Sign in to follow this  
-Carson Haupt-

A Marriage for the History Books

Before his death in the Mystic Isles, Cassius's advisor, Alfred, had taken on the duties of a father and had begun looking for a suitable match for his young duke. His death, however, hindered him from ever finishing his search. When Alfred's body was retrieved from the swamplands to receive a proper burial, there was also found in the tower several sheafs of paper, one of which had a list of potential suitors inscribed on it. Acting on this list, Cassius began to search for a woman to marry. After pursuing many leads that led to unsuitable (sometimes bearded in the case of the northern neighbors) people, he eventually met the one for him in a small, yet politically important Kaliphlinian city. Her name was Kathryn, of the House of Belloc.

19128195944_f3b51ce5ef_c.jpg

19562739720_1c144d269a_c.jpg

After being engaged for some time, the two were finally joined in matrimony in the Great Cathedral in Burnby.

19755460931_30785a171f_c.jpg

19750790425_73601d5655_c.jpg

And thus begins a new chapter of the history of Burnby, now under the rule of not just a Duke, but now also a Duchess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wow, it been a while since I've posted something here! This has actually been built since, like, March maybe, but I've just now gotten around to posting it. Sorry for the hiatus, but I should be back regularly now!

The Kaliphlin build is good, but your cathedral looks great! Some great texturing and techniques in here. Good to see you back!

I agree with Milo, both builds are really good but the cathedral is excellent! The architecture is very nice and I especially like the rafters! :thumbup: I also like the use of gears in both the builds!

Very nice builds Milo! They're both top-notch :thumbup: . After looking a while at them, I think I like the first one better. There are so many cool details... the window, the lamp, nice textures on the floor and the wall.

On the second one I see that you also have the same problem as I do... not enough light bluish grey headlight bricks :laugh:. I also use dark bluish grey behind 2x2 tiles in my WIP

Welcome back - two very fine builds!

There are some nice details which I like:

- the lantern in the first MOC

- the use of microfigs and of different red colours for the carpet in the second.

Very nice builds Carson, excellent texturing on the first one, and the lamp and floor are superb as well. The second one is great too, the rafters, texturing on the walls, statues, and windows are all fantastic. My only nitpick would be that I'm not a fan of the hairstyle on the guy in the first build :laugh: I'm looking forward to the future adventures of the Duke and Duchess of Burnby! :wink::sweet:

Great to see some mocs from you again!! I really like both of them both the wedding scene is so good looking!!!

Good attention to detail in both builds and on the figs; nice wall techniques, that stained glass is quite cleverly done as well :thumbup:

That's a nice cathedral you got there. And congratulations with your marriage, it seems the time of the year

Sweet builds Carson, glad to see you back! Both interior scenes here are excellent. The lamp, SNoT floor and texturing stand out in the magistrate's office. The chapel scene however is just perfect, the rug, chandelier, and small/large statues are really nice touches. The roof is probably my favorite detail, great work on that!

Fantastic builds, Carson! I really like the wall texturing one the first one and the window design is excellent too :thumbup:

The wedding scene is my favorite of the two though; the carpet, recessed statues and angled ceiling are all amazing! :wub:

Great to see you in GoH again! The first build features some lovely techniques, the window :wub: and floor particularly. Beautiful chapel as well, the slanted ceiling, recessed arches, window again :wub: , and chandelier are all superb :thumbup:

The Kaliphlin build is good, but your cathedral looks great! Some great texturing and techniques in here. Good to see you back!

Well thank you! I was pretty proud of the cathedral, maybe I'll have to make some more of it! It's definitely good the be back, I missed the Guilds.

I agree with Milo, both builds are really good but the cathedral is excellent! The architecture is very nice and I especially like the rafters! :thumbup: I also like the use of gears in both the builds!

Thanks a bunch! I'm glad you like the architecture! I liked the way the gears looked a bit like some more ornate carvings without being super complicated to build.

Very nice builds Milo! They're both top-notch :thumbup: . After looking a while at them, I think I like the first one better. There are so many cool details... the window, the lamp, nice textures on the floor and the wall.

On the second one I see that you also have the same problem as I do... not enough light bluish grey headlight bricks :laugh:. I also use dark bluish grey behind 2x2 tiles in my WIP

Haha, I think you have the wrong person in mind, but I'll take it! I'm glad you like the details in the first build, I felt like it would be overshadowed by the second one. And yes, I too have that problem! I never have the right pieces in the right colors so I just try to hide them.

Welcome back - two very fine builds!

