Sign in to follow this  
Spirit

[MOC] Galaxy Squad-like Insectoids

I'm trying to make some insectoids following the Galaxy Squad color scheme and using some bionicle parts.

Here are my first two (click for bigger pics if necessary):

18647302996_19b0b6fdc5_c.jpg

18485862588_6c9f053589_n.jpg 18485907690_6fa0e56011_n.jpg

And this one, a little inspired by an Exo-Force model:

19753485961_fe83dcd8b4_c.jpg

19127899523_882aae1d26_n.jpg 19562193689_81a82de0ee_n.jpg

The eyes aren't where you'd think they are. :wink:

Great work :D I admire your courage - for taking them outside : ) Is there a story going on here? Looks like they're working together on something : )

Haha ! Thanks ! :laugh:

It might be hard to believe, but taking them outside was indeed a little crazy. The sun was hitting really hard and the weather actually turned into a thunderstorm only a few seconds after the last picture of the second series.

As for the story, the idea was originally to have the two small ones gathering food, with the scorpion-like one protecting them. The missing pictures (no time to make those), were supposed to show a Galaxy Squad Titan's "Deep Space Destroyer" flying over them, causing them to retreat to the woods where the big one appears (4th pic), forcing the Titan to leave.

The last two pics were meant to be reconnaissance observation, showing the biggest insectoid guarding the insectoid workers after that event.

But the combination of little time and unfavourable weather made me drop the idea. :sceptic:

The sun was hitting really hard and the weather actually turned into a thunderstorm only a few seconds after the last picture of the second series.35.gif

Edited by goolyine

I really like the insectoids in galaxy squad. The only thing I didn't like about them is how rigid they were. I like how you used the bionicle hinges to make the pose able.

Thanks. :)

@TheLazyChicken: I'd love to see more as well. Maybe in 30 years when they'll be considered a classic... :sceptic:

@SpacerSteve: Oh I can perfectly see what you mean. I was really disappointed when I built the original insectoids to see almost nothing was moving. The bionicle parts aren't perfect, but they really give the models the "organic" feeling that was missing. Hardest part is to make them look like bionicles as little as possible though.

Haha ! Thanks ! :laugh:

It might be hard to believe, but taking them outside was indeed a little crazy. The sun was hitting really hard and the weather actually turned into a thunderstorm only a few seconds after the last picture of the second series.

As for the story, the idea was originally to have the two small ones gathering food, with the scorpion-like one protecting them. The missing pictures (no time to make those), were supposed to show a Galaxy Squad Titan's "Deep Space Destroyer" flying over them, causing them to retreat to the woods where the big one appears (4th pic), forcing the Titan to leave.

The last two pics were meant to be reconnaissance observation, showing the biggest insectoid guarding the insectoid workers after that event.

But the combination of little time and unfavourable weather made me drop the idea. :sceptic:

What (bad) luck :D Shame you weren't able to shoot the whole story, it sounds great!