anothergol

[MOC - WIP] another AT-ST

I have seen some pretty accurate custom-made AT-ST's in my time as a lego builder but this...is at least in my top 3 best AT-STs, period. Really the only impovement i can think of at the moment is that it would great to add a working hatch. Otherwise, I'm really impressed!

Thanks.

Problem is that I need those 2 special wedges that make the roof, and a working hatch would require classic wedge plates & thus the ugly staircase effect again.

I have several test builds of a "working" hatch, but one that opens to nothing (the rotary plate). I didn't keep it because it was troubles and not very lego-legal. But it's interesting that a 3x3 inverted radar fits well up there, if only there was a proper way to attach it.

(it's of course always possible to put a minifig up there, removing the legs)

WOW. Just WOW. That's a buty AT-ST. It's almost like made by TLG.

yup... i think this is the definitive lego AT-ST ive been waiting for. It looks great and very well detailed. Is the LDD file available? I have enough spare greys and walker pilots to make 5 of these. A squad of these babies would look awesome. :classic: :classic: :classic:

Edited by Outworlder

Could you please, please, please, please pleeaase post a LDD-file or some building instructions?? I LOVE this model, and I´m creating an Endor-battle-scene and this would be just perfect!!

Edited by CapAmmogeddon

I've been sending people to this thread if they want the LDD files, but apparently new members can't use the messaging system (which I can understand, but it's weird that I can't send you a message either).

Drop me an email at gol.plays.lego@gmail.com and I'll send it (but I'm not checking that email address frequently).

Edited by anothergol

Thanks

Around 20 people have requested the LXF, I'm hoping to see one or 2 builds, to see how posable it is for others. Mine hasn't fallen over, but I haven't really "played" with it either.

Very impressive!

I love the amount of detail you have made into it in this scale.

Moving legs are a great bonus, though it is a pity if they are not sticky

enough to stand alone for a long time. Maybe using some other technic

parts?

-Samppu

though it is a pity if they are not sticky

enough to stand alone for a long time.

but they are

it's just that I don't know how much balljoints (especially the extender parts) wear off when you play with them

Edited by anothergol

AT-ST_2_Side.jpg

Very nice MOC. Out of interest, where did you find the LBG 26° Banner (or Trapezoidal flag) parts that you use on the outsides of the legs? I don't see any on Bricklink, or LEGO Bricks & Pieces and they don't seem to have been in any sets.

It's a special color, I had bought 2 months ago from (BL) MagicBricks, and was wondering where to use them. Seems to be out of stock now.

For the ones who are gonna build one:

You can just swap it with a square flag. Since the pic I also got rid of the print on the square one btw.

You may also have problems finding the DBG car roof (with headlights) that's used under the body, as it's becoming rare. Other than that, all the rest is more or less easy to find.

Edited by anothergol

It's up on Lego Ideas now, plz consider supporting:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/112665

AT-ST_Pic00.jpg

AT-ST_Pic03.jpg

This is an absolutely awesome model, and you were very kind to send me the LXF files you used as mentioned above when I emailed you, but I'm wondering - which of the files is the closest to the model you actually built? :sceptic:

I've been basing my Bricklink wishlist to build this on the "249 Render" file, but some of the (particularly red) parts are hard to find, and that version doesn't seem to contain the 98613 part you mentioned above...

I *so* want to build this, but I'm worried I end up ordering parts that won't get me anything as beautiful as the one you have pictured, above. :blush:

Hi,

The right version is indeed the last one by number, -but- since then I've posted a proper Rebrickable entry here, please download it:

http://rebrickable.c...star-wars-at-st

It has more details in a text file, explaining the pitfalls & all. As it explains, there are no red parts, the red ones in the LXF are not visible, so they can be any color. For the Rebrickable inventory, I've used grey.

Part 98613 is used in the _249 project, there are 4 of them on the hip bars in-between the legs.

There's only the 2 LBG cut flags that you probably won't find - I've used square ones in the inventory (as they don't even exist officially), and only 3 parts that are becoming rare enough (bucket handles, DBG car roof, the mighty LBG paint rollers [but you can still use black]).

Rebrickable lists all the pieces at the bottom.

I'm also gonna have to make a little update because, since the Lego Dimensions sets are out, a part is now available in LBG and will enhance the look.

I think I also forgot to mention, in the project files, that the interior features 2 printed console 1x2 tiles. I've picked 2 random DBG ones, but you can use any, or unprited tiles - they're not really visible unless you remove the whole top. Previous versions had control sticks there, but the "real" AT-ST seems to feature more consoles inside. The other 2 printed tiles are the 2x2 disks at the back, I've used a random one but ideally they should be vent blades, which happen to exist, but with a hole and in DBG.

The Lego Ideas project has raised 1000 supporters btw, thanks for that.

Edited by anothergol