Cecilie

[MOC] Pull up, Anakin!

I built this scene from Episode II where Anakin and Obi-Wan chase after Zam Wesell for the Imperium Der Steine MOC Olympics (imperiumdersteine.de)

19535532828_746174fd50_c.jpg

Pull up, Anakin! by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

19101010744_83c42f437a_c.jpg

Alternate view by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

Individual pictures of the two speeders:

19723584815_1545a7e180_c.jpg

XJ-6 airspeeder by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

Yeah, I don't own a Zam Wesell minifig, so I had to improvise on that...

19723582815_654fd98060_c.jpg

Koro-2 exodrive airspeeder by Cecilie Fritzvold, on Flickr

I feel like the yellow speeder is a little big for minifig scale, but other than that, it looks perfect! (I love the detail on the engines)

I love the engine detail on Anakins speeder, they look gritty and alive! But my only gripe with the speeder is it looks a lil bit to long length wise. Other then that a fantastic MOC, I love it!

You just totally floored me with this, Cecilie. :cry_happy: Totally amazing and well beyond what anyone expected from the first round of this contest.

Great details on the speeders and a totally rad but awesome setup. I really love the first image! Well done! :thumbup:

The details on the Jedi speeder are really nice and the forced perspective shot does give the entire dirorama a sense of speed and danger!

LOVELY!

Excellent work. I'll comment here to spare Rolli (and me) some work :)

You've really nailed this scene! There's so much detail and accuracy in both vessels and I particularly love the XJ-6 which is quite rarely seen in LEGO form. The engines are so cool! The base is another thing to admire and you really went an extra mile in adding that tall building for the background. When thinking about fitting this scene into 32x32 I imagined the fighters above each other and Anakin jumping down to the assassins speeder, but this version is even cooler for the posing of vessels. The absence of the real Zen fig is no big deal. This way it's even better - all you need is a female face with a bandana over the mouth. And anyway the original is still yellow ... All in all, far better then I would have imagined it!

You just totally floored me with this, Cecilie. :cry_happy: Totally amazing and well beyond what anyone expected from the first round of this contest.

Great details on the speeders and a totally rad but awesome setup. I really love the first image! Well done! :thumbup:

You forgot to thank me ;)

Thank you everyone for the nice comments! :sweet:

I feel like the yellow speeder is a little big for minifig scale, but other than that, it looks perfect! (I love the detail on the engines)

I love the engine detail on Anakins speeder, they look gritty and alive! But my only gripe with the speeder is it looks a lil bit to long length wise. Other then that a fantastic MOC, I love it!

Yes, I know the yellow speeder may be a bit too long, particularly in the front, but the width is kind of given if I wanted to seat two minifigs and have this level of detail. It could maybe have been 1 stud narrower, but then I couldn't have used those sand green mudguards in the front, which I really liked the look of.

I actually started by building the engines and putting them under the sand green mudguards, so the whole speeder is scaled according to that. It is also shorter than the green speeder (which I built first), so I don't think they are very off in scale with regards to each other.

Thank you :sweet:. Mission accomplished! I probably went a bit overboard, but it was worth it! :grin:

And I guess no rest for me the next couple of weeks :look:

Excellent work. I'll comment here to spare Rolli (and me) some work :)

You've really nailed this scene! There's so much detail and accuracy in both vessels and I particularly love the XJ-6 which is quite rarely seen in LEGO form. The engines are so cool! The base is another thing to admire and you really went an extra mile in adding that tall building for the background. When thinking about fitting this scene into 32x32 I imagined the fighters above each other and Anakin jumping down to the assassins speeder, but this version is even cooler for the posing of vessels. The absence of the real Zen fig is no big deal. This way it's even better - all you need is a female face with a bandana over the mouth. And anyway the original is still yellow ... All in all, far better then I would have imagined it!

What? I'm sure Rolli likes the work! :laugh:

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :sweet:. I tried to do the most out of it I could within the 32x32. The green speeder is actually pretty much exactly 32 studs long, so it would have been a tight fit if I were placing them horizontally :laugh:

That tall building (which is just a wall, really :tongue:) is using pretty much all my black bricks :wacko:.