Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

The Algus Saga: A Small Victory

This is my build for Tower Phase 2 in Age of Mitgardia.

Battles occured throughout the North, as the Algus continued their relentless push into Mitgardia. A Nordheim watchtower had spotted a group of Algus for the village itself, and what warriors the town had left were quickly gathered to try and hold off the icy foes. The men were led by Anar, a veteran warrior famous for his dragon forged spear. Much to the men's relief, the Algus didn't seem capable of freezing the Mitgardians as they charged into battle:

front.JPG

overview.JPG

In fact, Anar even managed to slay one of the fearsome beasts:

battle.JPG

battle3.JPG

Upon which the other Algus made an organized retreat

This gave the warriors new hope, as it seemed that the Algus weren't invincible after all.

battle5.JPG

back.JPG

empty.JPG

I tried a new wooden wall design utilizing sideways plates and tiles to give a planking effect. And credit for the roof design goes to Siercon and Coral.

Neat little tower SK! I'm not completely sure about the planking, it looks a little strange because of the shape of the tower I think, but that roof is great! :thumbup:

Nice roof. I'm slightly unsure about the planking- I think it's the colours, especially that lone plank under the window- makes said window look like it's an odd shape. But I love the build overall, great snow as usual!

Edited by Lord Vladivus

Finally posted here on GoH!" =)

Really love this moc! The fact that you always do interiors to your mocs inspires me so much! Even with new wall designs you do interior!

Love the minifig action aswell!

Nice work on this one, once again. Also, nice interior. The snow and stone path look very nice too.

I like the snow and the Road, but most of all i like the tower. I really love that roof!

I really like the different techniques in use here. The geometric base is far more interesting built to follow the terrain and the snow looks great as usual. The roof of the tower is brilliant and overall I like the planking of the walls, although the placement of some of the dark brown could have been a little less distracting. Once more the half open / half enclosed design is wonderfully neat and tidy and I like all the furnishings and other details. Good work!

Great technics mate.... Lovely work :thumbup: The texturing from the plates is great and I reall ylike the top of the tower, the arch style you made.

The death of that Algus warrior must have left quite the impression for the others to turn and run. Perhaps those icy fiends aren't so tough now that things are heating up!

Great work on the outpost and scene, SK! Love the tower and interior scene but the snowscaping steals the show. The varying levels of snow, the rough and smooth parts (as if windblown and packed snow) and the way it spills over the road is just perfect. Fantastic build, very nice to look at!

Very nice build SK, it's great to see the Algus being driven back! Excellent snow-scape and posing, and I really like the lone bush in the corner for some reason :wink: The planking does look a little odd here, probably because the sides are so short and the logs on the corners are so big by comparison, but the roof does look superb! :sweet: As usual, excellent interior as well! :thumbup:

This build is perfect all the way! Planking turned out ok, love the general build. Roof turned out great too! :thumbup:

Nice tower, especially the roof! I also like the road quite a lot.

A photography nitpick is that I think you have a too short depth of field (i.e. to large aperture resulting in that the part closest to the camera is blurry) in the overview shots. A short depth of field works great in the closeup shots but in overview shots I think it is better to aim for that the whole build should be tack sharp.

Edited by Gideon

Once again, awesome woodwork SK. I wish there was some more detail around the door (what's with the mild angle there btw?), but I like the s-curve of the roof rakes. The path looks really good too, I need to find a bunch of 1x1 square tiles now...

Nice tower, SK!

I think the woodwork is great as well with the sideways plates and tiles. The uneven roof shakes are great! I also love the snow and the tiled pathway! The fig posing is nicely realistic.