jensbrix

[WIP] 42039 C-Model - GT Race Car

Hi guys, a lot of building lately. Yesterday i decided to disassemble my 42039, hoping something awesome would come out of it.

I like how the front and rear is shaping up, however, I'm starting to feel limited by the ammount of parts in the set.

It's got a fake engine, 2-speed gearbox, full suspension and working steering.

I just did a quick mock-up of the last couple of panels for the photos.

35cem21.jpg

sl7343.jpg

243n7ko.jpg

2rw21zk.jpg

2e3786a.jpg

I don't think I will finish it though. I'm not completely satisfied with the connection of body and chassis, and I miss the functions of the original.

Instead I will try to make a new build of the original, but modifying the visuals towards this model.

Cheers

Not bad at all! I really like the rear, and of the front had a couple of panels more to close the gap around the lights in would be a heartbreaker. Is it possible to lower the roof of the cockpit for a stud? I think the overall longitudinal shape would improve greatly. I suggest you completed with a couple more bricks and make it a MOC, who cares it is not C-model. There seems to be a lot of space for motorisation. I hope you proceed :-)

I like it. IMO the front looks a bit too open and boxy, but I really like the rear and its smooth look.

Like it a lot! Back looks very good, and i like even the separate colors green back, white in the front!

Very nice build, i like the curved style. Do you have some instructions of how you made the 2-speed gearbox?