There are some nice details which I like:

- the lantern in the first MOC

- the use of microfigs and of different red colours for the carpet in the second.

Thanks a lot! The lantern I actually copied from someone, but for the life of me I can't remember who. I guess that's the peril,of waiting so long to post something!

Very nice builds Carson, excellent texturing on the first one, and the lamp and floor are superb as well. The second one is great too, the rafters, texturing on the walls, statues, and windows are all fantastic. My only nitpick would be that I'm not a fan of the hairstyle on the guy in the first build :laugh: I'm looking forward to the future adventures of the Duke and Duchess of Burnby! :wink::sweet:

Thank you, I'm glad you like it! I agree that the hair is a bit weird, I'm not sure what I was thinking using it!

Nice builds! Cool details, I like the windows in both builds!

Thanks a lot Vlad!

Great to see some mocs from you again!! I really like both of them both the wedding scene is so good looking!!!

Thanks, it's good to be back! I'm glad you like it!

Good attention to detail in both builds and on the figs; nice wall techniques, that stained glass is quite cleverly done as well :thumbup:

Why thank you! I'm pretty find of the stained glass as well!

That's a nice cathedral you got there. And congratulations with your marriage, it seems the time of the year

Thanks! It really does.

Sweet builds Carson, glad to see you back! Both interior scenes here are excellent. The lamp, SNoT floor and texturing stand out in the magistrate's office. The chapel scene however is just perfect, the rug, chandelier, and small/large statues are really nice touches. The roof is probably my favorite detail, great work on that!

Thanks I'm glad you liked them!

Fantastic builds, Carson! I really like the wall texturing one the first one and the window design is excellent too :thumbup:

The wedding scene is my favorite of the two though; the carpet, recessed statues and angled ceiling are all amazing! :wub:

Thanks! I like the wedding too, the statues were fun to work on!

Great to see you in GoH again! The first build features some lovely techniques, the window :wub: and floor particularly. Beautiful chapel as well, the slanted ceiling, recessed arches, window again :wub: , and chandelier are all superb :thumbup:

It's good to be back too! Thanks for mentioning the chandelier, I think it turned out rather nice!

Haha ouch. Somehow most Avalonian sigfigs look too similar :laugh:

Great builds. Just about everything has been said about the details, and the story leaves just enough desired that makes us want to see the next chapter. The skin tone of the bride seems to suggest one of the eastern Kaliphlin cities.

Nice scenes! My single favorite detail is the lantern in the first build :classic:

That roof on the cathedral is a great touch. I like how you snotted it instead of going to the standard plate/wood plank look.

Haha ouch. Somehow most Avalonian sigfigs look too similar :laugh:

They really do! If I were to join now, I would make mine more unique, but I'm pretty well established now so it's a bit late for that!

Great builds. Just about everything has been said about the details, and the story leaves just enough desired that makes us want to see the next chapter. The skin tone of the bride seems to suggest one of the eastern Kaliphlin cities.

Thanks! I was picturing her coming from the north-east, so that's pretty accurate!

Nice scenes! My single favorite detail is the lantern in the first build :classic:

Well thanks!

Awesome lantern !!!

Thank you!

That roof on the cathedral is a great touch. I like how you snotted it instead of going to the standard plate/wood plank look.

Thanks a lot! I wanted to include that since it's a distinctive feature of real world churches.

Both of these scenes are very good, with my single favorite feature being the lantern in the first. It took me a little to realize how you made it, and then I couldn't help but laugh at the brilliance of it. Not being a fan of the original source, I dare say you've used that crown far better than the official sets ever did. The chandelier is also nice and innovative. The wall colors and textures are fine in both scenes, and the varying reds of the carpet are a good feature. The roof section over the cathedral looks great too. I like "boring" and "dull" domestic scenes better than warfare, and weddings aren't exactly common material, so this is quite nice for a change. All the microfigs in the wall are a cool feature as well. Good work.

Both of these scenes are very good, with my single favorite feature being the lantern in the first. It took me a little to realize how you made it, and then I couldn't help but laugh at the brilliance of it. Not being a fan of the original source, I dare say you've used that crown far better than the official sets ever did. The chandelier is also nice and innovative. The wall colors and textures are fine in both scenes, and the varying reds of the carpet are a good feature. The roof section over the cathedral looks great too. I like "boring" and "dull" domestic scenes better than warfare, and weddings aren't exactly common material, so this is quite nice for a change. All the microfigs in the wall are a cool feature as well. Good work.

Thanks you! Such a detailed comment is really appreciated and helpful. I too like more domestic scenes, mostly because I have very few soldier figs!