkey: :monkey:

Nice to see a "brick-built WIP" with scaffolding! I like the concept a lot and have thought of doing it myself some time :classic:

(My only nitpick is that I'm not very fond of "evenly studded" surfaces in highly detailed builds like this one, I would have preferred tiled boards on the scaffolding and table, and maybe at least some tiles on the roof and in the courtyard)

I would have preferred tiled boards on the scaffolding and table, and maybe at least some tiles on the roof and in the courtyard)

You're right, that would have been a good improvement.

I'll think about this for my next "WIP MOC".