Hi.

This is the first time I've posted a MOC on Eurobricks, and I'm a bit nervous doing so given the high standard on here. But I've learnt a lot from seeing what the awesome builders on this forum create, so here goes. This is something I put together a few months ago. It started as an attempt to build an arched bridge with no arch pieces and grew from there. Hopefully whats happening is self explanatory from the title! ;-)

Give Way to Wizards!

20464166170_a3da121b71_z.jpgGive Way To Wizards 7 by Magma Xenoliths, on Flickr

(Edit 17August: Changed the first pic to reflect feedback about the original overview being a bit static)

Original Overview:

18512510092_8345fe3915_c.jpgGive Way To Wizards 1 by Magma Xenoliths, on Flickr

Close up of the "action"

18330728339_95bd725077_c.jpgGive Way To Wizards 3 by Magma Xenoliths, on Flickr

Reverse Angle

17896222163_2ec045bccf_c.jpgGive Way To Wizards 6 by Magma Xenoliths, on Flickr

No special techniques or anything - just trying things I've seen on here and online. I wanted to build something for the local Lego show as I've never built anything for it before so that will be another first for me. Thanks for looking.

Edit: Album here for completionists:

https://www.flickr.c...157654102415161

Edited by Magma

Looks good, why are the soldiers traveling with a goat? or was the goat just at the wrong place on the right time.. or the right place at the wrong time... or the wrong place and the wrong time.

Edited by Isundir

Looks good, why are the soldiers traveling with a goat? or was the goat just at the wrong place on the right time.. or the right place at the wrong time... or the wrong place and the wrong time.

I'm fairly sure the goat is a soldier subject to a Baleful Polymorph spell. In fact you can see in the second picture his helm, shield and sword.

I'm fairly sure the goat is a soldier subject to a Baleful Polymorph spell. In fact you can see in the second picture his helm, shield and sword.

Oh shoot now I get it, didn't notice that thanks (because the goat was lifted up in the air I assumed the wizard was levitating the goat... not even considering it being a transformed soldier.)

Edited by Isundir

Nice build, but maybe pour a load of 1x1 round transparent blue tiles into the river to break up the uniformity and the water will look much better.

Nice Moc, one thing I would suggest for the photography would be a more zoomed out 3/4 view as the main photo. The current one makes the water look more uniform than if viewed from a different angle.

Lovely MOC. Great landscaping and story. :thumbup:

After casting the Polymorph spell, I have a feeling the wizard might be proclaiming: "YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Thanks for the positive comments folks, I appreciate you taking the time to do so. Yes, it is intended to show a transmutation spell being used to settle an argument over who has right of way! ;-)

Nice Moc, one thing I would suggest for the photography would be a more zoomed out 3/4 view as the main photo. The current one makes the water look more uniform than if viewed from a different angle.

Yeah I agree, that first overview shot looks a bit static. I should have taken a slightly more zoomed out shot on an angle looking towards the soldiers showing the whole MOC as an overview. I had one that was shot looking toward the wizard but wasn't far enough out to capture the whole MOC. When I get the chance I'll do that - I shot this outside using an iphone (not using zoom - I don't have a decent camera but need to get one) and natural light so when we get a decent day on the weekend I'll take some more photos. Kind of like this but further back and from the other angle.

18512508352_c57fba2e64_c.jpgGive Way To Wizards 5 by Magma Xenoliths, on Flickr

Nice build, but maybe pour a load of 1x1 round transparent blue tiles into the river to break up the uniformity and the water will look much better.

Tragically I don't have any - nearest PAB wall is a looooong way away from the Antipodes and I haven't sourced any off Bricklink yet. I intend to try that technique at some point though, but thought I'd try this one first.

You shall not pass! ... Oops wrong caption. Anyway, cool build!

Edited by hunpeter12

Awesome, bridge, foliage and the tree all look superb!

Helmets flying of the soldiers is a cool detail as well

Thanks for the positive comments Puvel and BrickJagger!

You shall not pass! ... Oops wrong caption. Anyway, cool build!

Haha! Would love to build that scene sometime. Cheers mate!

This is great! Reminds me of Warcraft 2 where the mage's can turn troops into sheep.

How good was Warcraft 2! I played that heaps - loved using the mages, they could be devastating. Invisibility and Blizzard always caused havoc. When I think of that game I occasionally mutter "Farm's ready" to myself... hope that's not too weird. ;-)

Very nice! Love the goat and the expressions! Have you thought about Guilds of Historica?

Thanks for the comment! I've read the Guilds forum since it started and one day might feel up to it - I think its a great community, with some astonishing builders. But I'm extremely unprolific as a builder - I've only built 4 MOCs this year and this is the biggest. And that's after vowing to build more this year, rather than just fill the cupboard with sets! If I manage to build more, I'd certainly consider joining it though.

I've read the Guilds forum since it started and one day might feel up to it - I think its a great community, with some astonishing builders. But I'm extremely unprolific as a builder - I've only built 4 MOCs this year and this is the biggest. And that's after vowing to build more this year, rather than just fill the cupboard with sets! If I manage to build more, I'd certainly consider joining it though.

You wouldn't do a bad thingif you'd join IT, you bridge certainly is great, just like the minifig posing

No need to worry—this is an amazing build! Fits right in. I love how you did the water and the bridge, and the vegetation looks amazing too! Cool depiction of a scene as well